Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 289725 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread, OP UPDATED, PLEASE READ)
« Reply #2040 on: October 23, 2014, 12:52:20 pm »

(If we're going with 1 TES unit = 1lbs, then these weapons would all be a bit impractical. For reference, an IRL sledgehammer is usually 8lbs, large swords around 7lbs, most other swords 2-5lbs. If you could lift it, you could still kill stuff with it, but it you'd be slow to strike, lack control, and take longer to recover from swings.)

"Are they one-handed axes? Should be a bit less unwieldly than this hatchet, unless they somehow weigh even more. Still, probably valuable, if we could think of a way to haul them."

(Love know no bounds!)

"Yeah, might as well."
(Are you the kind of person to get bored during long speeches?)
The pews are cushioned with a combination of pelts, foam slabs, and velvet, arranged in a pattern so as not to look so haphazard. A sufficiently tired person might be worried about falling asleep on them if sitting for any length of time. As soon as the others get seated, the red-haired man begins his service.
"Friends, we've all been through a lot this past week. Greg lost his house to the mutant. Malcolm's still recovering from that potion. But we've all found the strength to come together, as always, and it's together that we'll pull through..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 23, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »

(If we're going with 1 TES unit = 1lbs, then these weapons would all be a bit impractical. For reference, an IRL sledgehammer is usually 8lbs, large swords around 7lbs, most other swords 2-5lbs. If you could lift it, you could still kill stuff with it, but it you'd be slow to strike, lack control, and take longer to recover from swings.)

(So, put it at a 2:1 TES-Lb ratio, after remodeling?  It could shift the ranges down by about 5 (would still put him at -3, though))
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:42 pm »

((Not unless it's early.))

Kyle listens with rapt attention.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 23, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »

(So, put it at a 2:1 TES-Lb ratio, after remodeling?  It could shift the ranges down by about 5 (would still put him at -3, though))
(Yeah, sounds good. Greatsword still requires some upper body strength (though not a whole lot) to control well, so makes sense.)
"Wait, Zanz, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to toss weapons down from that high up."

((Not unless it's early.))

Kyle listens with rapt attention.
The preacher reads a few passages relating to strength in numbers and fellowship, and after finishing (and the congregation says their requisite "amen"), he returns to other talk. "Now, as some of you might already have heard, the town council is thinking of putting together and expeditionary force to liberate some food from the Mirham Banquet to alleviate the recent shortage. At the end of the service, you may find the baskets in the back. I'm sure we can all help this cause in some way with our donations..."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 23, 2014, 01:34:03 pm »

Now that I've thought about it can I have a axe instead? I probably won't be able to do much with the Greatsword.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »

HugoLuman looked around for the blue portal gun, having lost track of it when he started chopping the wires. (15) He sees it near the elevator, and picks it up in his other hand. "Hey, if we used portals, Zanz could pass us the weapons instead of tossing them down 50ft."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:15 pm »

That's probably a good idea. Zanzetkuken could use the portal to join us down here too.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 23, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »

Arcvasti looks up from his contemplation of his wrist device, after selecting the passive Improved Natural Healing.

**Actually, I have an idea...**

Arcvasti rummages around in his jacket, eventually finding a loonie.

**This'll do. A die would really work better, but this works.**

Arcvasti puts the coin in an easily accessible pocket and then joins the rest of them in the elevator
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:51:18 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 23, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »

Kyle makes a 'hm' noise and briefly looks at where the baskets would be before returning his attention to the service again.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

((Future!Hugo was already in the elevator being healed.....))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 23, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

((Future!Hugo was already in the elevator being healed.....))

[[Fixed. >_< Non-observance.]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 23, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »

((Technically I'm just working on stabilizing him, it's not energy efficient to fully heal without a human corpse or two to use as material~))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:18 pm »

((I kind of thought that encumbrance was how easy/hard it is to carry, not its weight. Like, it's easy to carry a couple of small bottles (potions), but not several-foot-long swords.))

To Hugo, SB says, "Yeah. For Autopilot, it says.. 'You lose manual control of your body. For fifteen seconds you are completely autonomous and can successfully make any attack in that timeframe. Five room cooldown.' Well, damn.
Advanced Reflexes says 'Your reflexes are improved in times of peril. When an enemy is about to land a mortal blow, time slows down in your perception, allowing you to dodge it. Any stealth bonuses the enemy possesses cancels out this ability.'"
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »

((I like how Arc and SB haven't noticed that Future!Hugo's skin is wriggling yet~))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 23, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »

I wonder what will the next room be like?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 427