Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 179657 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »

"Look. Can we just drag this person over there, put her in this pit, and kill her and get this over with? I don't want to spend more time around the heat demon than I have to."
Yeah, I'm with this. Let's get on with it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »

"Tek has heard... interesting things about amps and manipulators.  Even if the implant does not malfunction, the ritual may not succeed if the host is beheaded before it is finished.

Nevertheless, Tek agrees to this plan.  He is ready to go."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:30:50 pm by Nunzillor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2014, 02:53:54 pm »

Kai looks up from making notes long enough to speak.

R-ready when everyone else is.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »

"I have this big expensive cutting laser beam here, perfect for safe beheadment." 
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2014, 07:43:09 pm »

"It'll be good for one last little hot neck rub to say goodbye to the bitch when we're done. I've got my laser as well. Anyway, we've got plenty of crap to keep her hot, chop her up, or pull bits off her. We can use 'em on any pricks that try and stop us on the way there too, for practice, like. So, let's stop dicking around and get her to this hole, do some mumbo-jumbo, and chop her bloody head off. I'm good to go."
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2014, 08:02:57 pm »

"I've got the biggest laser here  :D"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2014, 10:40:48 pm »

"Well done lad. But mine keeps going all night long. This lady might want more than a few minutes worth."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:57:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2014, 11:16:34 pm »

"Well I can just mount it to the pawn stand and do that but otherwise I am good to go so lets do this thing"
ready up
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:30 am »

"Then we move out, and not talk about things that'll encourage the boss to vent our section into space."

Ready to go.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »

(Hint: The crystal solution only crystallizes when subjected to electrical current. )

Execute plan as before, but utilize suit's power supply as a source of electric current to obtain crystals as step 4 instead of what's already there. Use about five rounds' worth of crystal solution for initial batch of crystals, then move on to more if necessary.

Also, be very careful in performing previous steps. That is to say, if any of the steps involve Aux rolls, step off and abandon the plan, and trade with moss and rifle parts instead.

Then move out.

Yeah, thats gonna need rolls so...

Wait, what were we even trading for?

"Very well then.  It seems that our task will begin in earnest shortly.  Tek reminds all to  stay out of the shadows and to be prepared for trickery on the part of our captive."

Tek, making sure to stay far away from all shadows, follows the host from behind while keeping a "safe" distance from her.  As the group begins to follow its guide, he keeps a close eye on their surroundings while focusing his will ((dynamic will bonus)).
You stay well back from the lady but keep with the group.

As Steve asks who'll take the rope/leash, Gorat considers who he would want with that duty. There aren't many choices, he finds. "That'll be me", he announces, "since I should be able to use my weapons and keep the rope if it should become necessary."

Take the rope.

You take the rope and notice, grimly, that it's smoldering and smoking a little. You're sure thats fine. Yeah.

((Dern got a nice shiny new seperate digital thermometer from the AM, specifically so he could do the following/previous/ whatever. Also, is that 40-70*f or 40-70*C? Important difference.))
Get a broom handle or similar and duct tape the thermometer probe to the end. Use this to take readings without going near enough for accidental contact/slow roasting. Don't poke her with it.
You find a long stick to turn into a high tech thermo-probe instrument via the addition of duct tape and a thermo-probe. The temp very near her is up around 180-200.

It's in F. Piecewise, despite accepting the utility and ease of the metric system, is still far more familiar with the Imperial one.

I'm glad all those hours spent learning how to make notes is coming in handy.

Continue making notes. Notes! Notes Everywhere! For !!Science!!

Also follow the group.

Notes about? Writing shit down is like the one action you can actually personally do in this format, what do ya want to write down?

Well damn, guess I gotta stick it out. I'm not taking that fucking leash.

Stay to the right of the woman in case I need to deliver a super right hook to her face if/when she goes crazy. And keep far enough away that I might stay a little cooler than boiling.

Get a feel for the situation and keep an eye out for ne'er-do-wells that aren't us.

You hang off to the right, staying close enough to be very uncomfortable, but not dead, ready to deliver a well placed haymaker, should the situation call for it. 

The situation is currently that you are going to be walking through a town that is probably deathly afraid of all of you and your cargo and then out into the desert.

So, the generator. Enough to power some cutting lasers? I'm trying to make a gatling laser cannon.
Meet up with the main group, set the raduga to wide angle microwave.

The generator is about powerful enough to power a single laser rifle. It's a big electric generator sold in the desert boonies. It's not exactly high power and top tier tech.

Take off balaclava and put away, put visor up on suit, and follow closely enough to the woman that should it get cold Vincent can quickly heat her up with the heat gun, but no no closer than that "Don't get infected, got it..."
You follow along behind the woman with your heat gun set to "Toasty" and trained on the area between her shoulder blades.
Follow the group towards the edges, keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary/the host escaping.
Man, everyone is following the group on the edges. This group has no center! It's all edges!

Sambo mutters under his breath, but still over open coms:

"Fuck! I didn't even like that cunt. Well, rope-boy's safe for now."

Sambo follows along with the group, pointing his "toast-setting'd" laser rifle at the captive woman from 30' away, trying to keep people out of the firing line if he has to turn it up (but not Tek. He's fine with it).
Not even edges, this group is all back edge.

> Take her.

((Reading up x_x))
Too late, Hot plate. But we'll have you stay up near the front with Gorat.

Quote from: @Steve
I can borrow it the problem is that there are issues of getting teammates to cooperate and to do so quickly can you at least give me direct orders to investigate?
ask

>Hey, if this guy asks for something to cut with, give it to him. Ok?

"Hrmm. Fine by me. I'll try not to sit on it."

Follow the group and keep a close eye out for anything that looks like trouble.

Trouble? The entire situation looks like trouble. Your massive posse looks like trouble. The Woman looks like trouble. Nav's stolen goods look like trouble. That glint on the roof top looks like....wait...

Follow others whenever we finally get this show on the loosely defined path we are supposed to follow to the pit. Intuitively scan for danger.
You feel that there is something wrong here. All signs point to bad days.

"Which is where our amps will come in, if we do decide to try and save her. We can use them at a distance. They are the best option not only to kill her from a save distance, but to kill her in a revivable way.

Test. Are the ghosts back?

Attempting to talk to the ghosts nets you another painful blast of mental static.

Morul notices something glinting from a nearby rooftop just in time for his shout to be drowned out by a gunshot. A metal slug glaces off the top of Dubley's helmet with a ringing PING! and the group promptly makes a hasty retreat from the city before more silliness can ensue.

The guide leads the group out of the city and into the desert for close to 3 hours without a single incident. The woman stays nice and docile, the team doesn't murder anyone, including itself, and only a few laws of common decency are violated. Eventually they reach a large stone pillar standing in the middle of an otherwise empty desert. It looks like it was originally part of some larger structure, a ruin more then a real path marker, the carved designs of its surface partially sanded away by long exposure to the gritty winds. The guide indicates the pillar with some hand gestures, and then points off into the distance, to where another structure can be seen, just barely, sitting on the mirage dappled horizon. Judging from the sun, it appears to be late afternoon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2014, 12:13:46 pm »

Look at the guide, then touch the pillar with one finger.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2014, 12:18:44 pm »

Set up for the night?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 13, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »

Yeah, thats gonna need rolls so...

Wait, what were we even trading for?

((Never mind.))

Since the suit is not really isolating heat from the woman, try to lift the faceplate, open up the suit's face. Does the level of heat change in any way?

In any case, have a bluesmoke. Have several, and listen to the sounds of the night, seeking insight on matters all around me, including the Eater of Cold if I find the time to think about it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2014, 02:12:06 pm »

Identify laws of common decency that we've violated so far, follow group/help set up if that is the group's choice.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2014, 02:18:07 pm »

Gorat radio's Steve. "Sir, do you know the background of the attack back in town?"

Ask.

Set up for the night?
"We should be able to make some more distance before the sun goes down. Perhaps not to the next pillar, but I doubt it makes any difference. The earlier we are at that pit, the better."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 89