Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 295

Author Topic: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice  (Read 428576 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: The Abusive Policing Thread: Beyond Brown, No Justice
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2014, 08:42:04 am »

I don't get it : could you tell me why exactly it's a murder. For me he's being clear that he fought for his weapon, fired first in that context, got out of his car to aprehend a "suspect" that had done at least one extreme act of violence, and fired when he got charged by said supect. All that is corrobored by some witnesses testimonies.

Pepper spray usage isn't an appropriate response when you're fighting for the control of your gun, both because it's not practical (he'd have lost control of his gun) and because it's a deterrent more than an incapacitant. Tazer aren't reliable and should be used covered by a gun (so you'd better be two), and American gun doctrine don't do limb shot (and american cops are too bad shoot to do it anyway).
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:26 am »

You know, I heard on the news that Williams said it was like a five year old fighting hulk hogan or something. However, I'm not sure if he actually did say that and I may be wrong on the context because I was half paying attention at that moment.

If he actually did say that, then that's pretty racist.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2014, 09:37:09 am »

This story was just posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/man-sues-after-minn-police-come-to-his-home-arrest-him-for-calling-them-racists-on-facebook/

A guy in Minnesota called some local cops racist on facebook, so they tracked him down to his house, and arrested him for disorderly conduct and unlawful use of computerized communications.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2014, 09:39:44 am »

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/man-sues-after-minn-police-come-to-his-home-arrest-him-for-calling-them-racists-on-facebook/

A guy in Minnesota called some local cops racist on facebook, so they tracked him down to his house, and arrested him for disorderly conduct and unlawful use of computerized communications.

Okay, that, that is just wrong and violation of first amendment rights.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2014, 09:41:30 am »

Okay, that, that is just wrong and violation of first amendment rights.
I'd like to see the messages in question.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:24 am »

It could be slander or libel, after all. I'm more concerned about the selective enforcement.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2014, 10:25:29 am »

Still though, why was he alone? In all the shows and movies and stuff, the police ALWAYS have a partner, even small town police usually, I assumed that was normal procedure.

Also, I saw the interview and he did say that it was like a five year old against hulk hogan and he also said that ALL cars are one man cars.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2014, 10:31:45 am »

You know, I heard on the news that Williams said it was like a five year old fighting hulk hogan or something. However, I'm not sure if he actually did say that and I may be wrong on the context because I was half paying attention at that moment.

If he actually did say that, then that's pretty racist.

How does this statement implicate racism?

Being five years old is universal

And Hulk Hogan is an old orange fella who pretends to drop his leg on people's faces
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2014, 10:50:51 am »

I don't get it : could you tell me why exactly it's a murder.

Okay, I'll help; You don't shoot someone 40 feet away in the head three times for 'running' 'charging' etc at you. You shoot them in the leg and detain them after requesting backup. Wilson did not follow procedure and it led to him murdering a person who he started this incident with.

He did not stop the random black person because of a robbery. That is a crafted narrative. Wilson stopped them because they were black people in a street and to tell them to get on the sidewalk, while being a typcal inciting white asshole cop. He changed his story to 'stopping them because one matched the robbery description' because it didn't make sense to stop them for no reason like he did.

If he was approaching them as suspect in a robbery, he wouldn't approach with his window down and ask them to get on the sidewalk. He would tell them to get on the ground. That is procedure. Wilson didn't follow procedure and it led to him murdering a person.

You can call it involuntary manslaughter if you want, but he did murder that kid because of an incident he himself created. Wilson's ignorance of simple police precautions and procedures of dealing with a 'suspect' is dangerous if true. What kind of trained cop pulls up to a couple of suspected 'dangerous' robbers to start an argument? Are you fucking serious? But it's not, it's a lie. He stopped them for no reason. Welcome to america.

Not to mention it's all fueled by racism, funny how once again this is an Incredible Hulk like negro that would have crushed Wilson's skull in one hand if he hadn't been shot 10,11 times. Like Treyvon.

"I felt that another of those punches in my face could knock me out or worse ... I've already taken two to the face and I didn't think I would, the third one could be fatal if he hit me right," Wilson said.

The police force disseminated information about Wilson's eye socket being fractured and spread this photo of him around months ago to gin up public support.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once again, really really trying to craft a narrative of a Hulk negro crushing Wilson's skull in one hand.

And here's the actual pictures of the injuries two hours after his grievous assault.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The precedent continues; cops can murder you if they have enough time to create their story around the details after they come out and have prosecutors who are friendly to the force they are supposedly keeping in check.

[Ignoring that the story has changed about 5 times at this point from the police and Wilson's narrative, but hey, I guess witnesses being contradictory makes it so you can't have a trial]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:07:31 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2014, 11:01:29 am »

Any ideas on how to fix that? And yes it does sound really racist, what with the comparing it to a five year old against hulk hogan, which sounded extremely silly. It might make a grain of sense if Brown was a major league footballer or serious bodybuilder bulked up on steroids, but he wasn't.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2014, 11:23:19 am »

Even if he was Hulk Hogan, being huge isn't punishable by murder either.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2014, 11:37:35 am »

Wilson stopped them because they were black people in a street and to tell them to get on the sidewalk, while being a typcal inciting white asshole cop.

What? How is that incitation? Walking on the street in front of a police car is a provocation, not the opposite.

He changed his story to 'stopping them because one matched the robbery description' because it didn't make sense to stop them for no reason like he did.

No he didn't, not in his testimony.

Not to mention it's all fueled by racism, funny how once again this is an Incredible Hulk like negro that would have crushed Wilson's skull in one hand if he hadn't been shot 10,11 times. Like Treyvon.

... What? A punch to the head by anyone can kill, and he was trying to grab his gun. Beside the "light" bruising you see there is pretty serious. You can see the swelling here it was some pretty nice punch, considering he had to hit him inside the car.

The police force disseminated information about Wilson's eye socket being fractured and spread this photo of him around months ago to gin up public support.

Can you prove it come from the police? I saw nothing.

You don't shoot someone 40 feet away in the head three times for 'running' 'charging' etc at you. You shoot them in the leg and detain them after requesting backup.

It's entirely situational, as are limb shot. If the reality match Wilson's testimony, he's justified in fireing. Keep in mind that Brown has already been shot at that point, so he had no guarantee that additional shot whould have stopped him.

To solve this cases safely, there needed to be two trained men there. And Policement in sensitive area must be trained on the use of force and its avoidance.

There was only one, poorly trained policeman, and it ended in tragedy. The fact that you claim that "telling peoples to walk on the sidewalk" is a provocation bother me, and lead me to question your civism.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:53 am »

... Okay then. I'm not going to pander to you.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

... Okay then. I'm not going to pander to you.

Feel free not to, but can anyone else actually tell me why they belive why this is a murder?

Or are the peoples claiming this actually incapable to back their claims with evidence (and Martin's shooting wasn't a murder either)?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2014, 11:48:24 am »

I'm just not in the mood to look up things that you can't seem to look up for yourself. I'll give you a kickstart though because I feel generous.

On Wednesday night, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles III told Fox News that he could not confirm reports that Wilson suffered a fractured eye bone. The office of Robert McCulloch, the St. Louis County special prosecutor, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Thursday.

A day after Brown was shot, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Bellmar told reporters that Brown “allegedly pushed” Wilson back into the car and physically assaulted him, but he did not elaborate.
In his account to close confidantes, Wilson has repeatedly said he believed Brown was acting erratically when they had an altercation in a garden apartment complex in Ferguson. He said Brown, 18, was coming at him when he fired the fatal shots.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”

According to the well-placed source, Wilson was coming off another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9 when he ordered Michael Brown and his friend Dorain Johnson to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic. However, the confrontation quickly escalated into physical violence, the source said.

“They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move," the source said. "They shoved him right back in, that’s when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face."

The precise extent of Wilson's injuries are unclear. The source told FoxNews.com on Wednesday that the officer had sustained a fractured eye socket in the incident, and repeated that assertion early Friday morning, in response to a conflicting report on the severity of the injuries.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/

The signs of easing tensions came as a family friend of the officer who fatally shot Brown came forward to offer a version of the incident with new details, saying that the officer suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been taken and will be shared with a grand jury that is weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting, said the friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fear of threats. The friend has been in contact with Wilson’s family members.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/police-officer-who-shot-michael-brown-suffered-fractured-eye-socket-friend-says/2014/08/21/177524ea-293c-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html?hpid=z1

What's that about the Ferguson PD not helping to push this narrative? Are you sure not denying the fractured eye socket story when they knew full well it was complete horseshit wasn't trying to gin up public opinion in their favor?

Would you also like two directly contradictory statements from the Ferugson PD about the claim you made about Wilson responding to a dangerous robber?

Police on Friday said that Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown last weekend, confronted Brown after the teenager was identified as the main suspect in a convenience store robbery that occurred Saturday morning.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/15/ferguson-police-releasing-name-of-officer-who-shot-michael-brown/

"The initial contact between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown was not related to the alleged theft of cigars," Jackson said, indicating Wilson did not know Brown was a suspect in the robbery.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/tom-jackson-michael-brown_n_5682762.html

This is why I'm not pandering to you, because I actually followed this situation. He murdered a kid because he didn't follow procedure and crafted a story to admonish him from the guilt of the bullets he fired. Thanks for trying.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:54:56 am by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 295