Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Genera Spark: D&D 3.5 Time-Travelling-Centric Campaign  (Read 7137 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Genera Spark: D&D 3.5 Time-Travelling-Centric Campaign
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:13:16 pm »

High adventure in a fantastical past... and future.

Continuing on stuff I mentioned like a week ago in the WTF thread, this campaign is the result of playing waaaaaay too much Chrono Trigger and having the godforsaken idea of adapting the general setting concept (time travel stuff in a fantasy setting, bluntly) to D&D.

Let me just make something clear: I AM NOT STEALING THE GAME WHOLESALE. I HAVE MADE MY OWN SETTING, POPULATED IT WITH MY OWN CHARACTERS, AND MADE MY OWN STORYLINE. I DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO RIP IT OFF EITHER. DO NOT BUILD CHARACTERS OFF OF SOURCE MATERIAL CONCEPTS OR YOU WILL BE CRUSHED WITH THE MIGHT OF THE ELDRITCH GOD CALLED "DUN'JUN MASTAAR".

Thank you! I should mention that you do not need to have played the original game to play this. In fact, basically the only thing I was truly adapting was flavor and concept.

Quote from: Rules for EVERYTHING
1. Play by post, of course.
2. Myth-Weavers for sheets. Or not. Your pick.
3. Having recently grown fond of DnDtools, I am not going to try to be all strict about character creation. However, let me make the character rules clear:
-28 point buy
-If you want a tier 1 class, talk to me about it. I'm not outright banning them, see, but I am restricting them.
-Up to 2 flaws and 2 traits.
-Everybody gets a free 200 gold to spend at the start instead of usual stuff.
-All characters start with a quarterstaff or 2 daggers and regular clothing; you may not start the game with a better weapon, but you may purchase one at the Renaissance fair you're at. Yes, it's a Renaissance fair. I'll explain later.
-I want a backstory. It can be three sentences or a flowery soliloquy with undertones on the horrors of the universe. I don't care what it is, as long as it doesn't take up more space than the rest of your sheet. Your character is autorejected if your backstory is cliché as hell.
-Oh, and your character has to have some kind of reason embedded within them to go run off looking for treasure. It's a plot point early on.
Spoiler: Obligatory homebrew (click to show/hide)

That was beefy.

Anyway, setting:
It is Vustisef, the Festival Day, of the year 1576 AZ in the world of Genera. In the year now known as 0, the kingdom of Lysia took hold in the world and established order on the continent. They began to keep track of history in an organized manner, and the other lands of Alanum, Corcia, and Alarta followed their lead. In the major port Maerda, on the south side of Lysia, today is a very special day indeed. Today is the first year that King Coré has declared a year of the Renaissance, an obscure term from an archaic dialect of Alarta, meaning "rebirth"; that is, the country is prosperous once more, as prosperous as it had been in the Golden Age over a thousand years ago. He has decreed the day the Renaissance Fair in honor of this, and you six have attended the fair to experience this once-in-a-lifetime event.

Spoiler: Calender (click to show/hide)

Players
Vorthon
tryrar
Arcvasti
Kansa
ggamer (unfinished)
Kassire
Waitlist
-none-
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:34:48 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genera Spark: D&D 3.5 Time-Travelling-Centric Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

sounds interesting. I might go for a dragonfire adept or some other blasty type
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »

Heheh. Watching to post.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:26:20 pm »

Never played DnD before.
Played Chrono Trigger twice.
It joining this an option?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:26:57 pm »

Would it be ok if I reserved a spot for this?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

Never played DnD before.
Played Chrono Trigger twice.
It joining this an option?
Verily!
Would it be ok if I reserved a spot for this?
Verily!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »

Working on char sheet right now(Note, I was briefly tempted to go Duskblade for a Crono clone, but figured I would get meteor'd instantly :P)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 06:30:17 pm »

Credit should go where credit is due: I stole those rules from Remuthra, who stole them from Wrex.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 06:30:49 pm »

Alright, if no experience means I can still play, colour me interested

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »

Credit should go where credit is due: I stole those rules from Remuthra, who stole them from Wrex.
Acknowledged.
Alright, if no experience means I can still play, colour me interested
'k.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:44 pm »

blargh, I want to play something other than a bog standard dwarf, but I have no real knowledge of any other +con race. Any tips?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 06:50:31 pm »

Gnome, maybe?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:35 pm »

Half dragon.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 06:52:30 pm »

I was thinking that, actually. I'm also wondering with all the spell-likes the gnomes get how it is even a +0 LA race in the first place.

Also, isn't Half-dragon too high an LA for our start, or are we not starting at level 1?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »

Level 1, although I forgot to mention standard tier-related LA procedures. What's a half-dragon's LA?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6