Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I allow in more players/ characters?

Yes players, yes characters (max 2 chars)
- 0 (0%)
yes players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, yes characters
- 0 (0%)
no players, no characters
- 0 (0%)
(write in)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 20, 2014, 09:42:29 pm

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 109

Author Topic: RWBY RP OOC: RIP Monty Oum (Combat Adjusted)  (Read 126650 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY RP OOC: It Begins 13/12
« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

The Ua Scathach are a clan of nomadic Huntresses who tend towards the use of Dust-infused clothing as their weapons and the practice of Dust manipulation, as well as unconfirmed rumors of what seems to be 'true' magic- hexes, curses and the like. Maeve is the only daughter of the main branch of the Ua Scathach, and thus grew up learning the ways of her clan, including the infusing of Dust into oneself and clothing. She was sent to live with close relatives of the Ua Scathach, the Ua Duibhne, to attend a Huntress school for several years, before returning to her clan for two years and then heading to Bulwark.
This okay for background?

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

What?
wat
wht?
The Ua Scathach are a clan of nomadic Huntresses who tend towards the use of Dust-infused clothing as their weapons and the practice of Dust manipulation, as well as unconfirmed rumors of what seems to be 'true' magic- hexes, curses and the like. Maeve is the only daughter of the main branch of the Ua Scathach, and thus grew up learning the ways of her clan, including the infusing of Dust into oneself and clothing. She was sent to live with close relatives of the Ua Scathach, the Ua Duibhne, to attend a Huntress school for several years, before returning to her clan for two years and then heading to Bulwark.
This okay for background?
Cool beans.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »

If we're giving out backstory, why not:
Chartre comes from the Alcole family, a well-known vintner family on the southern coast of Atlas, known for the quality of their liquor. The vintner tradition is usually passed on from father to son through the generations.

While his father is a vintner, Chartre's mother (Blava Alcole, née Oceà) is a Huntress who very frequently took missions and patrols along the area the Alcoles are based at, and after knowing the Alcoles for years due to this, ended up falling in love with Chartre's father (Rouge-Eau Alcole) and married him.

Chartre would have been a vintner, but his awful inability to hold his alcohol pretty much drove a stake through that. So he ended up in the path of a Hunter, his mother personally homeschooling him through the training he would need to become a Hunter.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »

...So... for the last 3 days the game thread has gone slowly... I come back after being offline for a day and the thread nearly doubles... do I need to read it all? I will regardless, but do I need to RIGHT this minute?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2014, 09:53:01 pm »

Basically your group and Indigo's group and they decided to go to the school together.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2014, 09:53:12 pm »

Not really there was a run in with the Ponzini girls Nickel and Dime, you now have a team of four.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2014, 10:12:01 pm »

Is it physically impossible to kill the red ones without a tea, of four, like... I could spray red dust-liquid at one and it wouldn't blow up?

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »

You can try, but I can guarantee that it won't be good.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »

Chartre and Ceil should totally team up with Carran and Cordo!
We could have team CCCC!
(Or, for that matter, Team CHOC!)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2014, 12:01:51 am »

My input matters a lot less, rpg, but I have a little bit of a problem with your second semblance idea: Since it involves consciousness-shifting from one version of events to another, it sort of assumes that Amber is always in "focus" and our characters are simply the (minorly) alternate reality versions of them, otherwise either Amber would basically have disappeared or nothing would have happened, from our perspectives.

...and for a much simpler reason: even minor, IC retcons can get real messy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it would be difficult. The second one is mostly supposed to be enemies, but could also just work for if someone wanted to change their action basically, or effectively to allow retcons with an IC reason for it. It's less that Amber's in focus(at least to me view of it, since it's not exactly the easiest thing to describe), and more like she's shifting the other reality into this one. Sometimes, other people can notice how everything changed, but most people just shrug it off as Deja Vu or mental vertigo or the like.

The first one involves seeing a short ways into the future, and seeing Truth, which can also be awkward.

I don't really mind either way, though. The first one would probably be easier over all, and make it so Amber was less of a 'look at me and my even special-er snowflake character'.

Also, Amber's backstory is basically that she's from a really rich family(stupendously so, not just mildly rich; like, Oil Tycoon Monopoly levels of rich), but they didn't get there by being nice, and they're worried Amber doesn't have the right stuff to keep up the family fortune. So, Hunter/ress School.

Also she's really good with her weapon and it's really high quality. Which is why the whole 50 Weapon Skill thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2014, 04:30:39 am »

Chartre and Ceil should totally team up with Carran and Cordo!
We could have team CCCC!
(Or, for that matter, Team CHOC!)
I like this idea a lot.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

So the teams thus far for my personal notes.

Lloyd, Indigo, Maeve and Emeril

Braith, Raven, Nickel, Dime

Cordo and Carran

Justine and Aurum

Chartre and Ciel

Amber and Slate

The groups of two might want to pick their groups soon.  The bots are about to be triggered to attack. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:47:35 pm by MrVoid »

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »

* Atnegam giggles

Heh, team LIME

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »

OREOSOME, whoever plays Carran, you cool with team CCCC happening?

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »

Holy shit. I relax two days and there's 19 pages...

I'll just hold my post for now, because I am really confused. Feel free to speak to Justine though, I'm just too confused to take the initiative (I posted an action like 7 pages ago, but I can't find if it took effect or not)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 109