Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 177192 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 2: Gather round yon campfire of cardboard
« Reply #1005 on: September 24, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

Pfp I need to get to my notes, but I'm going to update ASAP.

~2 hours to day end... assuming I get there on time and nobody extends, and stuff
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Vote Count
« Reply #1006 on: September 24, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)
(* = used 1 extension)
Day ends Wednesday, September 24th, 7:00 PM Alberta Time. (Approximately 1.5 hours from this post)

TheDarkStar has died. He was.......a.. ............ ...........  .  ............. ............ ... .........
The Cyan Menace

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 24, 2014, 07:01:34 pm »

.... I dont understand tds logic, his sense of self-persavation is not working? Maybe our spirit meduim can now do their work and find out about tds flip....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »

I would if he talked at all.  He hasn't spoken yet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 24, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »

One more hour, if no-one uses an extend.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:07 pm »

2 minutes...
I should go ahead and lock the thread to write up the day results now, but won't just yet...

Edit: OK, locking.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:59:32 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 24, 2014, 08:08:18 pm »

Day 2 has ended

The embers of the torches and the fire built in the middle of the room die down, and darkness starts to descend. A cardboard cutout of a videogame hero is tossed onto the fire to keep it going, and discussion becomes hushed as BlitzDungeoneer is pushed forward.
The flames leap from the fire, onto him, and the guy pushing him forward, who was just some minor person who had been in the store for reasons unrelated to the release of the game, and had no stones; someone quickly rescues shakerag from the fire, but Blitz is not saved. He is completely consumed and turns to ash.

BlitzDungeoneer has died. He was Town.

BlitzDungeoneer
Alignment: Town
Wincon: When all Anti-town factions are dead.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki
(Night) Character Growth [Self]: You gain a new power or auto. This ability can only be used once per night regardless of extra actions.
(Auto) Bright Freaking Orange: It is revealed at the end of each phase if you targeted anyone that phase, and who you targeted.
(Auto) Immense Chakra Potential: You may take two actions each night, even if they are the same one.
(Night) Shadow Clone Technique[Self]: You create a clone of yourself. Any action targeting you has an equal chance of hitting you or one of your clones (More clones means less chance of hitting you). If a clone is actioned, it disapears.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada
(Night) Cicada's Song [Target]: You may sing and distract your target, preventing them from using any abilities that night. (Roleblock)
(Night) Eyes in the Sky [Target]: You fly over your target and keep track of anyone that they target.
(Auto) Massively Durable Bug: You start the day with negative four votes on you. Having negative votes means you have less votes against you than anyone who hasn't voted.

You also pick up the following roles:
Think tank
(Night) Delegate Policy [Target1, Target2]: Target 1 targets Target 2 with one of the following of your choice: Doctor Protection, Investigation, Watcher. This works even if they don't have the ability, and does not use their action.
(Night) Borrow Thoughts [Target1, Target2]: You use a random night action that Target 1 possesses on Target 2.

The FHPBYOR Role That Hunts Canadian Government Departments [Shakeragian]
(Night) Government Hunting [Target]: If your target has a Canadian Government branch as a role, you remove that role from them. You do not get the role. If they have two or more, you kill them instead.

asdjklghAFJGaagkhasdjhasHMCVe
(Auto) FistKey: You must include one or more non-words in each post you make, or you cannot use KeyFist the next night.
(Night) KeyFist [Target]: As long as your target did not use an ability, you kill them.

Magnesium [Elemental Role]
(Night) Dangerously Reactive [Target]: Your target loses a random power. If the power came from a non-noble gas Elemental Role, the target dies.

Neon [Elemental Role]
(Auto) Really, Really bright: Your targets are publically known at the end of each phase.
(Auto) Noble Gas: The Dangerously Reactive power does not apply to you as if you were not an Elemental Role.

Berilium [Elemental Role]
(Auto) X-Ray Transparency: Power-based information learned about you is always sane.

Gag-tie
(Day) Squirt [Target]: Your target is publicly revealed to be soaked. Nothing happens to a soaked person, it's just revealed that they are.

Dr. Stephen Maturin
(Night) Ship's Surgeon [Target]: You protect your target from being killed. However, if nobody attempts to kill your target, you kill them instead.
(Auto) Drug Adict: Any information you learn from powers has a 50% chance of being false, this stacks with any other sources of misinformation.

Night 2 begins, and will end Friday, September 26

The leaping flames leave no fuel left burning, and attempts to restart the fire fail. The store is completely dark, except for in the corner where someone found a flashlight.
The Cyan Menace

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Night 2: You are likely to get eaten by a grue
« Reply #1012 on: September 25, 2014, 03:26:48 am »

In which I apologise

Sorry Blitz! Here's a tip: if you're town, use your damn vote. Reluctance to press cases is a reasonably strong scumtell. Don't let the fear of mislynching stop you: if town don't pull the trigger, no scum will die.

So we're entering the double night. Once again, can I remind you all that unless you have a power like Blitz's "X-Ray Transparency", your role power information will not be sane. As such, if you're not sane and you are town I advise you doing something else with your night actions if possible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 25, 2014, 03:37:04 am »

::)
OH LOOK, THE NEWBIE GOT LYNCHED. HOW HAPPY ARE YOU FOLKS NOW?

And it seems I am lacking my votes, though yet they display in the not-voting, aye?

The FHPBYOR Role That Hunts Canadian Government Departments [Shakeragian]
(Night) Government Hunting [Target]: If your target has a Canadian Government branch as a role, you remove that role from them. You do not get the role. If they have two or more, you kill them instead.
HOORAH.

As of note, nobody even voted for that one tiny rule. Thanks non-players, for making my life grumpy :I

*Tiruin punches NQT. Hmph.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 25, 2014, 03:39:48 am »

Retort:

Newbies have to learn sooner or later that they won't be given the benefit of the doubt indefinitely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 25, 2014, 04:03:11 am »

And scum have to learn sooner or later that tactics such as poking at lacking activity is a right'o way to ensure a wave to surf.
Now the question is: How sincere was that lynch?
I'M THE HAAAANGMAN~I TIE THE ROPE AND PULL THE LEVER AN- MUCH NEGATIVITY!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 25, 2014, 04:15:27 am »

Hmm

Do you think TDS will die in the night now? I wouldn't mind if he did.

Gay Archaea, I've got a theory... was Chemical Concoction a power that was added to 'Toaster' mid-way through the game?

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 25, 2014, 07:20:44 am »

Gay Archaea, I've got a theory... was Chemical Concoction a power that was added to 'Toaster' mid-way through the game?
Yes

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 25, 2014, 02:58:49 pm »

In which I apologise

Sorry Blitz! Here's a tip: if you're town, use your damn vote. Reluctance to press cases is a reasonably strong scumtell. Don't let the fear of mislynching stop you: if town don't pull the trigger, no scum will die.

So we're entering the double night. Once again, can I remind you all that unless you have a power like Blitz's "X-Ray Transparency", your role power information will not be sane. As such, if you're not sane and you are town I advise you doing something else with your night actions if possible.
And you only said this to blitz afterword because?

What are your thoughts on TDS?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 25, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »

Hmm

Persus
And you only said this to blitz afterword because?
I had no idea whether he was scum or town before. Now I know he's town, I'm giving newbie-town related advice. Among otherwise fairly competent players, reluctance to push cases is one of the more reliable scum tells (and I know this is from from a history of counting the cases players made). I recall Jiokuy making much the same excuses as Blitz did and then turning out to be an SK in Supernatural.

What are your thoughts on TDS?
Not pressing an alternative case to his own lynch is eyebrow raising at the least, and one wonders whether he killed himself (or had a team-mate kill him) knowing he wouldn't flip that way. Who the hell has a self-directed kill? I'm suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78