Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 800343 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #2130 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:31 am »

Purchaseable cheat codes prolly. Dunno how they work really, but that sounds like it's possible.
Or he just cheatengined some marines health to never drop down and then used them to murderize everything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Nonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 18, 2015, 10:29:34 am »

Purchaseable cheat codes prolly. Dunno how they work really, but that sounds like it's possible.
Or he just cheatengined some marines health to never drop down and then used them to murderize everything.

Nope, I did everything through Cheat Engine, and nope, I didn't hack their health. It takes a while to set up the chapter on a new game, but I have already described the basic steps in my previous post. Just to reiterate:

-Have Slow and Purposeful for survivability
-Give everyone either Artificier or Tartaros armors plus Rosariuses.
-For assault marines also give Storm Shields for further survivability.
-Raid, Raid, Raid. While normal battles through Attack are good against Orks because of their vehicle-bug (most of the time, at rampant they get Tank-bustas that chew through your Predators like tissue-paper), raids are infinitely safer against everything else if you have the above-mentioned army because the enemy also doesn't have access to vehicles and heavy units, meaning they cannot deal enough damage to break through the armor of your marines. I have beaten Rampant Tyranid armies with this without suffering a single injury.
-If all else fails, Bombard. It is especially useful on already devastated worlds where there would be no civilian casualties. My last playthrough started with something like ten such systems controlled by tyranids. It's also fun to see colonists retake them later, though it may take years after you are done with them.

On top of that having the right STC upgrades also helps. Here's how to get them:
-Get an STC fragment.
-Save
-In CE, search for 1, type:Double
-Spend it. It will either give you a Gear, Vehicle or Ship point. Take note of this, as there are actually a different type of STC for each type that are stored separately.
-Now search for 0. If you are lucky there are only going to be a few addresses. If you are really lucky, there might be only one. You are probably not going to get lucky though, so here's a tip: Look for an outlying address, usually that's the one.
-If you can't find it at all, reload your save and start from the beginning. The game recalculates all addresses on loading.
-Once you have the address, set it to 10 and save to a different slot.
-Now go max out that particular upgrade type. If you don't like the random upgrades, reload and try again until you get what you want (I personally always go for armor/survival upgrades)

Note that since there are three different types of STCs, you have to do this three times to max out everything. It's worth it though.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:32:07 am by Nonymous »

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 18, 2015, 11:10:11 am »

I've been trying to wipe out a tyranid infestation on a planet in the same system as my forge world. I can drop their presence to moderate through bombardment, but when I try to attack or raid, I get this.

of Draw Event
for object obj_drop_select:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1271] out of range [1,1100] - 105675.marine_ranged(100818,1271)
at gml_Script_scr_battle_roster
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_battle_roster (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_drop_select_Draw_0

The annoying thing is, I can also do bombardment, but it targets Imperial forces and not the tyranids, and I can't change who it targets.

Nonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 18, 2015, 11:18:32 am »

I've been trying to wipe out a tyranid infestation on a planet in the same system as my forge world. I can drop their presence to moderate through bombardment, but when I try to attack or raid, I get this.

of Draw Event
for object obj_drop_select:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1271] out of range [1,1100] - 105675.marine_ranged(100818,1271)
at gml_Script_scr_battle_roster
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scr_battle_roster (line 0)
gml_Object_obj_drop_select_Draw_0

The annoying thing is, I can also do bombardment, but it targets Imperial forces and not the tyranids, and I can't change who it targets.

Yeah, this kind of thing happens a lot. Wait a few turns. As far as I can see these kind of crashes happen because some of the enemy's combat roster is bugged (probably related to placement). If you let them build up a little it will change their roster and you should be able to attack them. Same thing happened to me with a Necron army.

As for the targeting, yeah, that's a really annoying bug. Honestly, I would really prefer if there would be more focus on bugfixes and less on new features. Yes, yes, giving us the option to hold a feast sounds nice, but do you know what sounds even better? Being able to play the game without it crashing pr bugging out all the time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:38:27 am by Nonymous »

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 18, 2015, 11:30:28 am »

The Festival related stuff probably could have waited, since it doesn't seem to have any mechanical effect at all.

On the same note of 'not having noticeable effects', I've built a Lair, but apparently I can't do anything with it aside from adding features. Also, when I buy minor artefacts, I get useless ones like a Chalice or a casket, which I can't equip, and gifting it doesn't net me any brownie points with the other factions, because I bought them or something rather than finding or making it. I'd destroy them, but then again, my librarium has been rather bare bones as of late.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 18, 2015, 11:45:21 am »

As for the targeting, yeah, that's a really annoying bug. Honestly, I would really prefer if there would be more focus on bugfixes and less on new features. Yes, yes, giving us the option to hold a feast sounds nice, but do you know what sounds even better? Being able to play the game without it crashing pr bugging out all the time.
I second that. Whilst new content is great, I've pretty much stopped playing just due to the endless crashes. I know Duke does a fantastic job at fixing a lot of bugs and it's hellishly hard work, but I'd really appreciate a sort of 'stable release' (like a lot of RLs do) if that's at all possible. It'd be a good milestone and would allow people who just want a bit of stability to have a solid version to go back to.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 18, 2015, 12:10:23 pm »

out of curiosity, if I want to go penitent, do I just commit acts that drop my loyalty?

Once i do go penitent, what conditions do I have to fulfill to regain loyalty?

Nonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 18, 2015, 12:48:02 pm »

Aaaaand there goes this playthrough. I had a Black Crusade on my hands, so I built up my bombarding fleet with a few more Battle Barges. There was no problem with the actual crusade (I waited for them to lose ships due to attrition against the Imperial Crusade I called down on the systems and then went around and bombed/raided the stragglers to oblivion), but then I suddenly couldn't find my chapter master.

I looked around, and it turned out I got hit by the fleet bug, except in my case a couple of Battle Barges outright poofed out of existence... Including the one that held my CM, the first company and the entire HQ... And I only noticed this about thirty turns after the fact, and I am really not in the mood to reload from that far and try to beat the Black Crusade again, but without extra fleet power...

Oh, also, another bug, this one is more funny: I got a Necron Tomb quest, so I got four scouts, outfitted them with bikes and bombs and all that jazz, sent them in, they got into a fight against five Necron Warriors and one Immortal... And then out of nowhere the remaining 100+ Scouts also appeared on the battlefield and sniped the fuck out them, and it didn't even fail the mission. Those Scouts, they are a sneaky bunch.  :D

Now if you excuse me, all this talk about WH40k gave me a sudden urge to re-read a Ciaphas Cain book. Adios.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:50:52 pm by Nonymous »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 18, 2015, 12:51:04 pm »

Oh, also, another bug, this one is more funny: I got a Necron Tomb quest, so I got four scouts, outfitted them with bikes and bombs and all that jazz, sent them in, they got into a fight against five Necron Warriors and one Immortal... And then out of nowhere the remaining 100+ Scouts also appeared on the battlefield and sniped the fuck out them, and it didn't even fail the mission. Those Scouts, they are a sneaky bunch.  :D

"Brother, where are our scouts?"

"They claimed they sensed battle brothers in danger and left to join the fray."

"Did they take a transport?"

"No, they are sneaking through space to the tomb."
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 18, 2015, 01:52:16 pm »

You know, I wonder if Duke could add in a feature later where you can take your chapter on a crusade and play out the crusade. Or, if you're chapter is overstrength enough to split up into two, do a new game with the new chapter.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 18, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »

The Festival related stuff probably could have waited, since it doesn't seem to have any mechanical effect at all.

On the same note of 'not having noticeable effects', I've built a Lair, but apparently I can't do anything with it aside from adding features. Also, when I buy minor artefacts, I get useless ones like a Chalice or a casket, which I can't equip, and gifting it doesn't net me any brownie points with the other factions, because I bought them or something rather than finding or making it. I'd destroy them, but then again, my librarium has been rather bare bones as of late.
It's a matter of laying down framework before filling it in. Of course, there's more things that could be filled in first, but often it's easier to do bits of everything, jumping between them. And it can be more exciting too.

knife23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 18, 2015, 03:14:18 pm »

Do the other factions give you missions? I mean, I get plenty of missions from the Inquisition, but what about Admech or Ecclisiarchy? Or, Eldar and Tau?

snowdrifts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 18, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

AdMech sometimes want to destroy a Land Raider or kill some marines with bionics - you get rep and requisition, and they don't ALWAYS die/get destroyed (but usually); Ecclisiarchy don't; I've been waiting on a crusade to see if going adds Imperium reputation, but otherwise no, unless you count planetary governors requesting aid; there's not much Tau stuff so I'd assume no; and never been friendly enough with the Eldar to get one, but they do ask for requisition, at least once.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 18, 2015, 08:01:11 pm »

"CREEEEED!"
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2144 on: August 18, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »

"CREEEEED!"
If it was Lord Commander Ursarkar, it would be 100+ Baneblades. Possibly those lost by Vance Motherfucking Stubbs.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 288