Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 622469 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 17: Zoonotic Zebras
« Reply #1260 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:50 am »

Tick 17.4: Angry Alphabet and And and Affability and Ands

Serac has created a pocket dimension within the Plane of Water and Bubbles with the intention of using it as a prison and has created the crab-shaped Angel of Bubbles Nuparhi with the aid of the powerful Sorae mystics. A hard, sonorous, and glowing metal has recently been discovered by the Sorae.

Fusil has almost attempted to capture a follower of Anath planning to summon Anath in the mistaken belief that Anath is a Void Thing.

Yaos has assigned a sickly child's elder sister as caretaker and ordered that human mages preserve the bodies of their noble parents. This turns out to have been redundant, as the house has had a tradition of embalming and preserving bodies. Additionally, Yaos has reappeared a somewhat zealously arrested Keshan human who coveted a Celestial Coin, almost caused an interimperial incident, created 300 Saeva, and requested a starting sample of Wargs, or human-ridable wolf-derived creatures from Joha.

Azem has rescattered Pieces of Eight not owned by his creatures to places where they are more likely to be found by his own creatures. Here are some recent, notable prayers:
Some Sorae on your treasure island pray for your guidance in their quest for shinies
Golem foreman: "Lord Azem, May We Construct A Temple On Your Island That You May Have A Good Shiny Storehouse? We Will Fill It With Traps Made Of Shiny Metals."
Alprozem, having grown somewhat wiser, has asked for your advice on his rashly issued prohibition of mates for your clergy.
Gem Council Quartz: "Does the Void contain or have shinies, Azem?"

Joha has listened for some prayers and hears these:
"Lady Joha, do you have any recommendations on how to start an Experiment-House of Life (read: laboratory)? We have many great ideas and nowhere to execute them."
A wood elf walks into a bar. "Joha! My head!"
Kifo asks if you would like to play cards with some angels and recently dead mortals.
"By Joh', I wish the wood wern't so thick! Then we'd already be tradin' days ago."
A suspicious little girl asks for a pony but with a tentacle mouth.

Joha has also created glowing sky jellyfish that build impressive structures unaffected by gravity out of cloudstuff*.

Some of Fusil's Armu have joined a Mountwyrm caravan and made contact with the Gruen. Much trading ensues, as many Gruen are curious about the potential transformations resulting from consuming the exotic ores. Fusil has also recently propagated the Armu to around 3 million individuals, making them a significant power.

Yaos and Joha have attempted to resurrect the dead nobles, but this seems to have met with failure despite their efforts. Perhaps if they would like to consume an exorbitant amount of Essence, fate could be persuaded to allow this resurrection to proceed. The grandfather has already cycled back to Keshan after dying as an infant and is currently in a poor area in a human town and was, in any case, dead from an alcohol-related incident long before the children's father died.

(Actually, resurrections would probably be spotty under the best of conditions under the current system. Most mortals probably just flip worlds quickly and the resurrection would be equivalent to killing their otherworldselves. If you skimmed off enough mortals for your afterlife that the chance of a particular mortal soul being in your plane approached or exceeded 5% or so, the living, Worship-capable segment of your race would decrease.)

Azem has filled a recently discovered, gold-rich island with golden apple ents with healing sap and deadly giant golden silk orb weavers. The island holds vast wealth beyond most adventurers' wildest imaginations as well as vast danger in the form of its guardians. Yaos has inspired some non-humans to visit the island. Most return within a week. Azem has also opened up the island for other gods to make more dangerous.

The Hummingbirds have recently been inhabiting a ring of trees around the Tree of Balance to watch for the movements of troops through their forest. At the School, currently frequently debated topics include the role of imbalance in driving change and whether to open the School up to more than debates and some teaching.

Anath has created the Nightguard order consisting of faithful, priestly warriors to defend his creations. He also checks on the mortal who wanted to summon him. It turns out that the "summoning spell" was a recipe for jelly rolls written in a phoneme substitution cipher and that the main reason for why he paid so much to a shady magic merchant to summon Anath was because he wanted nights to be an hour longer every day of the year.

Yaos has answered some prayers! A request to be as tall as a mountain has been ignored, a plea for healing for the little brother of the not-heiress (by divine mandate) has been postponed, a group of cheating children playing Battlemallet: Void Decay have been ignored, an Inquisitor's gratitude has been acknowledged, and a little child's request for doll Pymalionification has been ignored despite the minor pun potential in granting pumpkinification instead. The Duondio seems not to have done much. In the absence of any real work or missions, he seems to be working as a farm hand in a random human village, training Moisten Surface (water) during drier periods, Linear Distribute Granular Objects (air) when planting, Small Localized Vortex when winnowing, and Even Heat Ellipsoidal Object (fire) when baking bread. This will likely have some influence on the abilities he acquires in the future.

The Armu have made contact with the humans, giving vast amounts of gifts to them. All this charity is starting to cause some inflation.

(The price of granting sapience to Wargs will be around High 1-2 but will be easily resisted)

Artisanii has charged some Muses with guarding the Library in general and the room containing Forbidden Books specifically and requests reports on who is taking the books (easy) or using the Library for nefarious purposes (not so easy). Some Muses accost the gods in the Forbidden Book room after noting that a few of the gods failed to return their books to their proper locations or failed to return them completely.

This update's dominant constellations are the Lance and Phoenix. The Keshan aurora are somewhat visible

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

The following players are in danger of being marked inactive: Detoxicated/The Light

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation and HTML canvas learning. Army purchases may be available starting Tick 18.

Sphere ideas this update are Family, Rumors, Protection, and Magic.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 28, 2014, 05:13:17 am »

Azem considers the prayers.

"Please don't overreact and send Strike Team Fusil after them. I will be most upset."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 28, 2014, 05:20:58 am »

(Wait, so, i f too, many people go to heaven, i wont get as many worshippers? This reincarnation system sucks!)

Yaos proposes that the reincarnation system be adjusted so that afterlives have no effect on worshipper bases.

(How old is the sister? Im also fairly certain that the sisters father was killed for trying to revive HIS father who died in a skirmish against the Gruen. Is alcohol poisoning guy the mother's father?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 28, 2014, 12:08:20 pm »

"I believe ignoring most of bickering happening here left me rather unclear on an important matter. Is war between humans and gruen still a thing?"

Agree with 15.00
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »

"I believe ignoring most of bickering happening here left me rather unclear on an important matter. Is war between humans and gruen still a thing?"

"Of course. Give it time. The game master is still working out the mechanics"

Now, what is the next major race? I suppose it would be the Night Elves. The Armu appear during the day high above the town, transforming the midday to almost night. The only light visible above the Night Elf town is the Armu, who are shining like stars. They then descend to the night elf settlement, turning off the lights as they get near, greeting the Night Elves and their leadership.

Also: Does inflation *really* mean anything when I gave all my followers godlike magic?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1265 on: October 28, 2014, 12:25:59 pm »

I'll listen to some prayers.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 28, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »

"12.01.1: Oppose, unless I've misunderstood what the "Bubble" is. There is no point in allowing the Void beings more rights on these worlds, even if we can't exactly force them to comply with the rules.
15.00: Oppose.
16.00: Abstain. If the whole council truly wants this, I won't contest it. I would be happy if someone defined "nice" speech.
"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 28, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »

Make it so that golems send an emmisary to gremlins.

Gremlins could benefit greatly from magma forges that golems have, while golems could benefit from gremlins mechanical skill. Mechanical golems mabye?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 28, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

Artisanii checks on his blessed painter. He sets up a similar contest for Sculptors and Engravors.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 28, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »

Check to see what interesting Gruen Mutations are appearing and what they've been eating. See if any of them actually made it underwater and if they managed to eat any of those electric fish things and what effect it had if any.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 28, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »

"Lady Joha, do you have any recommendations on how to start an Experiment-House of Life (read: laboratory)? We have many great ideas and nowhere to execute them."
Hm... I have this one shrine somewhere around here that has an artifact that could be useful for that... other than that, try to collect a largeish number of elves with similar wishes. I could certainly help you with that (not to mention that it's likely much safer).
A wood elf walks into a bar. "Joha! My head!"
Maybe you should be more careful next time?
Kifo asks if you would like to play cards with some angels and recently dead mortals.
Hm, sounds fun. I'll be over... wherever this is in a moment.
"By Joh', I wish the wood wern't so thick! Then we'd already be tradin' days ago."
I'll subtly relocate some trees so as to make a clearer passageway through the forest.
[no comment]

Also, since I seem to have forgotten that, the jellyfish race's name is the Ikan.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 28, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

(Why do you guys hate Children so much!? Time for the God of weapons to answer the prayer's the other god ignored!)

Dah, ain't that the cutest? Sounds like something my daughter would do, if I had one. Taking pity on her, I find a little Armu girl and take her to the kid. Before they meet, the Armu uses her powers to transform herself into the shape a pony, keeping her tentacle near her mouth. Now she has a pony with a tentacle mouth that can talk, warp reality, and fight a war as a friend!

"I want my doll to be alive! Make it happen now!"

Ah, sentient dolls. Many would agree with me that these are the best kind. I find the soul or a repentant criminal (hopefully for a crime that doesn't involve children, probably female to fit the doll) and, instead of reincarnating them normally, put the soul into the doll. They will stay there as penance for one lifetime, until the crime is sufficiently payed for, or until it goes crazy.

"I wish my little brother would get better, but not even the priests can heal him and my inheritance is running out." (plot-block)

By far the most sad.

"Tykki....Do you think that the Ent-Sap could cure him? Even if we can't get it to him ourselves, we can assist the child on a quest to find them. Otherwise we will just have to teach him necromancy and hope for the best."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 28, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »

(im on my phone so no glow or colour effects.)

Yaos goes into his girl form and appears in front of the sister.

"I am Yaos, Goddess of Humans. I would first like to apologise for being unable to bring your parents back to life but they didnt go to the Human Plane so its out of my power.
I have appeared before you because I am worried for your brother. His illness is one neither I nor Joha ccan heal, which is distressing. Fusil hopes to cure him with ent-stuff but I am doubtful. I suspect Void influence but will need to examine him to be sure. Do I have your permission?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 28, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »

Azem has rescattered Pieces of Eight not owned by his creatures to places where they are more likely to be found by his own creatures. Here are some recent, notable prayers:
Some Sorae on your treasure island pray for your guidance in their quest for shinies
Golem foreman: "Lord Azem, May We Construct A Temple On Your Island That You May Have A Good Shiny Storehouse? We Will Fill It With Traps Made Of Shiny Metals."
Alprozem, having grown somewhat wiser, has asked for your advice on his rashly issued prohibition of mates for your clergy.
Gem Council Quartz: "Does the Void contain or have shinies, Azem?"

Azem blesses the Sorae,

"I would be honored if you did so."
"More births is always a good thing. Let them have mates if they so desire."
"I can tell you with the utmost certainty that does not."

Azem creates two basic angels.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 28, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »

Kind of feel bad Alprozem never found anyone. Would you find it obtrusive if I helped him find a partner?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 475