Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interactions, syndromes, weather and worldgen  (Read 853 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interactions, syndromes, weather and worldgen
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:43:24 am »

Does anyone know if interactions, syndromes and weather function during worldgen?

I have an idea for a civ that involves a worldwide effect periodically occurring (weather based) but I don't know if this would affect them in worldgen or not and I'm also unsure as to whether this would hurt fps when it occurs during gameplay.

The desired effect would be that every member of the civ race is hit by a resurrection weather effect from time to time, but I have no idea what those do in worldgen.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Interactions, syndromes, weather and worldgen
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:59:47 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't think these types of interaction fire in world gen. Historical figures placed in evil regions with reanimation interactions can be/are reanimated critters, but I think that's about it for regional interactions. I tried something similar with a modded race of mine to give them minor "marks", but those never manifested either.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Interactions, syndromes, weather and worldgen
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:51:54 am »

You could have a universal weather interaction that only effects that race. I'm not sure how that would play out in world gen, if it would activate at all, but that's the best way of doing it. That way only that race is affected (and its harmless for everything else) and can be set to happen everywhere.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.