Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Quinnspiracy Scandal  (Read 17039 times)

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quinnspiracy Scandal
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2014, 04:25:50 am »

This breach of ethics being, what, a woman having sex with multiple people? What a scandal.

The breach being at least one of those people (which is confirmed, allegedly there are more) has entered into a relationship (sexual or romantic) with another person, and they are in a position where they can promote that person's work. The breach being made worse by the fact there was no full disclosure of this and that that person's own boss did not find out until earlier this month (when their relationship started in April).

Please do not make this a sexism issue, because it is not.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2014, 04:27:29 am »

Are you talking about Nathan Grayson? Because he never actually made any articles about her game when he was 'alleged' to be in a relationship with her.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2014, 04:28:24 am »

Are you talking about Nathan Grayson? Because he never actually made any articles about her game when he was 'alleged' to be in a relationship with her.

Please go read through the spoilered section in the first post in this thread.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2014, 04:29:54 am »

I'm not interested in what 'allegedly' happened. If you have proof that she entered into a relationship with somebody and they then promoted her games, you're free to show it. Otherwise, you're just flinging mud wherever you can - it's clear you have no engagement in this community and have just come here to make people angry at someone.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:40 am »

I'm not interested in what 'allegedly' happened. If you have proof that she entered into a relationship with somebody and they then promoted her games, you're free to show it. Otherwise, you're just flinging mud wherever you can - it's clear you have no engagement in this community and have just come here to make people angry at someone.

Nathan Grayson released an article written almost exclusively about Zoe Quinn on the 31st of March 2014. According to the head of Kotaku Stephen Totilo, Nathan Grayson informed Stephen that he and Zoe entered into a relationship "early April".

This means there is, at most, seven days between the release of the article and the time they both entered into a relationship, according to their own account of the matter. I don't know how quickly people enter into a relationship for most of the world, but seven days isn't enough time for two people who barely know each other to go from a purely professional relationship to doing the bedroom boogie.

This is according to their own account, no one else's. If you feel this is ridiculous, then you have every right to.

Please do not make attacks on my character without any evidence to it. Thank you. :)
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2014, 04:38:36 am »

an article written almost exclusively about Zoe Quinn

Bullshit. That article was not 'almost exclusively about Zoe Quinn' and early April does not mean 'seven days', nor does 'a romantic relationship' mean having sex. You're making things up.

Please do not allege that I am making attacks on your character without any evidence to it. Thank you. :)
I've played some mafia.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2014, 04:41:07 am »

This means there is, at most, seven days between the release of the article and the time they both entered into a relationship, according to their own account of the matter. I don't know how quickly people enter into a relationship for most of the world, but seven days isn't enough time for two people who barely know each other to go from a purely professional relationship to doing the bedroom boogie.

This is according to their own account, no one else's. If you feel this is ridiculous, then you have every right to.
I agree with pointing some well deserved skepticism their way (as few others seem willing to) but the bolded is conjecture (that I also believe incorrect as they have many of the same associates and have proven less scrupulous than desired). Though I recall images of the whole gang together supposedly before the Jam in my forays. (Probably also in InterAristo's videos unfortunately, so grains o' salt)

Please do not make this a sexism issue, because it is not.
While I agree sexism does not seem to be your main point/agenda it does seem related from the image in
this post. So I conclude (guess) that your "big issue" is the general corruption manifest and how it is currently using the inherent/implied double standards in our society against us?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2014, 04:44:29 am »

Bullshit. That article was not 'almost exclusively about Zoe Quinn' and seven days does not mean 'early April', nor does 'a romantic relationship' mean having sex. You're making things up.

Please do not allege that I am making attacks on your character without any evidence to it. Thank you. :)

In my opinion, the article was almost exclusively about Zoe Quinn and how she suffered at the hands of Matti Leshem. Others are fully able to make their own opinions on the matter. As far as I am concerned, there is no other way to define early April. I am interested in the fact that they also did not define early April, but I figure that's to encourage discussions such as this. A romantic relationship is still a considerable step from a professional one, assuming (of course) they had a professional relationship beforehand.

There's plenty of evidence in this thread. :D

If you are not here to discuss the matter at hand, but instead to level wild accusations at me, please leave. :)

I agree with pointing some well deserved skepticism their way (as few others seem willing to) but the bolded is conjecture (that I also believe incorrect as they have many of the same associates and have proven less scrupulous than desired). Though I recall images of the whole gang together supposedly before the Jam in my forays. (Probably also in InterAristo's videos unfortunately, so grains o' salt)

I am not suggesting they were having sex, merely that seven days is a short time to go from a professional relationship to a sexual.

While I agree sexism does not seem to be your main point/agenda it does seem related from the image in this post. So I conclude (guess) that your "big issue" is the general corruption manifest and how it is currently using the inherent/implied double standards in our society against us?

It's a combination of that and the fact that all the news sites have jumped on similar but with different actors in the past.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:46:29 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:02 am »

In my opinion

Yes. Your opinion. This is the most solid 'evidence' you have to bear, and it comes down entirely to your opinion.

If the only reason you're posting in this forum is to level wild accusations at someone who you hate for reasons unknown, please leave.
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:41 am »

Yes. Your opinion. This is the most solid 'evidence' you have to bear, and it comes down entirely to your opinion.

If the only reason you're posting in this forum is to level wild accusations at someone who you hate for reasons unknown, please leave.

Like I have said, my goal is not to level accusations, merely to bring the evidence to light and let people make a decision for themselves.

If you can tell me what's wrong with that, please do.

Relatively Breaking News: The Young Fine Capitalists (the inclusive game jam creators) have had their IndieGOGO page hacked and now it looks as if it is closed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:51:34 am by (int) magicMissile »
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2014, 04:51:03 am »

Because the entirety of your 'evidence' is your opinion. There's nothing solid to it, it's merely your conjecture. And your conjecture is that Zoe Quinn is a terrible person (And there's a conspiracy to keep this out of public eye because ???)

Surely you can find a better place to stoke a mob to hate this person you obsess about?
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2014, 04:53:43 am »

Because the entirety of your 'evidence' is your opinion. There's nothing solid to it, it's merely your conjecture. And your conjecture is that Zoe Quinn is a terrible person (And there's a conspiracy to keep this out of public eye because ???)

Surely you can find a better place to stoke a mob to hate this person you obsess about?

No, my opinion is that this is happening. The evidence is simple facts. There is a difference. You cannot change the value of facts, they merely exist as they are. That is the reason they are facts and evidence.

I have no doubt I could. However, I could not do it without sacrificing my integrity (that thing some people have) and my personal ethics (again, a thing that people have in order to make themselves feel better). I do not wish to sway people any particular way, I merely want them to have the evidence to decide for themselves.
I Love Bacon

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2014, 04:54:51 am »

Provide the 'facts', then.
Oh wait, we already talked about the 'facts' and it turns out that it was complete bullshit? Well, I'm sure if you repeat that they're 'facts' enough they'll become facts, right?
I've played some mafia.

(int) magicMissile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2014, 04:58:54 am »

Provide the 'facts', then.
Oh wait, we already talked about the 'facts' and it turns out that it was complete bullshit? Well, I'm sure if you repeat that they're 'facts' enough they'll become facts, right?

The facts are all the sources linked in the original post that you are wilfully ignoring. :)

One of the new facts is that The Fine Young Capitalists has got "hacked" for no reason other than to hurt an inclusive game jam. It certainly does not seem to be 4chan. Sources: 1, 2, 3
I Love Bacon

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

I am not suggesting they were having sex, merely that seven days is a short time to go from a professional relationship to a sexual.

Odd. I'm pretty sure I know people who do this in the space of about an hour.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9