Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Faviorate Bug fixes?  (Read 2425 times)

Shard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Faviorate Bug fixes?
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:08 am »

Whats your favorite bug fix/tweak lately?

Added stockpile option for cut stones

Urist McGemSetter is very pleased.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Faviorate Bug fixes?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:51:12 am »

putting large gems in stockpiles again. That was my big one.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:50 pm »

for me it's the military stuff, especially the no more bad thoughts

Detharon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:54:34 pm »

This.

And a fix of growth bug, which caused 90% of dwarves to remain child-sized when they grew adult.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »

This.

And a fix of growth bug, which caused 90% of dwarves to remain child-sized when they grew adult.

Yeah, no more needing DFhack for that one.

I was also pleased with the fixing of the large gems (and things made from gems) not getting put into stockpiles and the one with fixing flows making things invisible.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:16:20 am »

For me it's the Hivekeeping fix. I started playing a little bit into DF2012 and it's the only industry I've not played around with until now.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Fluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:36 am »

Damn Birds fly again, dwarven size as said by Detharon, Military looks better also.
Sorry for my bad english

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 10:47:39 am »

For me it's the Hivekeeping fix. I started playing a little bit into DF2012 and it's the only industry I've not played around with until now.
It's still a pain that you get lots of royal jelly in jugs that dwarves almost never use when cooking so you just have to keep making more jugs

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 09:19:36 pm »

Royal jelly is a royal pain in the bum.

There are so many fixes in the dev log that make me go: "Yes! Finally!" that I can't really pick out a favourite. I think that bone and shell stacks being used properly is consistently near the top of the list though.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 10:25:11 pm »

And theres the 'dwarves uninjured dwarves sleeping in hospital beds' bug fixed.

The one bug that I'd REALLY REALLY love to see fixed is this one: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6185 It's just a pet peeve of mine really.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:27:35 pm by smjjames »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »

I've had dwarves take XXclothingXX to the refuse stockpile in .34. Can't remember if I needed to DFHack away ownership of the items first though.

It'd be nice to have wear modifiers for stockpiles. Worn clothing loses a large chunk of its value, but if your fancypants fortress is full of old fancy pants then they still make acceptable trade goods.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:59 am »

I definitely bought my share of caravans on old clothes alone. Soon before FPS death

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 12:54:49 am »

I've had dwarves take XXclothingXX to the refuse stockpile in .34. Can't remember if I needed to DFHack away ownership of the items first though.

It'd be nice to have wear modifiers for stockpiles. Worn clothing loses a large chunk of its value, but if your fancypants fortress is full of old fancy pants then they still make acceptable trade goods.

I can get them to dump old clothes in refuse piles, I just have to jump throigh some hoops to get them to do that consistently and keep the worn stuff out of the finished goods stockpile. Otherwise I rarely see them dump old clothes in the refuse piles and they just prefer to let them carpet the communual dorms.

Having a wear modifier for stockpiles would certainly help keep the worn clothes out of the ones that I don't want them to be in.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7764

Yay, Insurrections will be fun again. I found that bug to be a bit depressing and somewhat annoying and for me, takes the fun out of insurrections.

He also sortof fixed the issue with no small clothing being available for dwarven and elven adventurers in towns and shops.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:24:53 pm by smjjames »

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 06:08:33 pm »

All fixed bugs are my favorite~
Pages: [1] 2