Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 288

Author Topic: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!  (Read 798905 times)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Master - In the name of the Emperor!
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

Where does one go to read through this mess of I Can't Follow?

Just the basics, please.
Orks just like to kill

Tyranids just like to eat

Necrons like to destory shit and laugh

Human get to eat shit

Tau dose nothing and live on each day because of that

Eldar just like to fuck mind then laugh

Dark Eldar like to fuck the body then mind then laugh while doing both

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2014, 09:45:11 pm »

Just the basics, please.

If you want to know the gritty details about everything in the thread, the Lexicanum is your best choice. It's the best 40k wiki, and has lots of articles and details on everything in the 40k universe. I think Wikipedia as has some broad overviews too if you're looking for something simple. But if you want something more light and don't mind a lot of crude humour, then 1d4chan is an option. It's also not a chan but a wiki for a chan, but whatever. 1d4chan is definitely NSFW, but it is also less dry and includes stuff besides pure lore. Like a bit of mechanics, history, customer reactions, and other interesting, tangential information like that. Also memes. Lots of memes.

Also, I'd include links, but I'm lazy and so will assume that you google these sites.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2014, 09:48:30 pm »

Just the basics, please.
Orks just like to kill

Tyranids just like to eat

Necrons like to destory shit and laugh

Human get to eat shit

Tau dose nothing and live on each day because of that

Eldar just like to fuck mind then laugh

Dark Eldar like to fuck the body then mind then laugh while doing both
But you're neglecting the best Space Marine chapter ever made!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2014, 09:51:43 pm »

You know, for a minute there I thought that the picture would be about the Ultrasmurfs. Not that I'm complaining of course. Complaining would be heresy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »

Blood magpies steal the show again, huzzah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »

So, an inquisitor decided to inspect my fleet as it was departing on a crusade. After some ultimatum I could not comply with, the Imperium turned on me :/

Hope it get refined some more, very promising.

Is there any reason not to attack with all your forces on raids? Seem like it's always the optimum strategy. It would be cool if you had to crack the planetary defenses with specialized small scale raids before sending the whole chapter down.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:23 pm »

So, an inquisitor decided to inspect my fleet as it was departing on a crusade. After some ultimatum I could not comply with, the Imperium turned on me :/

Hope it get refined some more, very promising.

Is there any reason not to attack with all your forces on raids? Seem like it's always the optimum strategy. It would be cool if you had to crack the planetary defenses with specialized small scale raids before sending the whole chapter down.
Far as I can tell, you need people to die so you get gene seeds.

I've yet to see a geneseed income that doesn't involve your people dying, but I suppose after you've been to a Crusade, you're set in the gene seed department, though you may be sorely lacking in Marines on the other hand.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »

The other reason would be that if you want to get a certain unit more XP only send them into combat

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:17 pm »

You know, for a minute there I thought that the picture would be about the Ultrasmurfs. Not that I'm complaining of course. Complaining would be heresy.
I thought it was gonna be Kitty Marines: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/450975.page
The Kitty Sisters of Battle were awesome, I knew guys were working on marine chapters too...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:37 am »

That kitty creature looks like something Slaanesh would create. Blood magpies, though, are an awesome concept. They should next start "finding" planets by whisking them away into warp.

Re: world fluff, don't forget that Imperium has a policy of exterminating all xenos they meet. So if Imps happen to find, say, a civilization that haven't developed space flight yet... well, sucks to be you, lizard cavemen. *BOOM!* That is what Imps supposedly tried to do to Tau before they got off their homeplanet.

Re: Emperor being goodie good, isn't this the dude that wanted to exterminate all Eldar so humans could have sole access to Webways? Going around committing genocide sounds pretty naughty to me. Plus it is implied other, smaller xeno species were exterminated at the order of the Emperor. Doesn't really matter what the dude was or wasn't, though - Imperium itself is a genocidal facist state. It reminds me a lot of Torquemada in Nemesis series, I bet Evil Empire dudes read those comics in the eighties a lot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2014, 12:48:29 am »

The Emperor's rationale was that all sapient xenos had to be destroyed in order to remove their threat to humanity, real or theoretical. I don't think anybody argues that the Emperor was a good guy, he was the worst, most genocidal tyrant in history (see: The Last Church). Things were much better in the Dark Age of Technology, which from what records survive was pretty Star Trek and Noblebright, at least for humanity. To put it into perspective, one of the Mechanicus Arks has a dorsally mounted chrono cannon (it shoots you through time) from the DAoT. This chrono canon, being operated purely by the Ark's machine spirit, one-shotted a Necron cruiser which was handing the Imperial forces their teeth.

That is why finding a full STC is the human victory condition. That is why the Adeptus Mechanicus uses most of their fleets to fanatically track down five-thousand year old fragments of maps written on napkins that vaguely describe the last place they saw an STC. Nobody could stand against the Imperium if they got their hands on DAoT equipment. One of the tanks that the Imperial Guard uses in M41 is a fucking farming tractor with guns on it, because that managed to survive, and it is very serviceable as a weapon. The actual tank-equivalents would be easy to build Titans that tower into the lower edge of space and are used to siege moons and continents.

Also, it should be noted that the policy against xenos is far more de jure than de facto. Humans are by and large horrifically xenophobic, but the further you get from Terra the more likely you are to see interaction. First it's just a few natives who managed to avoid extermination trying to get along in the Underhives. Then it's the alien being horrible and deserving of extermination, but that would be so much work, and the hardcore Imperial factions never come here. Then you get out to the Eastern Fringe and you have people who were only brought back to the Imperium in the last few centuries, and they'll happily work with the xeno they know against the xeno that's trying to eat the entire galaxy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:52:04 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2014, 01:41:29 am »

ptw

That kitty creature looks like something Slaanesh would create. Blood magpies, though, are an awesome concept. They should next start "finding" planets by whisking them away into warp.
*coughAureliacough*
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2014, 02:52:19 am »

Well, some people were stating Emperor was LG, so just pointing out his genocidal policies... Though to be honest, D&D alignments suck ass anyway. It all comes down to paladins murdering goblin children etc in the end.

Also, it should be noted that the policy against xenos is far more de jure than de facto. Humans are by and large horrifically xenophobic, but the further you get from Terra the more likely you are to see interaction. First it's just a few natives who managed to avoid extermination trying to get along in the Underhives. Then it's the alien being horrible and deserving of extermination, but that would be so much work, and the hardcore Imperial factions never come here. Then you get out to the Eastern Fringe and you have people who were only brought back to the Imperium in the last few centuries, and they'll happily work with the xeno they know against the xeno that's trying to eat the entire galaxy.

Yeah sure and then Inquisition comes calling, executing thousands for not shooting xenos on sight. That would actually be a fun campaign to play in 40k - being democratic activists who want to, you know, end all the fucked up shit. It would need careful balancing to keep things going without asshatting with Chaos or something, while avoiding extermination and so forth. Of course it would all go to shit in the end, but it might still be a good story. Best possible result would be getting alive into Tau space and turning to them, I guess. Even if they are mindfuckers, they are better than the other options.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 29, 2014, 03:59:13 am »

The fact is by the way the sources are spelt out siding with chaos entities mostly ends up with massive mind rape unless you are of some use for that entity.

It would be fun to read some chaos pov material for a change and see how this chaos chapter works in regards of low status cultist vs the life of low status mans on hive worlds

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 29, 2014, 04:04:49 am »

Does this game have a webpage beyond the 4chan link?  Is the first post still current with the latest download?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 288