Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 41528 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D2: Dawn of the Majora's Mask Reference
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:53 pm »

Unvote Salsacookies
Vote Illgeo

What prompted this?

I understand your reasoning for your vote on Ilgeo but not your reasoning for unvoting Salsacookies.

Got some reads I'd like to get. Also, Illgeo is probably scum, while Salsacookies is possibly scum, but probably just a newb. I'd rather lynch someone the more likely scum.

EBWOP

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »

Scripten:

Btw, TheDarkStar, if you have a scum read on me, why has every vote you've made since RVS sheeped mine?

Unvote Salsacookies
Vote Illgeo

Illgeo knows how to win as scum in a newbie game. He's done it before and he's playing just as placidly as before.

Huh, it looks like I've managed to mirror several of your votes so far. Consider it a compliment that you thought that you thought that the same people were scummy as the IC. I have a question, though: Scripten, what specific things make you suspect Illgeo? Also, why don't you ask him any questions at all?

Unvote Salsacookies
Vote Illgeo

What prompted this?

I understand your reasoning for your vote on Ilgeo but not your reasoning for unvoting Salsacookies.

Got some reads I'd like to get. Also, Illgeo is probably scum, which Salsacookies is possibly scum, but probably just a newb. I'd rather lynch someone the more likely scum.

Can you explain the reasoning behind this? You've said that Illgeo is scum, although most of your reason is that he is active lurking; does this mean that you find active lurking scummier than other scummy play? Why do you think Salsacookies is acting like a newb rather than acting like scum? What makes you think that Illgeo is scummier?

Salsacookies: Respond to the questions directed at you from me and everyone else, please!

Less Active people: Post more! Inactivity kills games. You might not think that you have anything to say, but you do. You can debate someone's reasons for thinking someone is scum. You can post your reads. You can ask questions about what people are doing. You can ask questions to learn how to play better. Go ahead!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2014, 08:46:16 pm »

Huh, it looks like I've managed to mirror several of your votes so far. Consider it a compliment that you thought that you thought that the same people were scummy as the IC. I have a question, though: Scripten, what specific things make you suspect Illgeo? Also, why don't you ask him any questions at all?

Specifically? He's playing literally the exact same way he did before when he was scum.

Meta isn't super powerful as a scumhunting tool, but I practically let him win the last game I played with him. I would rather not let that happen this game.

Can you explain the reasoning behind this? You've said that Illgeo is scum, although most of your reason is that he is active lurking; does this mean that you find active lurking scummier than other scummy play? Why do you think Salsacookies is acting like a newb rather than acting like scum? What makes you think that Illgeo is scummier?

Depends. In this game, with a newbie like Salsa, I feel like Illgeo is more dangerous. And maybe giving him some votes would make him more ready to actively participate. Why do I think Salsa is acting like a newb? I'm not really sure how to answer that. He is displaying all sorts of newbie traits in his posting I guess?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2014, 03:16:55 am »

Ilgeo, where's your response to Scripten's accusations?

Salsacookies, where's your reads?

Yap yap activity is the biggest killer of Beginner's Mafias etc. etc. etc.

I can give one of you incentive. Ilgeo, it's time to post.

I want to see everybody commit to a vote by the time the deadline rolls around. So come on, people, it's time to throw that red down. It should generate more to talk about at least.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2014, 07:45:49 am »

Well, I don't have a lot to say about accusation. I know I play exactly the same, but I think I play like that in general.
Off-topic:And Jim could you please write my nick with two ls. For some reason seeing it with one l disturbs me a lot.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2014, 07:48:40 am »

With people voting against me, I feel like I could have done better at not looking so suspicious. I know what I was doing would not work on a regular game, and I'm happy to know what not to do to not be suspected next time.
Well, I still think Salsacookies is rather scummy. Why are you so worried about your image?

And the being intentionally confusing to try and throw off suspicion is also scummy, but that could have been a noob thing, right?

Salsa, you need to post your reads, what you think about every player...

Illego, that was a lurker's response... Nothing useful to the game, just a "I'm here don't lynch please" post. You want to post your reads as well?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2014, 07:53:12 am »

I'm currently rereading some parts of the thread. And my reads haven't changed for now.
And, please, don't mutilate my nick.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:48 am »

Cptn:Do you believe it would be better to lynch Salsa now, as very scummy, or find someone who is scummy but less so and leave Salsa as easy choice for later?
Scripten:Do you have ANY other scumtells about me except for meta?

As for vote I don't see anyone as really scummy except for Salsacookie.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2014, 08:13:15 am »

Scripten:Do you have ANY other scumtells about me except for meta?

Active lurking and timid play.

There's two scum players, so who's your first pick for Salsa's partner if he were to flip scum? Conversely, who do you believe is the scumteam if he flips town?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2014, 08:48:28 am »

Scripten: Don't really know about Salsa's partner. Most suspicious is perhaps Worldmaster. If he's town - than you or, again Worldmaster.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »

Cptn:Do you believe it would be better to lynch Salsa now, as very scummy, or find someone who is scummy but less so and leave Salsa as easy choice for later?
I would prefer to attack a less scummy person, but you two seem almost equally scummy in my opinion. No one else is scummy seeming, and so I would rather lynch the one who is contributing less (Salsacookies)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »

As for vote I don't see anyone as really scummy except for Salsacookie.

BUT WHY

I'm additionally curious why you chose Salsacookies since casting my vote on you created a tie, and your vote broke it. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Seems pretty self-preservationist to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »

Vote Count:
<2> Illgeo: Scripten, Jim Groovester
<3> Salsacookies: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum, TheDarkStar, Illgeo
<0> Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum:
<0> Worldmaster27:
<0> Scripten:
<0> TheDarkStar:
<0> Jim Groovester:
<0> No Lynch:

Not voting: Salsacookies, Worldmaster27

<0/3> Extend:
<0/4> Shorten:

Day 2 will end Wednesday, October 22, at 8 PM EST (approx. 4 hours from now).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2014, 03:42:39 pm »

Jim: He's not scunhunting, his post are weird and confusing, and I have little suspicions of anyone else. As of tie, I haven't even noticed it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

So why do you come to this conclusion now, after people prod you and vote you, instead of before like you really ought to have done?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18