Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: Mafia Victory!  (Read 41500 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #50: The Big One: D1: Histories of Scum and Town
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2014, 09:36:45 pm »

Kilojoule:

quote author=Kilojoule Proton link=topic=144554.msg5726695#msg5726695 date=1413074501]
Vote Scripten, because only scum would make random accusations like that.
[/quote]

Why didn't you vote?

Scripten:
Huh, interesting. Kilojoule Proton (Do you mind KP?) is actually pinging my scum radar pretty solidly with those posts.

What is it exactly that makes him scummy? Similarly, what scumtell do you think is most important?

Illgeo: What's the best way to scumhunt, in your opinion?

Salsacookies: It's MyLo (you + 3 others). One is scum, but you don't know who, and one person has claimed cop. No one seems very scummy. What do you do?

GayArchaea: If you were the jailor, would you prioritize jailing to protect or jailing to block?

Eyjafjallajökull: Can I call you Eyja? Also, if you were a rolecop, would you check the person that everyone finds scummy or the less scummy person that fewer people suspect?

Responses:

Everyone: what are your expectations for the match?

New people panic (regardless of alignment), one of the experienced people (maybe me, yet again) dies tonight, and then it goes downhill from there. If we're lucky, we lynch at least one of the scum by day 3; otherwise, we're at LyLo.

Everyone: Hey, glad to be playing with you all.

On to the question: What's your experience with mafia?

I've been playing for about 10 months so far, in which time I've played 10-25 games (I lost count). I was scum for my first 3-5 games, and then I've been town ever since (except for that one school and meteor one and then the most recent BYOR).

PPE: 4 posts were written while I was writing this; I'll read and respond to them later after I read over them.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »

Kilojoule:

Why didn't you vote?

Scripten:
Huh, interesting. Kilojoule Proton (Do you mind KP?) is actually pinging my scum radar pretty solidly with those posts.

What is it exactly that makes him scummy? Similarly, what scumtell do you think is most important?

Salsacookies: It's MyLo (you + 3 others). One is scum, but you don't know who, and one person has claimed cop. No one seems very scummy. What do you do?

GayArchaea: If you were the jailor, would you prioritize jailing to protect or jailing to block?

Eyjafjallajökull: Can I call you Eyja? Also, if you were a rolecop, would you check the person that everyone finds scummy or the less scummy person that fewer people suspect?

Responses:

New people panic (regardless of alignment), one of the experienced people (maybe me, yet again) dies tonight, and then it goes downhill from there. If we're lucky, we lynch at least one of the scum by day 3; otherwise, we're at LyLo.

Everyone: Hey, glad to be playing with you all.

On to the question: What's your experience with mafia?

I've been playing for about 10 months so far, in which time I've played 10-25 games (I lost count). I was scum for my first 3-5 games, and then I've been town ever since (except for that one school and meteor one and then the most recent BYOR).

PPE: 4 posts were written while I was writing this; I'll read and respond to them later after I read over them.

EBWOP for the missing bracket.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2014, 09:49:20 pm »

(Yeah, KP along with Kilojoule, KJ, or Kilo are probably all sufficiently unique and identifiable.)

I defend myself with the argument that the role I play is essential for the town*.To lynch me would be to deplete you collectively of a necessary part of defending against scum. At the moment, I will not shift my vote, as it is said that the dice do not lie.

* Although the same could be said of an average townsperson at a LYLO (?)
KP, this leads me to believe you have a power role at best, so you're now a target of the dreadful mafia. A slip of the tongue perhaps, but do not reveal what possible information you have. The reveal, if it is as I suspect, would only be making a clear target for scum.

I would prioritize jailing to protect whoever I think may be town, because it would lower the chance of the mafia killing a townie during the night.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2014, 09:59:46 pm »

I understand, thanks.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »

I understand, thanks.
I would've unvoted here, but please answer the question TheDarkStar gave to you. It is considered scummy to ignore questions targeted towards you, unless you had already answered the exact same question in the thread.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2014, 10:21:09 pm »

Depends on the context. Evasiveness or opportunistic actions at this point. Hence why I made my vote more serious than RVS.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 10:23:48 pm »

Kilojoule:

Why didn't you vote?
To be honest, I had no idea about the distinction between scumhunting and D1 lynches.

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2014, 10:33:48 pm »

Fair enough, Unvote.

Salsacookies: If you were scum and had to choose between the two styles of play: would you be cautious or would you be reckless?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2014, 06:05:52 am »

Everyone: What's your experience with mafia?
One game: BM 48 as Scum.
Because both scum and townies are equally newbies, I think it's hard to predict anything at this point.
But I hope we'll have much fun.
Pay close atention to everyone and look for scumtells.
If you can't find any - pressure people until someone showing them.
If you can - pressure that person until he drops enough scumtells for everyone to see and lynch him.

Scripten: Will your play change because you have seen my scum play last game?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2014, 08:15:44 am »

GayArchea For me being scum, cold and calculating, watch the dominos fall from panic and anxiety. How about you, and were you expecting me to confess something? Yes, I did it, I ate the last sweetroll. Also, if it's anything like Psycho Murderers, the big guy with a oil barrel will light himself on fire and literally break the game.

TheDarkStar If there is any trouble of telling whose who, cop is scum, because only scum would say he's not, unless he doesn't say anything, to make you think he's nothing, but on the right foot, there's the possibility of....

Worldmaster27 Ive been playing Psycho Murderers a RTD/Mafia game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:24:48 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2014, 08:47:53 am »

No editing please. Double posting is totally fine here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2014, 10:39:10 am »

GayArchaea For me being scum, cold and calculating, watch the dominos fall from panic and anxiety. How about you, and were you expecting me to confess something? Yes, I did it, I ate the last sweetroll. Also, if it's anything like Psycho Murderers, the big guy with a oil barrel will light himself on fire and literally break the game.
personally I'd be somewhat reckless in order to try to blend in better. I also wasn't trying for a confession, The questions here might help us later on.

Unvote.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2014, 12:56:05 pm »

So will we end up lynching anyone after all? It looks like there is no consensus at the moment.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2014, 01:17:17 pm »

We probably will end up lynching someone, either as a random lynch near the end of the day or because we think someone is scummy.

Just because we haven't all voted for someone yet doesn't mean we aren't going to try and lynch.

Unfortunately not much discussion is going on, and that won't help. As such...

Eyja: Why haven't you posted yet?

4mask + TDS: Any IC advice to give at the moment?

Salsacookies: What would you say is the most important scumtell to look for?

Illgeo: Do you plan to be more active in this game than BM48? How do you think to best go about doing this?

Scripten + GayArchaea: Since I can't think of any questions to ask you two, do you have any for me?

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2014, 01:36:59 pm »

Well then, Worldmaster27: Assuming you're a mafia goon, and there are five townies left, who would you kill in the night: the one you suspect to be the cop, the one you suspect to be the jailkeeper, the one who is rather suspicious of you, the one who somehow managed to not get lynched, or the one who (foolishly) believes you're town? 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18