Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we update to a new DF version?

Never!
- 1 (9.1%)
Update to DF 0.40.15 when Dwarf Therapist is available.
- 8 (72.7%)
Never mind DF 0.40.15, but maybe update later.
- 2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Shadow empires  (Read 19275 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow empires
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 12:41:02 pm »

We should all use ascii, Number1 tileset.
You're slightly too late to suggest that, but I can do you an ascii save file for the start.

OK, pisskop, here is your save file:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9834

Your mission is to build up equipment and resources useful for an adventurer while keeping your fortress* alive for 1 and a half years. You have one real week to do this. If your fortress falls, you fail this round but can try again next fortress building round. Let us know how it goes. :)

* Your fortress should have The Cooperative Castle as its home civilization.

[EDIT] Second post of thread updated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:05:15 pm by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »

I claim The North Works in the name of "Clan MacDuff" (We're the REAL DEAL, laddie!)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 02:29:36 am »

I claim The North Works in the name of "Clan MacDuff" (We're the REAL DEAL, laddie!)

You got it!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »

Aye!  Very dwarfy, that!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2014, 03:35:30 am »

Pisskop, are you skipping your turn?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2014, 06:06:38 am »

Oh, are we ready to go?

---

Ahh, I missed the edit for the savefile :/ So, for clarification,

I make fort within 5 worldtiles (as opposed to region tiles.
I makes shinies for my own adventuerer
I dont have to worry about raiders.
I take over dwarven site using said shinies.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 06:08:39 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2014, 06:17:30 am »

Oh, are we ready to go?

---

Ahh, I missed the edit for the savefile :/ So, for clarification,
Ouch. I did send you a pm, but I guess you missed that too.

[EDIT]Crap! I thought I sent you a pm, but it isn't in my sent items folder. :( Sorry.
[EDITx2] Ah, it seems I accidentally sent you an EMAIL instead of a MESSAGE. It probably went straight to spam.

I've given you an extension to the 12th October. :)

I make fort within 5 worldtiles (as opposed to region tiles.
I makes shinies for my own adventuerer
I dont have to worry about raiders.
I take over dwarven site using said shinies.

No, yes, sorta and not yet.

Your fortress needs to be at least 5 world tiles from any other player fortresses. Which means nothing to you, because there are no other player fortresses.

I don't think other players should be allowed to **** up your fortress, but I think it's more interesting to play with
[INVADERS:YES]
if that's what you meant.

Everybody get 1 and a half game years, in turn, to make their shinies in their fortress. Then everybody starts from the same save file and makes an adventurer who tries to take over as many dwarven sites as possible. By 'take over a site' I mean you get the pop up in adventurer mode that tells you you now control the site, and not lose it later. Your reign of terror should be clearly seen in legends mode after you finish. :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:13:07 am by ptb_ptb »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 07:54:56 am »

omg I found a savage tropical jungle / savage tropical hills / terrifying tropical ocean / minor river embark! squeee~

I wont take it, of course, but its . . . it has shallow metal and shallow metals, flux, and deep metals.  and not too bad with the coastline too.  Sometimes the amount of sand on the shore is ridiculous.

drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2014, 08:02:38 am »

Dooo iiiit. :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2014, 10:14:08 am »

I am dissappoint.  I not only found out the undead arent the native lifeforms, but I also seem to have found a way around the aquifer.  Or it was never there an I misread the hills biome.

Was a cloud though, that almost engulfed my wagon.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »

Hey ho, boys and girls.

Just hit the first of summer.  I lost one dog and another is maimed.  No clue what the cloud does, and I pierced the caverns, although I have no official path to them yet.  Inside . . . funtimes . . . I think.  I have a hero croc, or think I do.  He murderated a tribe of amphibian men with relatively small injuries.  A second tribe took refuge in a mushroom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in world news, look at the most populated civ on Earth!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yup, a very vertical goblin civ named The Ultimate Sin boosts the largest population.  Led by Moistenlords the Bottom of Slugs, they have achieved true parody!

---

So of this game turns out well I would be interested in a 'raiding game' where we build forts for the purpose of killing other people's adventurers.  We would be required to produce a certain amount or quality of goods (maybe one kind for the purpose of judging wealth) and guard it either with abandoned forts or retired forts (I would consider replacing ll civs with dwarves of varying ethics)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:22:04 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 03:19:41 pm »

I lost one dog and another is maimed.  No clue what the cloud does
I think you just found your test subject...
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »

Thanks for the update, pisskop, keep us posted. :)

So of this game turns out well I would be interested in a 'raiding game' where we build forts for the purpose of killing other people's adventurers.

I had a somewhat similar idea with monsters instead of / as well as treasure.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143350.msg5633402#msg5633402

It didn't spark enough interest that time, but maybe your idea will have better luck.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:39 pm »

a 'raiding game' where we build forts for the purpose of killing other people's adventurers.  We would be required to produce a certain amount or quality of goods (maybe one kind for the purpose of judging wealth) and guard it either with abandoned forts or retired forts (I would consider replacing ll civs with dwarves of varying ethics)

I was just considering this.  Replace every other race with dwarves, but substitute the original race's biome start/tolerates and ethics the same as they were - it would make "fortress mode" more varied to say the least, as well as keep you on your toes when you try to trade wooden gear to the Forest Dwarves.

In adventure mode, the Forest Dwarves ability to be "friendly to animals" might come in handy if assaulting another civ's war-animal heavy sites...  yeah, this could be fun.

One idea is to set it up to "count coup" rather than killing the other adventurers - knock them out and remove an ear or a finger, an eye, ect... as a trophy but leave them alive.  Heroes could carry around grisly trophies in their bags of previously defeated enemies.  The champion who has trophies from the most number of other champions has the "highest glory".  (Should make for some interesting stories of revenge and ongoing feuding.)

Oooh... Only one 'species' of dwarf (or maybe two if you count kobold-dwarves) would be trapavoid... OK, that's seriously gonna be some fun.  (putters off to change the RAWS in a copy of 40.13...)

Update:

hmmm...  looks like multiple species titled "DWARF" confuses the game into crashing.  Looks like I'll just have to make all the civs different races but "civ_controllable" instead... (I think there's a mod for that already...)

... got distracted by the "ooo shiney" of making a 3D map of my Nat History Museum.  How's things coming along, pisskop?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:04:14 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:24 pm »

Good ideas, Bob.

Autumn, and the magma forges/smelters are up.  The problem is now that of resources.  We apparently did not plan to find nothing but a few chunks of galena.  We were to be swimming in copper or iron by now!

We accidentally busted into a downward passage, of all things), and a reacher decided to climb up and play with a miner.  When the miner played back it turned into a vomit-fest, but ultimately my budding military arrived to find the unconscious miner victorious.

---

So yea, between adventure mood and this Im noticing that creatures do collapse from bruises and scraps.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:39:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11