Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104656 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Beginning Of The End
« Reply #600 on: February 25, 2015, 02:16:53 pm »

Yeah, Chisel is a must imo. It lets you turn ugly blocks into gorgeous blocks,

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #601 on: February 25, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »

My favorite usage is cobblestone huge tiles. Those look almost like regular stone but no smelting needed :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 26, 2015, 08:13:55 am »

I've been doing some designs in creative in Etho's pack, and I must say, I love sloped carpenter's blocks. Research tells me they aren't any more intensive to servers than regular stairs, and damn do they look nice. So my vote also goes to any pack that has Carpenter's blocks in it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #603 on: February 26, 2015, 09:15:03 pm »

I've been doing some designs in creative in Etho's pack, and I must say, I love sloped carpenter's blocks. Research tells me they aren't any more intensive to servers than regular stairs, and damn do they look nice. So my vote also goes to any pack that has Carpenter's blocks in it.
If you saw my post, you'll see that four pretty popular modpacks all have both chisel and carpenter blocks. I think those are pretty much NEI and WAILA status for modpacks now, unconditional must-haves.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »

New server in two days! :0

~hyped~

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2015, 03:03:12 pm »

New server in two days! :0

~hyped~

Indeed, Much Hype.

I've made really pretty base designs, but I just had an idea. What id I put the in the Sky!!!, how I have to design the bottoms too *sigh*. Making this one modular though, so it's less monotonous than a sphere.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:13 pm »

I will have to actually work through installing mods in minecraft once the new server set up is up, just because it sounds too crazy for me not to at least take a look.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:17 pm »

I now have a computer that can handle heavily modded minecraft, so I'll hop on within the next few days. What's this about redoing the server?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 28, 2015, 01:06:36 am »

I will have to actually work through installing mods in minecraft once the new server set up is up, just because it sounds too crazy for me not to at least take a look.

Just use the FeedTheBeast launcher, it downloads and installs everything for you. You just select the modpack in the launcher, and you're good to go.

If anything, you should be looking up the big mods (Thermal Expansion, EnderIO) and how they work because they can be a little overwhelming and NOT utilizing certain mods means realizing later that you wasted a bunch of resources.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:09:57 am by Baijiu »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 28, 2015, 11:31:23 am »

Just use the FeedTheBeast launcher, it downloads and installs everything for you. You just select the modpack in the launcher, and you're good to go.

If anything, you should be looking up the big mods (Thermal Expansion, EnderIO) and how they work because they can be a little overwhelming and NOT utilizing certain mods means realizing later that you wasted a bunch of resources.
The issue being that I believe we were looking at doing a custom modpack.

(personally I'd like Feed the Beast Infinity though just to simplyfy things since I think it has everything everyone wants.)

Otherwise quite hyped for the reset, have a lot of large build plans and I'll make sure not to get into thaumcraft too much (started to get really irritated at the constant blacking out late game thaumcraft causes you to have happen on the old server)
Nom nom nom

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 28, 2015, 12:37:43 pm »

The beauty of FTB is that you can upload a custom pack to the website, give out codes, and the launcher will download and install that modpack for you. :) You can also swap mods in/out of the official/third party modpacks (and if you're installing new ones, there's a nice little "add mod" button when you edit a modpack).

Don't worry, the days of needing to delete META inf and using winrar to inject class files into a .jar is long over.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #611 on: February 28, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »

I thought the FTB authorizatuon process was long and byzantine? I hear that Technic's launcher is a lot easier to use, and so is ATLaunvher.

I wonder if the new server will be up when I wake o.o

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 28, 2015, 01:14:02 pm »

This page does not sound particularly easy to use, and mentions taking up to 4 weeks to happen, Sky. ???
Though to be fair to ATLauncher, it certainly is easier to locate that page than a ftb forum post.
Technic sounds pretty simple but McFry would need somewhere to host the pack.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 28, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »

It takes a couple minutes to download the launcher, add an account, and click play. It takes another couple to download all the stuff and launch it, but that's because heavily modded minecraft is fucking huge.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

I thought the FTB authorizatuon process was long and byzantine? I hear that Technic's launcher is a lot easier to use, and so is ATLaunvher.

I wonder if the new server will be up when I wake o.o

AGH. You're totally right. I mixed up the FTB launcher with the Technic launcher. *puts foot in mouth*

I used it way back in the day to host a private modpack, but the times keep goddamn changing, and apparently now you need an external host? WTF Technic.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:41:26 pm by Baijiu »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 79