Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 177265 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 2: Gather round yon campfire of cardboard
« Reply #930 on: September 22, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »

Not to be rolefishing, but are any of the ones on the list yours? Because it looks like you got one from each player other than you, Toaster or UI.
I didn't trim the list any, so maybe?
It could have hit me, I don't know if people have the same stuff I might have.
So you have an auto that someone else might have on the list? Okay. Because I definitely have one of the autos on that list.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 22, 2014, 12:28:28 pm »

Well, I mean, the one at the bottom was the one I ended up with, but it's already been replaced with the one that brought back the post restriction.
I'm sorry if I'm not getting what you're meaning, I'm confused.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 22, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »

Ah, it all makes a bit more sense now. Due to a power I had, Cheese's action was copied onto every other player. Good job no one tried to day kill me... Perhaps thankfully, that one-shot is all used up now.

Blitz
NQT: The reason I have yet to vote is I didn't really have any reads on anybody, and I'd really rather not vote on someone who could be town when there isn't a possibility of them being scum as well, at least to me, otherwise I might as well just vote on any old person. I'm hoping to have some reads by the end of the day so I both vote, and have a suitable target for tracking.
Do you realise what you literally just said? You'd rather not vote town when there isn't a possibility of them being scum. Do you see what's wrong with that statement?

So, Tiruin, you care more about using powers than lynching scum. Precisely how many scum have been killed by powers so far?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 22, 2014, 01:16:58 pm »

PFP
NQT: Yhm, I do indeed. Only realised that after posting, and, well, isn't there a no-edit rule? Allow me to rephrase:
I would rather not vote on someone when I am uncertain of just how scummy they are, since then it's also entirely possible they're either town or allied to town.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 22, 2014, 05:32:41 pm »

TheDarkStar
Tiruin can't daykill
How did you know this?!

I meant that Tiruin had not claimed a daykill. It was in regard to why I found 4mask scummy iirc - he targeted a random person at the beginning of day 1 rather than trying to find an actual target.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 22, 2014, 05:35:04 pm »

Persus:
You have a vote on me with no reasoning. Why are you voting me/why do you find me scummy?
Because the only attack I remember you doing was on Varee for "using his town auto as a shield" when he didn't bring it up except in response to a question I asked.

So yes, you agree that Varee brought it up. Also, did you miss how I found 4mask scummy (obviously I don't now, though)?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 22, 2014, 06:14:37 pm »

TheDarkStar, TheDarkStar

Persus:
You have a vote on me with no reasoning. Why are you voting me/why do you find me scummy?
Because the only attack I remember you doing was on Varee for "using his town auto as a shield" when he didn't bring it up except in response to a question I asked.

So yes, you agree that Varee brought it up. Also, did you miss how I found 4mask scummy (obviously I don't now, though)?
Yes, how dare Varee bring up the power he had after I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HIM ABOUT IT:
Varee:
Can you describe your power that reveals your alignment more thoroughly?
Pfp
@persus :the power is pretty much an auto that say everyone knows my wincon.
In fact, Varee had only mentioned the power declaring him to be town when he was asked questions involving it (questions from both Tiruin and Mastahcheese). Otherwise his posts were dealing with whatever was going on with the thread at the time.

Not to mention that your attack was based of off a comment by Tiruin:
Quote from: TheDarkStar link=topic=142803.msg5652655#msg5652655 date=f1410478841
Pfp
...Didn't you say it was also like TDS' in which the alignment was still...err, question-possible?

Yeah, this is bugging me. Varee is using his town-claiming role as a defense after I've pointed out that it's worthless.
Tiruin was misremembering because Varee didn't say anything about his auto being like TDS, and instead of checking to see if that's the case, you went ahead and attacked Varee for it. And now you are still trying to make it look like it was a valid case. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced you're scum.

And I'm pretty sure everyone with a vote has voted 4maskwolf at some point, so you don't get town cred for that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:45 pm »

EBWOP: and Blitz

PFP
NQT: Yhm, I do indeed. Only realised that after posting, and, well, isn't there a no-edit rule? Allow me to rephrase:
I would rather not vote on someone when I am uncertain of just how scummy they are, since then it's also entirely possible they're either town or allied to town.
How do you intend do be 100% certain someone is scum?
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 22, 2014, 06:46:31 pm »

TheDarkStar, TheDarkStar

Persus:

Yes, how dare Varee bring up the power he had after I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HIM ABOUT IT:
Varee:
Can you describe your power that reveals your alignment more thoroughly?
Pfp
In fact, Varee had only mentioned the power declaring him to be town when he was asked questions involving it (questions from both Tiruin and Mastahcheese). Otherwise his posts were dealing with whatever was going on with the thread at the time.

Not to mention that your attack was based of off a comment by Tiruin:
Quote from: TheDarkStar link=topic=142803.msg5652655#msg5652655 date=f1410478841
Pfp
...Didn't you say it was also like TDS' in which the alignment was still...err, question-possible?

Yeah, this is bugging me. Varee is using his town-claiming role as a defense after I've pointed out that it's worthless.
Tiruin was misremembering because Varee didn't say anything about his auto being like TDS, and instead of checking to see if that's the case, you went ahead and attacked Varee for it. And now you are still trying to make it look like it was a valid case. So yeah, I'm pretty convinced you're scum.

And I'm pretty sure everyone with a vote has voted 4maskwolf at some point, so you don't get town cred for that.

1. What I mean by Varee using his power as shield is this: Because my power works whether or not I am actually town, it means that all similar powers are suspect. However, when I brought this up, Varee never changed what he said; he still talked/wrote as if he was confirmed town (or at least that was the impression I got; at this point, I find him less scummy). I asked him some questions that were never responded to (Varee: Please respond to them), and then I got distracted by 4maskwolf.

2. I misread Tiruin's post in the first place; I though that it read "Didn't you say it was like TDS', and his power was still...err, question-possible?" That's why I responded in a way that actually doesn't make sense with compared to the quote.

3. Why are you focusing on me so much? I've been your main focus for most of the game so far. You also only gave reasons for voting me after I pressured you to; before that, you simply had a reasonless vote.

4. In the quote from Varee, he words his auto description very similarly to mine.

5. In response to Varee talking about his role: Well, yes, he talked about it in response to questions. Most people talk about things in Mafia in response to questions. Also, you've gone from "He talked about it once" to "He talked about it several times". You keep changing what you claim the evidence is:

Persus:

That is just scummy. Persus13.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:26 pm »

@TDS: Umm what are the questions again? Also you are sounding pretty desprerate to defend your case against me? What up with that? My power and your result in the same thing doesnt mean there are the same, from what i understand you said that your power is "say i am town no matter what my alignment is"?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 22, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »

PARST RARSTRACTIN!
Oh, hey, votecount says I can't vote.  What fun.

I should note that my vote represents Toaster at the moment, so I quote him here from the dead chat exactly.

Message for notquitethere: "Of course town needs to kill to win. But killing scum is different from just killing. A bodycount of all townies fulfills the 'keep killing' part of your message but not the 'town win becomes more likely' bit. You're advocating bloodshed for its own sake, scum."
I lied a little, I actually quoted Urist Imiknorris. He's also been saying that he lied a little about his role claim. He is also saying disturbing things in the dead chat.
GayArchaea: Is there a reason for your initial lie?  What sort of disturbing things?

Day 2: Deciding that's a lame power, I target Jack AT, thinking he was unlikely to be dangerous to target, since some people are rather volatile.
Wind up getting the damn post restriction again.

Fuck you, Jack.
mastahcheese: I confirm you targeted me today.  Why did you think I was unlikely to be dangerous to target?

Did you attempt to do any investigations last night?
NQT: I wish I could have.

I literally just used a random generator for it. So yeah.
Blitz: Why a random generator?
My general recommendation: go for your top suspect at any given time (though do take caution at MYLO/LYLO).  Each player in general is probably town, but I, for one, prefer taking out a weakly scummy player than nobody at all.  Helps us gain information.  Besides, the voting and justification of voting will be good practice.

Persus13: Why arrange your votes the way you did in this linked post?

So yes, you agree that Varee brought it up.
TheDarkStar: *headdesk* Are you really this incapable of engaging with the one repeatedly noted hole in your Varee case?  Are you seriously brushing the question response issue off completely this brazenly?
5. In response to Varee talking about his role: Well, yes, he talked about it in response to questions. Most people talk about things in Mafia in response to questions.
Alright, you're suddenly more willing to engage the issue.  Badly.  I'll ask this general question once more: how exactly is Varee stating/revealing specific information about his role in response to questions about that role evidence that Varee is using said specific information to shield himself from criticism?  How is that, if evidence, strong enough evidence for what was you conclusion about Varee?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 22, 2014, 07:09:16 pm »

Persus:
TWS: Have you posted yet today? How did bringing another set of eyes go.
No, not yet. I was away over the weekend. This game is still far too crazy to get any decent results out of, and I don't have a lot of time, but I'll try to do stuff.

NQT:
Sheep, Sheep
Those must be some good things if they're better than lynching scum.
Well? I'm prepared to be impressed.
Having a vote doesn't mean we'll lynch scum, especially in this game. I'm not comfortable with revealing the power I used yet, but rest assured that it is good.

Oh! Everyone should probably know that Wolf has a 50/50 chance of learning any power you use on him, so uh, bear that in mind. That's how he knows he was targeted by Carbon Copy:
Everyone: Alright, which one of you schmucks hit me with carbon copy and what did you get?
Why would you give out that information, when it benefits scum almost exclusively?

GayArchaea:
Also please revive me, I can obscure the roleflips of those killed during the night.
And I can make sure that not only one day, but TWO days can be skipped in total when I die again due to killing another player.
Also I need half the Town and all of the Scum dead, that's got to help my case.
What?

These are all good reasons not to revive you. Roleflips are useful only when they're not obscured. Days are where we find mafia, and shouldn't be skipped. Other people who die that aren't hybrid town don't need half the town dead, so are more pro-town than you.

Also, can you tell us what kind of messages they're sending the scum?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Vote Count
« Reply #943 on: September 22, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »

Votecount
Spoiler: Darkling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Darkling (click to show/hide)
(* = used 1 extension)
Day ends Wednesday, September 24th, 7:00 PM Alberta Time. (Approximately 49 hours from this post)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:15:48 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 22, 2014, 07:15:00 pm »

Oh, hey, votecount says I can't vote.  What fun.
Oops. Fixing.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78