Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire dwarves versus Necromancer zombies?  (Read 1092 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Vampire dwarves versus Necromancer zombies?
« on: September 09, 2014, 10:58:11 pm »

I'm doing a vampire fortress, and I happen to have twelve towers in range. I doubt normal dwarves could last against this. But which curse is stronger: the zombies hardy body, raised strength and toughness, no pain or though, and reduced speed, versus the vampires doubled toughness, strength, agility, and no pain. Would 40 legendary vampire dwarves beat the dozens upon dozens of zombies?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire dwarves versus Necromancer zombies?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:59:31 pm »

How did you get 12 towers in range?

I'm lucky if I can get 2, and that's with secret_types set to 1000 on a huge world with 500 years history.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »

The glitch where towers spread like towns.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

That should be a feature.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:16 pm »

No no no no no!!! Necromancers are supposed to be reclusive, not a new civilization.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »

Vampires have [NOPAIN]?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 11:11:19 pm »

Reclusive doesn't necessarily mean anti-social. Why can't a community of Necromancers spring up along the south pole? Far away from society, but near enough to come over for tea and lunch now and then at my up and coming ice palace.

Also, what do I do with my captive necromancers? I've got like 3 in cages just sitting in a stockroom somewhere.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:22:17 pm »

Make bacon with them.

(i.e. drop one into a setup similar to a silk farm, then kill pigs in front of them. Then butcher the results.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 11:25:35 pm »

Infinite training fodder. Also, you have THREE?!? I had one, then in designing my training pit, I forgot they climbed. Yeah... He climbed up just behind my new corpse field after a goblin siege. A zombie filled moat for one necromancer, a zombie cavern cleaner for the second, infinite training room for another. Also, Necromancers hate other people.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 11:28:34 pm »

uh to answer the question, won't the zombies just completely ignore the dwarves, so yes they would win?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »

:o Oh yeah! Forgot that little bit. So a vampire fortress would be pretty much ignored by zombies. Awesome!!!

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 01:09:57 am »

Infinite training fodder. Also, you have THREE?!? I had one, then in designing my training pit, I forgot they climbed. Yeah... He climbed up just behind my new corpse field after a goblin siege. A zombie filled moat for one necromancer, a zombie cavern cleaner for the second, infinite training room for another. Also, Necromancers hate other people.

in a .34 save, yeah. 2 showed up during a single invasion and promptly wandered into my cage traps.

I didn't even know I had them until a few months later when I saw them in my stockpiles.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

No no no no no!!! Necromancers are supposed to be reclusive, not a new civilization.
They could easily be both. I think Toady should unfix this and also have necromancer and wizard towns.

Damn, I'm going to generate my necromancer town with the old game version... Current game offers
nearly no fun at all and is way too easy. I've played now 11 years and no save-game scumming or
cheating has been necessary. I'm a bit disappointed.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.