Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About drawbridges  (Read 446 times)

paladin225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
About drawbridges
« on: October 04, 2014, 12:47:09 pm »

If I have a large bridge that raises up in a certain direction, in an underground tunnel... and a narrow channel dug out right next to the bridge (with a wall on the other side of the channel).  Will that bridge dump any enemies on it into the channel/pit next to it when it's raised?

I thought that would work but I read somewhere on the DF wiki today that drawbridges only fling enemies straight up? Not in horizontal directions? 

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: About drawbridges
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:48:24 pm »

If I have a large bridge that raises up in a certain direction, in an underground tunnel... and a narrow channel dug out right next to the bridge (with a wall on the other side of the channel).  Will that bridge dump any enemies on it into the channel/pit next to it when it's raised?

I thought that would work but I read somewhere on the DF wiki today that drawbridges only fling enemies straight up? Not in horizontal directions? 
It should work, but be aware they fling creatures in a random direction with horizontal velocity.  Some may get flung 'inside' or 'outside' the bridged area
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:50:03 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

paladin225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:05:11 pm »

It should work, but be aware they fling creatures in a random direction with horizontal velocity.  Some may get flung 'inside' or 'outside' the bridged area

So... are retractable bridges with pits underneath more reliable for dropping enemies into pits?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »

So... are retractable bridges with pits underneath more reliable for dropping enemies into pits?
Yes, but allows things to shoot or fly over.  Make a second, retracting bridge behind it if you want.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!