Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640274 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T84: Incubation of Discontent
« Reply #4920 on: January 04, 2015, 06:06:36 pm »

"I see The Light has returned from his slumber. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Lord Malakath Vandire Sephir Lecta, Goddess of Souls and Blood. If I may ask, who was the one that sealed you and siphoned your Essence? You must've woken up in their plane, I would think."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T84: Incubation of Discontent
« Reply #4921 on: January 04, 2015, 10:29:36 pm »

Propagate the Seraphim and Ophanim to 1.5 Million, Cherubim to 1 Million, and Chiracyx to 0.5 Million.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T85: Distilled Fear
« Reply #4922 on: January 05, 2015, 03:54:01 am »

Tick 85: Distilled Fear

Nelin, an angel of Malakath, has created a socio-economic system reminiscent of communism as intended.

The blood-interested Dwarves seem to think spilling blood literally is the highest form of worship and have begun to lose interest in Malakath, for better and for worse.

Malakath has painted in her own face with her own blood on a random blood mural and enchanted it to grant it indestrucibility, positive soul resonance of some kind, and slight animation on blood moons. Amathet has come to admire the blood mural.

Slythan Vandiric churches have become known for their relative coolness, and those who worship Malakath or are in danger from the heat will not be charged for entry.

The Slythan sun still seems to be overly active for unfathomable mundane reasons. Levels of magical or chi influence are insignificant.

Khaziraad:
#1: #1 is currently at a Rani inn on Keshan, where the sun is normal.
#2: 88 glass spiders have arrived to search for the inventor, who seems to have been deactivated and placed in a cell. They detect no significant Void influence. The heart seems to have a built-in pump and can theoretically pump liquids as dense as seawater, but it appears to have been designed to pump the rusty liquid infested with organics.

Khaziraad's recommendation to siphon excess heat to an uninhabited gas giant moon has been opposed and unopposed by Malakath, although the Slythan sun seems to have reached a plateau or peak in heat, preventing the automatic triggering of this command.

Melyssa:
"What is beauty?"
"Are you in league with Azem?"
"How can we improve our doors?"

Atropos:
"What will we play? 52-card pickup?"

Fortuna has toured gambling halls once again, cultivating superstitions like grain and removing the weedy ones. An increasingly common one is that mentioning the word "luck" or "Fortuna" causes Fortuna to disappear.

(I can work with most anything, I think. If it's too vague to resolve, I'll mention it. It's not necessary to make actions too detailed.

This is my first time GMing.)

Quéßäre:
"That makes sense."
"Surely you can see that those oafish visitors would make for a dangerous addition."
"How interesting.."

Quéßäre has created 1 000 Wolf-People. Quéßäre has also commissioned a shrine to Darruth in Ãrenne with "Sclup" engraved on it and bound the glowing crystals the Light gave to form an amulet and placed it on the statue in Àrenne.

Darruth has propagated the Seraphim and Ophanim to 1.5M, the Cherubim to 1M, and the Chiracyx to 500K.

50/70 of Khaziraad's dead angels have revived so far.

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Candle. Solar activity continues to be extremely high for Slytha's sun. The (mundane) Slythan aurora can be seen more than halfway to the equator (40$\degree$)

(Malakath: -1E, Quéßäre: -3E, Darruth: -10E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Animals, Misery, Destruction, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Poverty and Heat.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: January 05, 2015, 04:28:45 am »

Nelin, an angel of Malakath, has created a socio-economic system reminiscent of communism as intended.
Communism! That's what this totally new and original system of government shall be called!

The blood-interested Dwarves seem to think spilling blood literally is the highest form of worship and have begun to lose interest in Malakath, for better and for worse.
Hmm.... Alright then. Blood-spilling shall officially be made the highest form of worship (for Dwarves) but only if it is between warriors or if it's a legitimate threat like a megabeast. Spilling the blood of civilians is so easy as to be rendered meaningless. Devotion must have meaning by definition.

To those Dwarven warriors that show so great devotion that they willingly engage in a fight they are likely to lose just to prove their devotion will be given access to a berserker state which doubles their strength, wipes away fear (giving a nice defence against Psymental attacks), and generally makes them badass. Once the berserker state is accessed, they can use it in whatever fight they want, though the large increase in power it gives means they will save it for opponents who they need the state to beat as it would be dishonourable to waste their gift on those already weak compared to them.

I tell them that as magma is blood of the earth (CANON), to use it is to draw strength from me, and to worship me is to gain greater power over it. If they agree to build me a grand temple and to allow for High Priests of Malakath to crown their royalty, I will share with them the secrets of magmamancy. (An entirely new and as of yet non-existent form of magic. It also covers the mundane properties of magma which should help with manipulating it both mundanely and alchemically.)

Malakath has painted in her own face with her own blood on a random blood mural and enchanted it to grant it indestrucibility, positive soul resonance of some kind, and slight animation on blood moons.
(It basically makes people feel good down to the deepest level. Not the Mystic Snow kind of good, but rather a kind of Buddhist zen feel or something. Not drowsy or inactive - just at peace. It actually kind of makes them a bit active so they don't just stand around looking at the mural all day.)

(Malakath: -1E)
(Really? That actually cost me 1E? Shoot, and I was hoping that god blood from the blood god would be magical WITHOUT an Essence charge.)

Malakath (Souls, Blood): 10/22, 5-6
(I was on 12E last Tick and I only spent 1E this Tick. Even discounting whatever Essence income I got this turn, I should be at 11 Essence minimum.)

"Gods and goddesses, it has come to our attention that people are making pacts with the Void for common, everyday things because they don't have access to magic. It is a vital necessity that we end this practice by allowing all sapients access to magic. Despite the ambiguous Essence cost listed for such a proposal, I believe that it will cost little to nothing if we were to enact it."
"While we're on the subject, I propose that Void-worshippers will not be able to use magic. If the Void wants a place in our universe, it'll have to abide by our laws."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:24:07 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: January 05, 2015, 04:43:17 am »

Kli tries to "rebalance" the Slythan sun so it may return to normal.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: January 05, 2015, 04:47:52 am »

"What is beauty?"
"Beauty is valuable only as a means to power. For every other purpose it is worthless."
"Are you in league with Azem?"
"As far as I know, I am not in league with Azem. why would you think that?"
"How can we improve our doors?"
"The answer to that question is quite simple; more, bigger and sharper blades."

"Gods and goddesses, it has come to our attention that people are making pacts with the Void for common, everyday things because they don't have access to magic. It is a vital necessity that we end this practice by allowing all sapients access to magic. Despite the ambiguous Essence cost listed for such a proposal, I believe that it will cost little to nothing if we were to enact it."
"While we're on the subject, I propose that Void-worshippers will not be able to use magic. If the Void wants a place in our universe, it'll have to abide by our laws."

Support

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: January 05, 2015, 04:52:05 am »

The price for updating the Bestiary has gone down from 5 Essence to 3 Essence. It is a one-time payment and with it will come a new edition which will include things like attunements and intelligence levels.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: January 05, 2015, 05:12:48 am »

The palms on one of the hand tentacles outstretch, smashing into the face filled tentacle at the bestiary comment.  ::) ::) ::)

At the new proposal, an open hand tentacle puts a thumb between up and down, wiggling back and forth between them. A new tentacle forms, making a kind of hook. An open hand-filled tentacle strikes another hand filled tentacle, connecting like they are clapping. Then the hands separate, as if they where about to scoop up water.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:15:40 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: January 05, 2015, 05:33:18 am »

At the new proposal, an open hand tentacle puts a thumb between up and down, wiggling back and forth between them. A new tentacle forms, making a kind of hook. An open hand-filled tentacle strikes another hand filled tentacle, connecting like they are clapping. Then the hands separate, as if they where about to scoop up water.
Malakath hands Fusil a piece of paper and a pen.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: January 05, 2015, 05:39:53 am »

I draw a mustache and a series of circles on the piece of paper using the pen then pin it to Malakath. I pull out a Woodsman pistol and cock it menacingly.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:51 am »

Malakath's eyes glow even redder. Her shadows start moving, expanding.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: January 05, 2015, 05:52:19 am »

A hook shaped tentacle sprouts from my head momentarily, as the face tentacles start moving as if speaking. The pistol does not leave the target.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: January 05, 2015, 05:59:59 am »

Her eyes go back to their usual red(!) and her shadows go back to normal.

"I can only guess that hook thing represents a question mark. Let's see if I can interpret your previous message."

"If you abstain on both proposals, raise one tentacle. If you like one proposal but not the other, raise two tentacles."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:02:42 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: January 05, 2015, 06:02:19 am »

Cim writes in kilometer-tall flaming letters, "Just write. End the charade."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: January 05, 2015, 06:05:49 am »

I kinda want to see Lecty try to eat Tykki. Does that make me evil?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 475