Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Badly interpret your reports!  (Read 6339 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Badly interpret your reports!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:57 pm »

Made my night that much better.  I love it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 11:01:28 pm »

Made my night that much better.  I love it.

Good to know!

That's the best I could come up with.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:19:37 pm by They Got Leader »
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 01:14:15 pm »

A kobold swordsman was hunting water buffalo and he got too close to a two year old.

The Dwarven Child attacks The Kobold Swordsman but He jumps away!
The Kobold Swordsman attacks The Dwarven Child but He jumps away!
Dwarven Child: I have a part in this. I will take revenge!
The Dwarven Child punches The Kobold Swordsman in the lower body, but the attack passes right through!

The Kobold Swordsman atabs The Dwarven Child in the left upper arm with his <{copper short sword}>, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery has been opened by the attack, a motor nerve has been severed and a tendon has been torn!

The Dwarven Child punches The Kobold Swordsman in the left upper leg with his right hand, bruising the muscle through the <{small giant cave spider silk tunic}>!
Dwarven Child: So easily broken...  Begone fear!

... more stabbing and punching ...

The Kobold Swordsman stabs The Dwarven Child in the right hand with his <{copper short sword}>, tearing apart the fat!
The <{copper short sword}> has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the right hand with his left foot, bruising the bone!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the left foot with his right foot, bruising the bone!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the left hand with his right foot, and the injured part explodes into gore!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the head with his left foot, bruising the muscle!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the head with his left foot, bruising the muscle!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the head with his right foot, bruising the muscle!
The Dwarven Child kicks The Kobold Swordsman in the head with his right foot, bruising the muscle!
The Dwarven Child bites The Kobold Swordsman in the head, tearing the fat and bruisinh the muscle!

The Dwarven Child latches on firmly!
The Dwarven Child shakes The Kobold Swordsman around by the head, tearing apart the head's fat and bruising the muscle!
The Dwarven Child shakes The Kobold Swordsman around by the head, tearing apart the head's fat and bruising the muscle!

An emergency wrestling squad came to the child's assistance and the killing blow went to a legendary architect, the child's mother.

The Architect punches The Kobold Swordsman in the head with her left hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
Architect: Death...  This is truly horrifying.
Architect: I must withdraw!
Architect: How fleeting life is...  Begone fear!
Architect: I must withdraw!

The Dwarven Childs pulls out and drops the <{copper short sword}>.
Dwarven Child: Death is all around us. This is truly horrifying.

Other Dwarfs rushed him to the dorm, his arms are all cut up and he has a fractured kidney. I am in a slatwater biome, so hopefully I can find some drinkable water before it is too late.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »

Wow, that kid should be your champion when he grows up

Avorez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 07:43:50 pm »

>Craftsdwarf has gone stark raving mad!
> (6 months later) Crafstdwarf has died from thirst!

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 03:57:10 am »

One of my miners was picking up a Giant Olm corpse from a cave, when he was attacked by a living Giant Olm.
At first the fist fight went badly for my miner, but then he managed to wrestle the Olm and broke it's right knee by bending it. This caused the Olm to pass out from pain, so my miner started punching it in the head...Until he passed out from exhaustion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This went on for quite a while, and then my Glassmaker came to pick up the Olm corpse and joined the fun...Until he too passed out from exhaustion.

This went on for a long while and all this time, my dwarves were also wrestling with the Olm and ended up breaking both it's ankles, both it's wrists and I think one it's shoulders.
They also punched the Olm in the head several hundred times and passed out from exhaustion dozens of times only to wake up and continue the fun.
The Olm also woke up many times, but it immediately passed out from pain.
It all ended only when my Spearlord showed up and punched (didn't use his spear) the Olm dead.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 06:03:48 am »

One of my miners was picking up a Giant Olm corpse from a cave, when he was attacked by a living Giant Olm.
At first the fist fight went badly for my miner, but then he managed to wrestle the Olm and broke it's right knee by bending it. This caused the Olm to pass out from pain, so my miner started punching it in the head...Until he passed out from exhaustion.

This went on for quite a while, and then my Glassmaker came to pick up the Olm corpse and joined the fun...Until he too passed out from exhaustion.

This went on for a long while and all this time, my dwarves were also wrestling with the Olm and ended up breaking both it's ankles, both it's wrists and I think one it's shoulders.
They also punched the Olm in the head several hundred times and passed out from exhaustion dozens of times only to wake up and continue the fun.
The Olm also woke up many times, but it immediately passed out from pain.
It all ended only when my Spearlord showed up and punched (didn't use his spear) the Olm dead.

Couldn't your miner have used her pick?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:06 am »

Other Dwarfs rushed him to the dorm, his arms are all cut up and he has a fractured kidney. I am in a slatwater biome, so hopefully I can find some drinkable water before it is too late.

Build a well, and if need be, fill it via bucket brigade.  Wells in game have the magical ability to de-salinate salt water.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:35 am »

I don't have a report, but a werepanda showed up and jumped into the river to wrestle a giant sponge. He transformed and drowned before he damaged the sponge, of course, but I think the action scene is more suitable for depiction.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:15 am »

Build a well, and if need be, fill it via bucket brigade.  Wells in game have the magical ability to de-salinate salt water.

I added a well to a bridge going over a river that goes to the ocean. Water was successfully retrieved and the child was up and about before the season was over. Then a tree grew up and destroyed the well.

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 11:11:40 am »

Probably, but she (hadn't noticed that my miner was a female) chose not to. Just like my Spearlord chose not to use his spear, it was a fist fight after all.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 11:40:27 am »

Probably, but she (hadn't noticed that my miner was a female) chose not to. Just like my Spearlord chose not to use his spear, it was a fist fight after all.
It wouldn't have been fair, the Giant Olm didn't have a weapon

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »

We create magma flood chambers, drowning pits, spear trap halls of death, coliseums, crossbow bunkers, archery towers, pens filled with giant war tigers, and train up legendary combat dwarves in order to beat up kobold thieves and wood-armed elves. Since when do dwarves fight fair?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

We create magma flood chambers, drowning pits, spear trap halls of death, coliseums, crossbow bunkers, archery towers, pens filled with giant war tigers, and train up legendary combat dwarves in order to beat up kobold thieves and wood-armed elves. Since when do dwarves fight fair?
You left out death pits (the falling kind).
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:30 pm »

Wow, there are a lot of replies! I will get through them all tonight (I hope). I am sorry for disappearing, but real life came up and bit me. Things are sorted and I hope to get the next round out tonight! Cheers!
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4