Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640156 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T81: The Ice of Stalemates
« Reply #4845 on: January 02, 2015, 12:00:15 am »

The Humanos Grande proved an effective match against a Vindico and the Controllers could kill them pretty easily.

One of them, maybe. An army could easily beat one of your weak Controller Angels, let alone a Paladin.

"Insult?? In case you haven't noticed, children and even adults LOVE your character. The books are more of an affectionate parody than a condemning one. Perhaps you should read a few copies?"

"At least one of my priests felt that it was insulting enough to make a new version. Why haven't you explained the purpose for doing this in the first place?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: January 02, 2015, 12:05:00 am »

Can we be honest, here, rather than continuing to try and prove who has the largest electronic dick?

If we're talking about conscripted soldiers, a Paladin could probably fight a mob of them and come out on top, given sufficient space to keep from getting surrounded/trampled. If we're talking about professional soldiers, a Paladin would probably lose against half a dozen if they knew each other and were working together as a team. Wouldn't mean he wouldn't inflict casualties, though.

Also, Fusil, saying 'my angels killed them super easy' when they were buffed to all hell and back, with super-weapons, as well as their god being personally in the fray...it's a bit disingenuous, don't ya think?

Although, yes, an Angel should be able to mop the floor with Paladins regardless. Controller Angels might be weak, but that's weak for Angels. It's a different scale than what Paladins are on.

I still have no clue what the approximate power level of the Guardian Angels is.

Speaking of which, have they still not found new charges yet? HOP TO IT, LADS 'N LASSES
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: January 02, 2015, 12:08:55 am »

There is a simple way to determine all that. Ask the GMan, send them to DB plane.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: January 02, 2015, 12:09:41 am »

Can we be honest, here, rather than continuing to try and prove who has the largest electronic dick?

No. It is an instrumental part of getting into character!

If we're talking about conscripted soldiers, a Paladin could probably fight a mob of them and come out on top, given sufficient space to keep from getting surrounded/trampled. If we're talking about professional soldiers, a Paladin would probably lose against half a dozen if they knew each other and were working together as a team. Wouldn't mean he wouldn't inflict casualties, though.

Not really. Conscripted soldiers with proper tactics could fairly easily beat a Paladin. Personally, I would have them use a rain of crossbow bolts, enough of them would pretty easily take down a paladin. They have the advantage at closer range due to their flamethrower, but something with longer reach gives the more numerous combatants a great advantage. The Paladins are a lot weaker than they got credit for.

Also, Fusil, saying 'my angels killed them super easy' when they were buffed to all hell and back, with super-weapons, as well as their god being personally in the fray...it's a bit disingenuous, don't ya think?

I was talking about the battle when I was locked up. Two of my Angels where killing twenty Paladins in a turn with no difficulty.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: January 02, 2015, 12:15:53 am »

Maybe I wasn't clear: When I say 'conscripted soldiers' I mean 'shitty equipment and poor discipline'; I'm thinking more of peasants with clubs than real militias. In addition, I was speaking of melee combat, because at a certain point you can just say 'Well I just have more crossbows/shields/catapults/walls/magic', which isn't really a fair analysis. If you make someone buffed up, they get buffed up. Period. Plus, if they've got magic armor/shield, who's to say ranged weapons will be able to work, really? Plus, I think they knew magic...

Oh, well, that just matches up with given data so far. One controller Angel beat 10 Paladins, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: January 02, 2015, 12:20:19 am »

One of them, maybe. An army could easily beat one of your weak Controller Angels, let alone a Paladin.
Of course. Ditto with the Humanos.

"At least one of my priests felt that it was insulting enough to make a new version. Why haven't you explained the purpose for doing this in the first place?"
"Actually, the Armu writing the new books is merely devoted - he's not a priest. He's probably making the new versions just to show a different side to you. Honestly, though, devoted religious people tend to get easily offended anyway. It's normal. I did it because I've never used the butterfly effect and I wanted to. This is the idea that I came up with. Besides, I highly doubt that people would stop worshipping you just because an author made a humorous parody of you. We gave mortals increased common sense, remember?"

A mere half-dozen? Unlikely. Aside from being combat-enhanced, these guys were chosen for being the best of the best. Even a mundane top-tier warrior might kill six professional soldiers in combat, though it is a bit unlikely. Now, adding in the fact that they're also combat-enhanced and are immortal - thus giving them a LOT more time to train and get experience - I'd say that the six pro soldiers stand no chance against even one. That's not even mentioning their top-tier, heavier than normal-people-can-wear armour. All of this is assuming it's a melee fight.

Personally, I would have them use a rain of crossbow bolts, enough of them would pretty easily take down a paladin.
Wouldn't work. Their armour is way too thick and all-encompassing.

I was talking about the battle when I was locked up. Two of my Angels where killing twenty Paladins in a turn with no difficulty.
Indeed. 1 angels to 10 Paladins and the angel will win.

Oh, well, that just matches up with given data so far. One controller Angel beat 10 Paladins, after all.
Incorrect. One regular angel can beat 10 Paladins. I didn't test how many a Controller could take.

EDIT: Actually, I did kind of test a Controller's capabilities. I wanted to see how a fresh Controller would go up against the ten Paladins who'd been training in anti-angel tactics for a while and were kinda pissed at how often they were getting killed by the regular angel who was training them. The Controller - being totally unprepared - was quickly killed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:25:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: January 02, 2015, 12:36:06 am »

"Actually, the Armu writing the new books is merely devoted - he's not a priest. He's probably making the new versions just to show a different side to you. Honestly, though, devoted religious people tend to get easily offended anyway. It's normal. I did it because I've never used the butterfly effect and I wanted to. This is the idea that I came up with. Besides, I highly doubt that people would stop worshipping you just because an author made a humorous parody of you. We gave mortals increased common sense, remember?"

"I stopped caring, I have more news of the summoning ritual and will have to work on that for now. You cannot veto getting hit with a stick, however. That will happen. You can't run. You can't hide."

Wouldn't work. Their armour is way too thick and all-encompassing.

Crossbows can pierce a man in armor. As in, go through the man and his armor and come out the other side. Your armor is not thick enough to stop one.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: January 02, 2015, 12:41:40 am »

Crossbows can pierce a man in armor. As in, go through the man and his armor and come out the other side. Your armor is not thick enough to stop one.
(I call BS. Also, this argument has been moved to OOC.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:47:48 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: January 02, 2015, 01:28:00 am »

Listen to some prayers.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: January 02, 2015, 01:35:53 am »

"Someone seems to have tacked a moustache on me while I was meditating, and I can't seem to be able to remove it. Very funny. >:("
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: January 02, 2015, 01:38:27 am »

I too will listen to some prayers.

EDIT:

"...Tykki, hit Malakath with a stick."
(I just remembered/realised that that was not-Fusil's modus operandi in the books. *facepalm*)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:06:24 am by Andres »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: January 02, 2015, 06:01:43 am »

Melyssa replies to the prayers again:
"Mean? You call that Mean! There are worse things. If you want your answers, do as i say."
"You're welcome!"
"Ah. They might be humans or kobolds. But why do they die?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: January 02, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »

Speak to the person who had been praying to Melyssa.

My child, do not listen to her. You are correct, that would be unnecessarily cruel. Besides which, torture is rarely successful in obtaining truth and honest confession; try to act as though you were their friend, instead. Find common ground. Establish a positive relationship between yourself and them. This has been found to achieve honesty and truthful confession far more often, though it both takes time and is not perfect, as nothing is.

((How I know I'm not bullshitting, at least not entirely:
Link
Linky
Linketty
Link))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: January 02, 2015, 01:44:17 pm »

Cim interjects to the worshiper: "Do as Darruth says. Next time, you might not even need to interrogate at all, but get into a situation where you can simply ask. Befriend them before you need information and they will be open as a book."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: January 02, 2015, 02:05:24 pm »

KI'Tork speaks to the Immortal.

"Hey you can keep inventing I just gave you the abilities to help, There There."

KI'Tork relieves his guilt and gives him an infinite divine chocolate chip cookie that teleports back to him when he loses it and regrows whatever is eaten.

"Now Go Forth and Invent and Do Some Miracles."
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 475