Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*  (Read 11323 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Imperfect Glosstrot, Our Glosstrot (My Little Pony Fortress) *Restarted*
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2014, 11:09:51 pm »

Alright here's that record, sorry for the long wait! Didn't mean for it to take so long :/.

Plumcabbages Record, 3rd Record

11th of Slate, Year 5, Apologies

So just another quick note, I had met up with that woodpony whose name I thought was Dizesh, but after saying it repeatedly I appeared to have ticked her off, to which she shouted that her name was, in fact, Maple. I promised her I would do anything to make it up her and she readily agreed. Great, only a few months into this and I already owe somepony a favor. Wonderful start so far...

I also planned out more digging areas by elongating the first main hallway with a reasonably large room jutting off, which I plan into making a reasonably sized farm, alongside a small room that will house the stairway downwards and around 8 small rooms for our everypony to have a room to themselves, I also made that second large room another stockpile, just in case we run out of room for the other one with all the mining we're going to be doing.

It seems placing that second stockpile kicked everypony into gear though, as all of them stopped fighting over that blasted wheelbarrow and started hauling everything, I personally think it was because I told them I was making them rooms to have temporarily until I built proper homes and apartments for them, thus showing them they needed to actually work in order to gain anything, at least it motivated them for a short while until they all just gave up and stopped hauling again after a few hours...

20th of Slate, Year 5, Workshops

I finally designated those workshops room with a Carpenters workshop and Masons Workshop in the left room and a Butcher's workshop and Craftponies workshop in the right room, all of which were built relatively easily thanks to Maple, our Farmpony and Minerpony. Once they finished building I had Maple the woodpony build some beds and doors with the wood we have for their rooms, since it seems she has experience in carpentry. Hopefully that'll stop the complaining about sleeping on the floor. I also disassembled the wagon we came in on with for more supplies since this will be our permanent home from now on. Though that Craftspony workshop might be a mistake since we don't have anypony with any skill in any craftspony area.

I also designated a few more tree's to be cleared out along with some plants so that I can start construction on that Farmponies house for the Apple Farm to be made. Can't wait to taste the multitude of tasty apple treats that will be produced once it's all complete.

26th of Slate, Year 5, House

Those rooms I had the Minerpony dig out are finally done and I have also planned out a small house to be built for Maple to build once she's done with those trees. Also had the stairway in the underground portion placed a few paces down for materials to get dug out and future plans to be made depending on the materials we hopefully find. My main concern right now though is the house, as it will be important in food production later on.

I mostly had digging and gathering going on during this log entry until the end, which had me making multiple plans with that 8x8 house(which will be expanded in the future as the apple farm/her family grows bigger. Also had the stairways underground go down 2-3 Z-levels.

So yea, pretty short record entry this time because I have a lot of real life stuff to do and take care of so this is the most I could get out currently. I also did some tests with other versions of DF and turns out the 1 person hauling thing is a bug. On the other games only 1 person will haul until a second stockpile is built, and even then sometimes that doesn't work.

I am also concerned about building that roof since I don't have a good idea on how to do so. So if you guys have any idea on how to build a roof that would be much appreciated.

The next log will be longer I promise that, it will be uploaded either Friday or Saturday, really depends on the circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:51:16 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:58 pm »

Enjoying it so far. If I could get ponified as a noble or noble's child when one is free, that would be nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything's in the news today

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 11:51:54 pm »

Enjoying it so far. If I could get ponified as a noble or noble's child when one is free, that would be nice.

Alright gotcha reserved ^^.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 09:32:17 pm »

giving up on male, just give me the first pony from the next migrant wave.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:08 am »

A few quick questions about the settings.

How long as it been since equestria fell, and are the changelings still an ever present threat to the development of civilization from the ashes of old equestria?

Also, to what extent was the old military, government, and other such things eradicated when the changelings came in? Would it be possible for a former person in the old guard to have survived?

Also, will we be going with character ages that are more reasonable, or will it be based on DF ages (where being age 80 is relatively young when you've got Urist McGrandpa who's 150 and still kicking.)
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 05:35:33 am »

A few quick questions about the settings.

How long as it been since equestria fell, and are the changelings still an ever present threat to the development of civilization from the ashes of old equestria?

Also, to what extent was the old military, government, and other such things eradicated when the changelings came in? Would it be possible for a former person in the old guard to have survived?

Also, will we be going with character ages that are more reasonable, or will it be based on DF ages (where being age 80 is relatively young when you've got Urist McGrandpa who's 150 and still kicking.)

Game year is 5, so it's been about 5 years.

Old military took one hell of a beating, due in part to necessity demanding that the troops be raised and armed in as quick a manner as possible (best wording I can use is essentially peasant levies/militias did the bulk of the fighting, and it's possible and highly likely some of those ponies survived.) Royal Guard survivors are mostly likely very few and far between since most were likely killed during the Siege of Canterlot; their job description is one of the royals' bodyguards after all. The 'Regular' army, the Equestrian Guard, probably still has a lot of survivors still kicking but they probably aren't super common either; the EG took one hell of a beating in the few battles it managed to scrap enough soldiers together to fight.

As to damages to other things, whatever infrastructure was there was probably left intact aside from whatever buildings were damaged in the fighting, though most smaller villages/hamlets put up a fight were likely wiped off the map. Most major pre-changeling war cities, if not all of them, are probably extensively damaged either by siege engines, trolls, or magic, and being actively cannibalized for materials to raise fortresses and build new cities, as well as certain individuals risking fights with enemy patrols to recover books and other important things to the survival of Equestria as a culture/society; it would do them little good to have the next generation unable to learn about thier history and what they could one day (and are entitled to by right,) have returned to them in some fashion.

As to aging, that requires a trip into the raws to glean. And I can't answer that since I dunno if this mod uses the same as Valkidu's aging rates, but I'm guessing 150 is probably close to the upper limit for most ponies if it isn't where they drop dead (I'm betting they may use vanilla DF human age rates for most as it seems reasonable for non-alicorns.)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 06:44:04 am »

Exactly as Splint said ^^, though i still don't know about the ages since it isn't really listed anywhere that it has changed (that i know of) in the MLF mod Changelogs.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2014, 07:59:26 pm »

Well i just found out how to build roofs (didn't think it was that simple!) and a few other things so expect a new Record sometime soon.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2014, 01:51:00 am »

Well i just found out how to build roofs (didn't think it was that simple!) and a few other things so expect a new Record sometime soon.
yeah, roofs aren't that tricky, jsut a small advisory, you probably will want to leave roof acess since, AFAIK, pathfinding regards flight as a shortcut, up until the moment a creature is over some thing that they couldn't walk to their destination on
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2014, 01:57:03 am »

Yea was planning on using Slopes for 1 story houses and Stairs for houses bigger than 1 story. Don't want to build blocks and stair in tandem to build higher steps, but once i have to get the final square in i'll use either a Pegasus to put the final square, or have the staircase on the side of the house and not inside. Also working on the next log now.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

Alright got the Ages right here thanks to someone named Maklak who answered me in the MLF mod thread.

[BABY:1]
[CHILD:10]
Earth [MAXAGE:90:150]
Pegasus [MAXAGE:75:120]
Unicorn [MAXAGE:110:200]
Princess/Alicorn might be unlimited age, not really proven yet, not disproven either.

Plumcabbages Record, 4th Record

1st of Hematite, Year 5, Summer

It is now time for my Seasonal Report. Firstly it has finally become summer, during summer the first floor of that house for the Apple Farmpony should be finished, and the 2nd and final floor should be started and hopefully finished towards the end. Secondly, I have set up plans for an above ground plant farms for our above ground seeds and plants, that the Farmponies will take care of, I can't wait for those strawberries either! Lastly, everypony has started pitching in and helping around in various area's and it has reduced the taxing level of stress on everyone. Let's hope for the best this summer!

23rd of Hermatite, Year 5, Migrants!

Yay! Our first of Migrants from other lands and from the home lands have arrived! I wonder who these ponies are and what they do! Seems there are only 2 ponies, but their both male ponies so no more female majority! One's a Bowyer and the other's a Fisherpony apparently! Can't wait to meet them!

So, the migrant wave was REALLY small, and we only got 2 ponies, but their both males, and one of them is a unicorn! They are indeed a fisherpony and Bowyer so yea.

Here's their info!

The First Ponies Info (this is TALLPANZERS Pony, since it was the first male pony to show up):

The Second Ponies Info (Up for grabs, first come, first serve!):

TALLPANZER, feel free to name your pony whatever you want ^^, for now i'll be putting their default names in the Pony List!

I'll also be having the ponies be Vegetarian only since they want to go back to the old days, so no butchering, and will be using natural means instead of leather to make clothing, unless by trade, as our ponies won't be killing animals unless they're hostile. If you guys can't see their info well enough i'll try to upload better resolution pictures!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:54:04 am by Unknown72 »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 09:44:52 am »

GlimmerBeer works. That pony has a lot of skills, guess he never figured out what the rule and pencil cutie mark ment.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2014, 11:28:50 am »

Alright TALLPANZER, changed it, also i'm sorry for the extremely short Record this time guys. When i make records i type out the events as they happen and in 2 hours of game play that was all that happened so sorry :/

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2014, 09:27:38 pm »

redact
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:31:15 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2014, 10:56:49 pm »

Well, Jaxler, You now have me wondering what you posted before you redacted/edited it, so curse you/thank you for occupying my thoughts for the next 3 days...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8