Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640905 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T33: Monsters!
« Reply #2010 on: November 13, 2014, 01:50:56 am »

(I'm not sure about the supporters of the cyclic reincarnation plan, but so far, I've interpreted it as basically having some initial values set, so to speak, on birth on the other world.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:19 am »

Out of curiosity, are you just trying to antagonize random powerful beings or was there some alterior motive to that?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 13, 2014, 01:56:36 am »

"I think he objected to me possibly lying by omission."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 13, 2014, 02:01:34 am »

"When reincarnation happens every memory and facet of personality and identity that that being had is lost. Only their raw soul is left which is nigh indistinguishable from every other soul of its race. Everything you liked about those people is effectively dead forever, as are they. I'll take my leave now."
(I was tired. I forgot that I have ethics in this game.)

(Choose one, jerk)
(You created a system that took a soul and stripped it down to the bare essentials, killing its personality and memories in the process, and recycling it like was some scrap piece of garbage. All I did was inform him of how the system worked. And yet I'm the unethical one.)

(I'm not sure about the supporters of the cyclic reincarnation plan, but so far, I've interpreted it as basically having some initial values set, so to speak, on birth on the other world.)
(Oh wow lawyers are gonna have fun with that! 'You see, your Honour, my client is innocent because he was genetically predisposed FROM BIRTH to kill people! Obviously it's the gods' faults for the murder of that family of five, not my client!')

"I think he objected to me possibly lying by omission."
"I'm actually trying to start a revolution against the current system (row row fight the powah!) of 'soul reincarnation' - which is more like 'soul recycling' to me - which I find to be unethical and morally upsetting. But yeah I guess what you said also applies."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2014 on: November 13, 2014, 02:05:36 am »

(*Eats cooked starchy vegetable snacks*)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 13, 2014, 02:07:00 am »

I'm skeptical. There wasn't any serious ommission because what Yaos said is untrue. Individual souls are not indistinguishable. Having made a creation that takes advantage of just such a part of the reincarnation system, Yaos should know as much. Memories may be lost after reincarnation but they are far from losing their uniqueness. Furthermore, the very fact that souls can go to an afterlife while retaining memories and personality puts strain on the argument Yaos made.

If souls were completely undifferentiated from one another after death, would your little reincarnating angel work Yaos? Again, I'm highly skeptical given what I see.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 13, 2014, 02:27:25 am »

I'm skeptical. There wasn't any serious ommission because what Yaos said is untrue. Individual souls are not indistinguishable. Having made a creation that takes advantage of just such a part of the reincarnation system, Yaos should know as much. Memories may be lost after reincarnation but they are far from losing their uniqueness. Furthermore, the very fact that souls can go to an afterlife while retaining memories and personality puts strain on the argument Yaos made.

If souls were completely undifferentiated from one another after death, would your little reincarnating angel work Yaos? Again, I'm highly skeptical given what I see.

"First, I'll respond by saying that while souls do keep everything when they go to an afterlife, they then proceed to lose everything once they leave said afterlife and reincarnate, or if they don't go to an afterlife at all and just reincarnate. That's why I had to specify that souls that go to the Human Plane stay there forever."
"As for the Duondio (I have GOT to come up with a better name), it is NOT a standard reincarnation. Not at all. It doesn't use the reincarnation system in place for other souls - it uses custom reincarnation cycle built specifically for that soul and even then it only keeps some of its personality traits, namely the desire to do good, the drive to help people with its powers
(explained here,) and a predisposition to worshipping me due to being part Yaosian angel. Every other personality trait is generated normally."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:35:36 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 13, 2014, 02:35:42 am »

"If we're going to have this conversation, at least show yourselves to my poor prophet."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2018 on: November 13, 2014, 02:41:19 am »

Every other personality trait is generated normally.
But normally is not completely random. Normally they carry over from their previous life...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 13, 2014, 02:47:00 am »

"If we're going to have this conversation, at least show yourselves to my poor prophet."
(I thought it was implied that I kinda reappeared once it became a conversation, rather than the mic drop moment it was initially intended to be.)

Every other personality trait is generated normally.
But normally is not completely random. Normally they carry over from their previous life...
"First, I said 'normally' instead of 'randomly' on purpose. Secondly, your first sentence is true. Thirdly, your second sentence is false because no, they don't."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 13, 2014, 02:51:02 am »

(Does that mean I have three other gods crowding my temple now?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 13, 2014, 02:55:00 am »

(Maybe we're all sitting in fluffy cloud heaven while our conversation takes place in the temple. We're gods so that makes sense.)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 13, 2014, 03:21:05 am »

"In any case, I thought I made it clear the inhabitants of my plane choose if they want to move on to the next world."

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 13, 2014, 03:42:01 am »

Kli takes a look at the state of Balance in the Bubble. Is there any trickery causing any warps or breakages that will cause the Bubble to become unstable?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T33.5: Teamwork saves lives
« Reply #2024 on: November 13, 2014, 07:07:51 am »

Tick 33: Teamwork saves lives

Serac has initiated an eternal downpour over the region where the monster infestation is densest to wash away the blood they seemed to be using to summon more monsters.

Investigations of the creatures are ongoing, but the only interesting properties they seem to have are their mindlessness, high resistance to fire, and extreme ability overall. No particular weapon seems to be more effective on them as a whole.

Darruth has created the Archanjel Palatino, an angel with powerful support abilities, and attempted to inspire some mortals with the way of Goodness. Regrettably, it seems that the vast majority of mortals consider themselves sufficiently good.

Yaos has released a thousand Humanos Grandes and ten controller angels to assist in pushing back the monsters. While they perform quite well, their kill ratio is far below the expected requirement to survive the onslaught at all. Khaziraad has released a hall of warm war golems to fight the monsters. They survive for reasonably long times, but they kill fairly slowly. Dackstur has been sent to help defend villages around the site of monster spawning.

Lette and the Controlados have been sent to defend human settlements. The Seven Shiny Ones are fighting the monsters with meager success and evacuating people.

Grauel along with some of the braver, hardier Gruen have taken advantage of the seemingly endless food source to sate their hunger slightly. Testing has shown that consumption of the dead monsters produces a fairly easily anticipated boost to hardiness and a less easily anticipated decline in intelligence in Gruen.

Serac has locked in a gigantic ashen horse, a towering flamingo with external ribs, an enormous eyeless sheep, a great hairy slug, and a huge-eyed starling as the results of the megabeast-creation proposal. Possible additions to complete the list include the following:
  • A towering, hairy theropod. It has thin wings of stretched skin and it has a regal bearing. Its heliotrope hair is short and even. Beware its poisonous sting! - Nature
  • A gigantic, eyeless pheasant. It has two narrow tails and it emanates an aura of giving and kindness. Its pale chestnut feathers are patchy. - Sacrifice
  • A gigantic, feathered crab. It has large mandibles and it has a bloated body. Its heliotrope feathers are fluffed-out. Beware its hunger for warm blood! - Jealousy
  • An enormous mockingbird. It has a twisting, jointed trunk and it squirms and fidgets. Its lime feathers are long and sparse. Beware its poisonous vapors! - Depravity.

Angela has teleported away many survivors all over Keshan.

The Luminee have been granted tunneling knowledge. Unfortunately, it is useful only for hiding from the monsters, as it would take far too long to reach a dwarven fortress or a golem settlement even if the location were known. A Luminee Playwright weeps at the tragedy of a rival releasing a play on the current crisis first.

The Light has granted a quest to an adventurous Luminee, who has been renamed Crurcul the Destroying Light. He has received a special weapon from Fusil under the condition that he care for it enough to cause the birth and maturation of a weapon spirit. He has promised to produce many children for the weapon spirit for Fusil when that happens.

Darruth has sent the Seraphim out to spread Goodness, helped in providing training to assorted people, and marked the more eager followers as Palats for the purpose of receiving a blessing from the Archanjel.

Kujin has died of Essence loss. The cause and agent are still unknown.

Fusil has sent a caravan of Armu to deliver weapons and smiths to the Seraphim.

Yaos has sent the blank psymental angel to retrieve the Duondio from a family of beggars and creates a generic angel to fight the monsters. It is unknown whether the family's rejoicing at the removal of the toddler comes from the removal of a pest or the psymental angel's influence.

Kli has carefully examined the Bubble. There seems to be no trickery likely to cause the Bubble to collapse in the near present/future.

This update's constellations are the Dagger and Sword. The Slythan ice ring remains very prominent.

(Yaos: -3E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0-*) (click to show/hide)
The following players are in danger of being marked as inactive: MedicInDisquise/Artisanii, LostInNowhere/Joha, Illgeo/Taol

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. The war stuff has been suspended due to lack of war (among players, anyway).

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 475