Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104585 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: aiwA0JrGfjA
« Reply #720 on: March 10, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »

You need cyanite for turbines >.> Blutonium only goes into a few key parts like the controller and the shaft bearing.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 11, 2015, 12:00:32 am »

I was so proud of my overly complicated reprocessing set up too. :( Shucks.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #722 on: March 11, 2015, 06:38:40 am »

Putnam set the system to use the blutonium, so no big deal.

In other news! PSA: Anyone who wants a Flux-Infused Jetplate (a tier 5 jetpack that also works as diamond armor) just needs to ask and I will provide. Charging can be done in Harbourtown--eventually I plan on installing wireless chargers everywhere, but for now only the stone ship has WiRF.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 11, 2015, 04:01:06 pm »

Does the server restart once a day that I was just not aware of?  cause it kinda just shutdown... sorry to mountainhome bros I was re-running power cable when it went down so we might not have an ME when it comes back up ;(
Nom nom nom

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 11, 2015, 04:11:24 pm »

I reenabled the cronjob, the server will restart once a day at this time.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »

Ok sounds good then.. but how long should it be taking to restart, been nearly 30 minutes now?

On a slightly different topic, is anyone brave enough to attempt to fight a chaos dragon with me later?
Nom nom nom

Kadaban

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 11, 2015, 05:30:42 pm »

Kinda getting worried. I believe the cronjob failed its job :(

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 11, 2015, 06:12:24 pm »

Apparently Opis caused a freak ConcurrentModificationException right after reboot. Should be all better now.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 12, 2015, 05:57:02 am »

what is the current restrictions on quarry use of various types on the overworld?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #729 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:43 am »

No quarries in the overworld. nether is ok.

if you want to quarry, make a Mystcraft dimension... are the rules I think are active right now.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 12, 2015, 06:35:12 am »

I'm more wondering why, if its just because it leaves big ugly holes then I have that covered, though if it breaks the world somehow then I can see why not. Also which kinds of quarries can we not use? there's buildcraft quarries, Ender quarries, the thaumcraft arcane bore, and maybe other kinds of quarry type things that I don't know of yet.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 12, 2015, 06:56:18 am »

I'm more wondering why, if its just because it leaves big ugly holes then I have that covered, though if it breaks the world somehow then I can see why not. Also which kinds of quarries can we not use? there's buildcraft quarries, Ender quarries, the thaumcraft arcane bore, and maybe other kinds of quarry type things that I don't know of yet.
There are also frame quarries using mining wells or annihilation planes.

The overworld is there for building, not for quarrying, and there are various reasons you don't actually need to quarry the overworld. If you just need resources in general, then you can just use any random Mystcraft or RFTools age. If you need to quarry a specific biome, you can either find a Mystcraft page with the specified biome, or craft a dimlet for that biome (using the Biome Absorber), or just make a portal to the Deep Dark and quarry down there, because the Deep Dark has exactly the same biome distribution as the overworld. If you can't or don't want to craft a portal to the Deep Dark, just use someone else's portal, then use linking books.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #732 on: March 12, 2015, 07:27:36 am »

There's one case where you absolutely do have to quarry a normal dimension. Draconium ore only spawns in the End, the overworld, and the Nether. I'm planning on quarrying the nether, hopefully that's ok.

edit: anyone have left-over draconium? I want to make the highest tier draconium ore, but I lost my stuff to the chaos dragon so... none. :(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:39:56 am by Skyrunner »

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 12, 2015, 11:02:05 am »

highest tier draconium power storage, right?  only advice I have is search the end for comets to mine, only way you will get enough. 

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2015, 11:41:22 am »

Oh man, a server!

I can actually play modded minecraft for once :P
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79