Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798324 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:36 pm »

Sounds more complicated then it should be to do that.  Just visually abstract it to generic portraits swinging back and forth, on the screen.  With text at the bottom saying stuff.

EDIT: Oh yea, campy shpess mahreen sound bytes too.  Including ones for all the enemies you fight.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:54:36 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2014, 01:55:37 pm »

We all want to actually see terminators/captains/cm go ballistic with appropriate amounts of gore graphics and murder like 20 units each per melee swing.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »

We all want to actually see terminators/captains/cm go ballistic with appropriate amounts of gore graphics and murder like 20 units each per melee swing.

Then call Relic and ask them to do it. Because that level of detail and graphicalness seems well outside the scope of the project.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:29 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2014, 11:10:22 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.   :D

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:14 am »

Content over graphics any day.

However, if there is a way to outsource this to some other folks, why not? Once the UI is something close to finished, make a simple strategic view that functions through tilesets or something. Then let some artsy fartsy volunteers craft awesome graphics if they are so inclined. (and get assassinated by GW ninja squad afterwards for copyright blah blah.)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:26 pm »

Seems you are wrong.  Oh well.  The only kind of graphics I like devs to spend time on are UI updates.  Ones that make it so I don't have to spend an hour sorting my marines.  :P

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2014, 01:12:15 pm »

This error popped up when I landed my whole chapter on our recruiting world, which had reached high enough corruption that heretics appeared and turned it into a daemon world.

It was the highest possible number of enemies possible I think. I chose a defensive battle.

of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_ncombat:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,1] out of range [1,1] - 111140.hp(100395,1)
at gml_Object_obj_ncombat_Alarm_0
############################################################################################
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2014, 04:08:26 pm »

I had something like this in the previous version. I think the game doesn't have all the daemon forces referenced correctly yet, which isn't too surprising as daemon worlds have been really rare in all of the games I've played so far.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »

I've had the same thing happen, it was my first shot as a crusader chapter.  Eventually, my crusade score went below 0, and everyone warred against me.  Whoops. 

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 29, 2014, 05:18:56 pm »

Its fun, but annoying that there are situations that cause a endless loop (Right now every single turn necrons take over the same planet again and again, even if I completly destroy them and have ground troops with plasma bombs there) - after a lot of fighting all my guys basically vetted out thou, so thats nice.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:25 pm »

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.   :D
siged

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2014, 05:10:21 am »

Update is here!

Librarians use powers and have perils of the warp now.
Techmarines now repair all vehicles.
Spess wolves are in.
Improved legibility (with selecting marines and vehicles in the management screen).

Next update will probably focus on better military support, SoB and Mechanicus armies, and potentially allied space marine chapters. That is the plan.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 01, 2014, 05:28:38 am »

That is the plan.

The famous last words of every Imperial Guard Officer ever.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 01, 2014, 11:18:03 am »

Where do you find the changelogs?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 288