Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Reminder: If you're comfortable with it, approximate height and weight would be good info for the character sheet
- 6 (42.9%)
Handy link to Character sheet!
- 2 (14.3%)
Handy link to map!
- 1 (7.1%)
Tropes page as well, why not.
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 427

Author Topic: If Forumites Were Stuck in an RPG (2nd thread. REBOOT COMMENCED)  (Read 290798 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Alright.)
(GentlemanRaptor, now would be a good time to make your move. All those active in your group seem ready, and the others (Fniff mostly) can probably be assumed to follow you and rejoin when they're ready.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

(Going to make the post tommorrow.  It's currently storming, so my computer is off, and my backup devices are not real good  for making long posts.)

[[Suspense intensifies]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Zanzetkuken arrives at the Cathedral.  She manages to make it to the floor when the memories of the event finally force her to her knees.  She silently weeps as the memory continues to reply, the pain feeling all too real.

After a time, a hand touches her back.  She recoils and notices that it was the hand of a cultist.  The cultist moves to grab her wrist to steady her, but winds up revealing the mark.  The robed figure lets out a shout, and twenty surround her.  She notices that most appear to have the gauntlets, just as two of them restrain her from behind.  She begins to struggle as one of them draws a dagger, and begins its approach.  It plunges the dagger directly towards her heart, and that is where she blacks out.  If she had stayed conscious, she would have noticed the mark glow just a little, and her device stated in text, 'Level Equivalency: 15'...

For ease, the being that awoke will be referred to by the same name as the 'host', as it were.  Technically it was a part of her, but the personality is so drastically different that it would be more apt to think of them as two different beings.

This Zanzetkuken moved quickly, as the dagger was fast approaching her heart.  She activated the first of the actives granted in this state that she was to use, Draconic Strength, which allowed her to throw the cultist restraining her left into the path of the dagger.  This caused that cultist to release her hand, so she then summoned an aura of a draconic claw around her left hand using another active to use it to tear out the throat of the one restraining her right side.  After that one's grip loosened, she spun and decapitated the other with her hand blade extended.

She noticed one of the cultists had picked up her M1, and, after narrowly dodging a few cast spells, she stabbed the being in the throat with her blade and tore the rifle from its grasp.  Drawing it to the firing position, she used another of the abilities, Draconic Sight, to modify her eyes for the shots, and rapidly emptied the clip into the skulls of eight of the cultists.  Discarding the empty weapon and cursing having missed seven of the shots, whose ricochets did not even score a single kill, she uppercutted another with her right hand, blade extended, before spinning and cutting open the throat of another.  She raked the aural claws deeply across the chest of another, and rolled under the blade of another one of the cultists.  During the roll, she sliced its leg with her claws, and made a stab through its back so forcefully, her fist broke through its skin.

Five were left, all at a fair distance.  She took the dagger off of one of the corpse of the cultist she just killed, and threw the dagger directly into the eye of the nearest one.  She kicked the dagger into the cultists skull up to the pommel as she used it to leap at two of them, gripping their heads and slamming them into the ground with such force their skulls caved in.  Another was dispatched with a rapid stab with the hand blade, and there was only one left.

The last one was the same one who tried to stab her.  In order to avenge its comrades, it decided to charge.  Zanzetkuken rapidly dodged the blade, and twisted the arm of the cultist swiftly, and with such force as to have it torn clean off.  She tossed the arm away, made the cultist face her, grabbed its left shoulder with her right hand, and stabbed it through the chest with her aura clawed hand.  She then grasped the cultist's spine, and tore it clean from its body.  She tossed it aside and noted that all of the devices had disintegrated from around their arms in a manner similar to smoke.

She soon heard some beings coming through the chess room, and moved to look at the doorway.  They entered less than a second after she began turning her head, and, after noticing it was the others of her group, the actives went offline and she began to collapse to the floor,  unconsciousness.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**Oh, fuck!**

Arcvasti runs down the stairs, tripping down the last few and dropping his scepter. He picks himself up and rushes as quickly as he can to Zanz's side, feeling for a pulse.

**She's alive!**

Arcvasti looks around at the scattered corpses.

**Although these people weren't so lucky.**
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:27:20 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(These gauntlets they had are different from our wrist-things right?)

Why is there always a pile of dead cultists whenever she runs off on her own? He was right behind Arc on the way down. Seeing her in near the recent dead bodies, he suspected this had something to do with that mark, though he could think of no way to tell the others that Zanz had probably done this. He considered trying to draw attention to the ouroboros on her arm, but decided that would be a breach of trust. Though she really ought to tell them if this thing causes swarms of cultists to attack.

HugoLuman wasn't really used to having a decent sense of smell, much less a superhuman one, so all the info bombarding his brain felt pretty bizarre, but there was a slight odor coming from Zanzetkuken (and the cultists to a lesser extent) that stood out. He didn't know what it was in the slightest, but part of his brain was telling him he should be afraid.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:21:22 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

(Nope.)

He considered pulling up her sleeve to show the ouroboros, but decided that would be a breach of trust.

(If you look for it, it is already visible.  The guard of the hand blade that was hiding it had been moved out of the way, and never put back into a position where it would hide the mark.)

**Whatever did this might still be around. We'd best go back through the chess room and I'll lock the door from the inside.**

(You came in at the end, when I still had the claw aura online.  It's not a small thing that went around my finger tips, it was a large partially see-through manifestation that covered a whole arm.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Hm."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Nope.)

He considered pulling up her sleeve to show the ouroboros, but decided that would be a breach of trust.

(If you look for it, it is already visible.  The guard of the hand blade that was hiding it had been moved out of the way, and never put back into a position where it would hide the mark.)

**Whatever did this might still be around. We'd best go back through the chess room and I'll lock the door from the inside.**

(You came in at the end, when I still had the claw aura online.  It's not a small thing that went around my finger tips, it was a large partially see-through manifestation that covered a whole arm.)

[[Edited my post]].

Arcvasti turns back to the rest of the group.

***What the fuck is going on. Since when did Zanz get magical claws? Her class is SNIPER. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SNIPE PEOPLE WITH MAGICAL CLAWS? Seriously, TELL US THIS STUFF. There could have been a major incident because Hugo didn't mention him being a werewolf. And now this. NO MORE FUCKING ARBITRARY SECRETS FROM THE REST OF THE GROUP!***

Arcvasti pauses his rant to examine one of the bodies.

**At least they probably have some decent loot on them. Not that I'm touching them.**

Arcvasti looks like he's either going to erupt into another shouted rant or start throwing up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:41:19 pm by Arcvasti »
Spooky Signature

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

**G-Guys? The cultists. They've got wrist things. These were players. THESE WERE FUCKING PLAYERS. Trying to kill ZANZ. When she wakes up, she's going to have a METRIC FUCKTON of questions to answer.**

(Those disappeared before you came in.)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Arc."
Black lives matter.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

**G-Guys? The cultists. They've got wrist things. These were players. THESE WERE FUCKING PLAYERS. Trying to kill ZANZ. When she wakes up, she's going to have a METRIC FUCKTON of questions to answer.**

(Those disappeared before you came in.)

[[Edited.]]

Arcvasti looks up from the bodies.

***Yes?***
Spooky Signature

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Maybe we should save the bodies to bribe the next hungry tiger we meet?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

Minefield

GentlemanRaptor looks around and picks up his rifle.

"All right, you lot. Iton is stabilized, for the most part. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out that hallway. I thought I saw a door in there earlier, and maybe more of the ship than just the one corridor was pulled through. Having some serious future tech would go a long way to ensuring our survival."

The marine nods.

"Yeah, there is another door in that hall. Should lead into cargo storage. Seeing as how I'm stuck here with stumpy for the moment, I'd appreciate if you all could get some more advanced medical supplies so he can get combat effective again."
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile

McDonald picks himself up from the ground.

"Yeah, I suppose that's a good idea..."
I'm with stupid |
                      v

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Calm the fuck down."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 427