Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 428313 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #1830 on: July 11, 2016, 06:34:26 pm »

Cops have no charitibility. If they can do something to hurt "the enemy", they will without hesitation. Even the "good ones" hide behind a callous certitude and adherence to the letter of the law even if they pretend to feel bad about it, while the bad ones are just plain highwaymen.
i imagine you know all 765,000 sworn officers personally.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 11, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »

I know what police academies teach and I know how the jackasses act every time they barge into a school, house, or dormitory, hand ever so casually placed on their fucking gun.

I don't give a shit if it gets you all in a twist when people don't suck off the police state. Their behavior is plainly unacceptable.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:02 pm »

i'm the one in a twist.

i see.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 11, 2016, 06:42:42 pm »

Truean has the right of it.

I could opine about how much danger cops should take on, without any of us joining up ourselves, but that would just be a masturbatory internet argument.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:04 pm »

i'm the one in a twist.

i see.
If you can look at what's happening in this country and not get mad, then we've got nothing to talk about. Looking at this and saying "not a big deal, nothing to get riled up about" is just sick.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1835 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:34 pm »

I know what police academies teach and I know how the jackasses act every time they barge into a school, house, or dormitory, hand ever so casually placed on their fucking gun.
I don't give a shit if it gets you all in a twist when people don't suck off the police state. Their behavior is plainly unacceptable.
MSH what's wrong with being sprayed with bullets in your own home

It's just bullets

i'm the one in a twist.
i see.
You're not in a twist, but getting in the way of generalizations is something on which I am neutral

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: July 11, 2016, 06:45:50 pm »

Show me something to get mad about, if you want me "riled up." Oh, I've got one.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 11, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »

Cops have no charitibility. If they can do something to hurt "the enemy", they will without hesitation. Even the "good ones" hide behind a callous certitude and adherence to the letter of the law even if they pretend to feel bad about it, while the bad ones are just plain highwaymen.
Shit like this is why I have very little respect for BLM these days. This and the near-singleminded obsession with trying to get murder convictions instead of trying to prevent these shootings from happening in the first place.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 11, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »

Has this been mentioned yet? For once we get (semi-)hard data, and surprising data to boot!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 11, 2016, 07:09:44 pm »

Shit like this is why I have very little respect for BLM these days. This and the near-singleminded obsession with trying to get murder convictions instead of trying to prevent these shootings from happening in the first place.
Remember kids, if you're against rampant police brutality you're just "a BLM", no discernment required! Tell Officer Friendly if you see any of these dangerous radicals.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 11, 2016, 07:14:10 pm »

I mean... you did just characterize all cops as having no sense of charity, who will always hurt "the enemy" without hesitation.
Maaaaybe you both overgeneralized, just a little bit??
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:26 pm »

Not charity. Charitability. The provision of equitable treatment to someone you are in opposition to. For example, if Toady doesn't ban someone from the forums who he has a serious disagreement with, even though he can obviously do so without any realistic fear of retaliation, that is charitability.

Cops realistically never do this sort of thing. They are trained for reflex action to various circumstances much like modern soldiers are, but without anywhere near as high a level of discipline. This is why they sometimes rapidly escalate to physical violence or shooting to kill even against someone who has done absolutely nothing to warrant that, because they've tripped over the reflex. Something as simple as putting your hand in your pocket, as we saw recently, can cause this. The poor fellow who was straight up executed face down on the ground also suffered this due to "resisting", which justifies escalation to them.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1842 on: July 11, 2016, 07:21:48 pm »

C'mon, plenty of cops are good people. In fact, there're plenty of cases in which the cop turned out to have done the rightish thing. Like that case, can't remember the name, where the killed guy turned out to have been running toward the cop threateningly, not away. After having wrestled with the cop in his car, trying to get the gun. I'd be a bit concerned, and if I didn't have a taser, and I told the guy to stop running toward me without response, I might shoot. Maybe not to kill, but that's not always possible with a moving target.

I'm not denying that police brutality is a thing, but don't say every cop's trigger-happy and uncharitable. For every police brutality incident, how many nonbrutality incidents occur? You can't honestly claim that whenever a cop sees a "suspicious" (i.e., black) person, they shoot them, even though they probably could. (Just yell "Stop resisting! Stop resisting!" and you'll easily convince the jury that the guy was up on his feet and brawling, even though he was whimpering on the ground.) There're always the guys who take power and abuse it as much as they can, and then there's people who don't. Like Batman. Batman is cool.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:25:02 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #1844 on: July 11, 2016, 07:28:15 pm »

Wait, I thought this was about the police? What does this have to do with Greek cities?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 295