Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: What made you absolutely cringe today  (Read 14986 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: What made you absolutely cringe today
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2016, 11:28:07 pm »

Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 06:51:41 am »

It's a programmer thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2016, 07:54:16 am »

It's worth noting that a real nerd uses the most efficient tools at his disposal, which is basically never assembler code.
How is assembly not the most efficient? It's just a direct textual representation of machine code.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »

It's worth noting that a real nerd uses the most efficient tools at his disposal, which is basically never assembler code.
How is assembly not the most efficient? It's just a direct textual representation of machine code.
Different valuations of efficiency. In this case the purpose was to transmit information from one human to another, making it markedly less efficient than just typing the sentence. Unless you're trying to suggest that Yoink is actually a robot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2016, 04:33:31 pm »

Different valuations of efficiency. In this case the purpose was to transmit information from one human to another, making it markedly less efficient than just typing the sentence. Unless you're trying to suggest that Yoink is actually a robot.

He can probably just read the vertical letters though. No need to find some way to run it, it's basically just a sentence with extra parsley.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2016, 04:34:42 pm »

He can probably just read the vertical letters though. No need to find some way to run it, it's basically just a sentence with extra parsley.
And that makes it inefficient.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2016, 04:41:09 pm »

And that makes it inefficient.
Exactly!
Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »

Only if you're one of the suckers who doesn't eat the free parsley.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:09 pm »

What if you extract loads of subtext and contextual information from the parsley? Certainly more efficient than actually listening!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2016, 06:21:13 pm »

I too would like to see this Nexus-related imgur album created.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2016, 09:25:30 pm »

The conversation next to me on campus rn

I mean there's discussing your sex life and then there's listing off people that you've had a fling with, in a public space with Lord knows who around, namely me like five feet away from the center of the conversation

And I don't even know what's going on now but there's pictures being exchanged

It's amusing but also kinda cringey. Music is going back on now
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2016, 09:30:26 pm »

Yup.  Cringey all right.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2016, 06:15:27 am »

Hey, parsley is tasty.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2016, 09:48:13 pm »

In every single one of my classes, there's always at least one person (usually two) sitting next to me who is constantly shaking their leg. It's extremely irritating and distracting. Logic tells me it's probably just random chance and negativity bias, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm one of only an elite few that can manage to keep their limbs still for prolonged periods of time. I'm guessing they all drive to school then drink caffeinated beverages, or something.

I sit in the front row, so that somewhat limits my sample size of visible people. If I sat further back, I'd have to see even more people fidgeting.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:56:14 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »

i shake my leg all the time

some people just do that more often than others, no reason to blame it on their actions and act all superior by posting in the cringe thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10