Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79

Author Topic: McFry's Minecraft Server: Vogons Inbound  (Read 104643 times)

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McFry's Minecraft Server: Beginning Of The End
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2015, 08:10:53 pm »

Aklyon: Yeah, it has custom spells. It doesn't feel as polished as Thaumcraft, but Thaumcraft has gone through 4 iterations while Ars Magica is on its second.

McDonald: Dunno what to say... I just log in to play around and test out things right now, using the resources I've been hoarding. You could always log in and explore SkyTower and bask in its lag glory. Skyrunner was kind enough to grant us access to the ME system which is accessible from the lobby on the first floor. :)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »

hi I'm not going to be able to go on till around the 11th of march (the internet company ballsed up the cable timing ahhhh) but anyone want to work with me com the server reboot? I like the sound of working together. 

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2015, 10:15:48 pm »

Been digging around for alternatives to The Dark Trilogy for the new server, what do people think of these two?

The Rising World
Joe's Gaming

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2015, 10:45:22 pm »

I say definitely no to Joe's Gaming, namely because it has ProjectE (or Equivalent Exchange 2). It's a good mod for single player because it doesn't care about being balanced, but multiplayer? Nooooooo. Within a few days we'd all have redmatter tools and MK3 machines. 

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2015, 10:59:15 pm »

I say definitely no to Joe's Gaming, namely because it has ProjectE (or Equivalent Exchange 2). It's a good mod for single player because it doesn't care about being balanced, but multiplayer? Nooooooo. Within a few days we'd all have redmatter tools and MK3 machines.

See, that's a sentiment I'd have to mostly disagree about. If the modlist was short, or if ProjectE was in a vacuum, I'd agree it was indeed overpowered. However, in any relatively bulky modpack, it becomes less overpowered, as there are other things to compare it against. In fact, looking at it again, it's not Project E that throws me off. It's magical crops and Mystcraft that look to break the game more than that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »

My only wish is for Gendustry to be in a modpack, or potentially added.

~bee addict~

edit: I guess it doesn't matter if Extra Bees also isn't in the modpack, like Rising World. Modpacks are hard, haha >_<
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:04:35 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:30 pm »

See, that's a sentiment I'd have to mostly disagree about. If the modlist was short, or if ProjectE was in a vacuum, I'd agree it was indeed overpowered. However, in any relatively bulky modpack, it becomes less overpowered, as there are other things to compare it against. In fact, looking at it again, it's not Project E that throws me off. It's magical crops and Mystcraft that look to break the game more than that.
ProjectE, is fine in the beginning when you're transmuting simple materials and converting excess cobble to EMC but... a Destruction Catalyst and a Gem of Eternal Density, basically lets you strip mine the whole world hundreds of blocks at a time. I think it'd be more balanced (and save the world from holes everywhere) if there was a way to disable the advanced machines and let us only use the philosopher's stone....

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:39 pm »

I thought the OP part of Project E was the self-sustaining Solar Collectors?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

It's ludicrous all around. There are ways to get infinite resources with it regardless of whether the collectors are enabled.

For example, Cyanite is worth exactly as much as Yellorium.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:24 pm »

It's ludicrous all around. There are ways to get infinite resources with it regardless of whether the collectors are enabled.

For example, Cyanite is worth exactly as much as Yellorium.

Wow, that is ludicrous. I'd understand if it was half, and blutonium equal to yellorium, but...oof. That's something that needs to be updated, and I can't be arsed to do it.

So i've been looking around at other options, trying to find what would be best for both the server hardware and the players. Resonant Rise isn't /that/ bad, and is probably the best choice to suit our needs, with TFT after it likely. Infinity is another option, but Resonant Rise is a lot easier to handle, all we have to do is select the 'lite' option, and then check off the extras that we would want, like Gendustry, Ztones and the like.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2015, 04:04:53 am »

iirc rotarycraft's DragonAPI conflicts with some other mod. I ran into that problem while creating a custom modpack.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2015, 04:25:58 am »

Also, with TDT, the pack of mod sin it are pretty okay, but it's the heavy-handed implementation of 'balance' that completely turns me away from it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2015, 06:04:41 am »

Also, McFry is it possible to start the new server sooner?  >_>  I find that I don't have a lot of motivation to do things... I'm not sure about anyone else, though, seeing that I haven't seen anyone online :v

edit: I suppose that it might jsut be me, seeing that there seems to be a bunch of new construction going on.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:12:42 am by Skyrunner »

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2015, 06:26:40 am »

There's not much I feel like doing either, knowing it'll get wiped out later. That means no bee breeding, or no real base expansion. :( I've just been fiddling with my ME network and testing out my reactor. Magma should've just done a stealth wipe and dealt with our outrage later.  :D Better than the slow death the server is going through.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2015, 06:43:35 am »

It'll revive once the server restarts, it's just that I think he left a bit too much time.
The problem is more that I don't have any time until then. Everything's full of family meetings and exams and seminars and math camps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:45:36 am by MagmaMcFry »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 79