Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: The Bay12 Island Project  (Read 16612 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Island Project
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2014, 01:03:12 am »

Just occured to me that I've been following this quite involvedly for almost 13 pages and haven't posted at all.

so, um, hi. People call me ace. I make things.

Settling is fun!
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:16 am »

I cleaned up the spreadsheet a little. Looks like we have more people in the Illinois cluster and another in California. San Fransisco is a bit far from OC and San Diego, but San Bernadino has a lot cheap desert close to interstate highways. Or, alternately, I might not be completely opposed to something in Napa Valley. Still though, the big group centered around Illinois seems the most likely so far.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2014, 01:28:53 am »

I cleaned up the spreadsheet a little. Looks like we have more people in the Illinois cluster and another in California. San Fransisco is a bit far from OC and San Diego, but San Bernadino has a lot cheap desert close to interstate highways. Or, alternately, I might not be completely opposed to something in Napa Valley. Still though, the big group centered around Illinois seems the most likely so far.

I used to live out in the Southern California desert. Plenty of land down there, and in some regards, a very supportive culture. Joshua Tree anyone?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2014, 01:34:36 am »

Thanks for cleaning it up.

I just got to a proper computer, and have discovered three things:
1. Automatic updates are daily. I have to manually update them for them to show up any faster. I'll try to do it as often as I can, but no promises.
2. Whoever lives in Alberta, you forgot the negative sign on the Longitude. EVERYBODY, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE POSITIVE LONGITUDE OR NEGATIVE. Otherwise, you'll show up as living in China.
Kittens and puppies, affectionately nuzzling you while a beautiful girl feeds you pizza and chocolate. Yay!
Idon'tevenwhowhatwhy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2014, 01:58:53 am »

PTW. This project certainly seems very interesting...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:31 am »

2. Whoever lives in Alberta, you forgot the negative sign on the Longitude. EVERYBODY, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE POSITIVE LONGITUDE OR NEGATIVE. Otherwise, you'll show up as living in China.
No, I remembered mine. It might have gotten removed when LordBucket cleaned up the formatting, but I distinctly remember putting a - sign.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2014, 03:37:45 am »

I'll take option three, thanks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:39 am »

Can I still join? I got no monies, but I can make soap and cheese.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2014, 06:14:04 am »

PTW. I'll go dig for my dad's book on how to build log cabins. Almost entirely unused, since he's even less of a handiman than me :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2014, 06:43:32 am »

Still though, the big group centered around Illinois seems the most likely so far.

Actually, average distance puts it in Southern Indiana, right around Bloomington.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

Still though, the big group centered around Illinois seems the most likely so far.

Actually, average distance puts it in Southern Indiana, right around Bloomington.

The "punk rock paradise"? I'd be cool settling around there.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:48 am »

PTW because of the space thread which was a great thing and this remind me of it and its early form

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:03 pm »

PTW because of the space thread which was a great thing and this remind me of it and its early form

Amen. I wish I could've seen the space thread to the end but right as we were getting rolling, severe medical emergency happened that had me in the hospital a while.

I hope it isn't actually a case of bay12hypotheticalsimulationitis disease.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

average distance puts it in Southern Indiana, right around Bloomington.

At some point we might benefit from vetting people for seriousness. Going with raw location averages might not be the best way to decide on location. With these numbers, any one person could potentially move the overall average by 100 miles. We don't want the guy offering to let us borrow his chainsaw move the site in a vector that makes it unpalatable to the guy who might otherwise have contributed $1000. I note that not one single person lives in the entire state the average lands in.

Zanzetkuken, Bauglir, Baffler, MaximumZero, Glloyd, ? and ? : Unless we get a bunch more people signing up, it's looking like this will be your project. Your cluster of map dots is ~1700 miles from me, so I'm pretty much out. If you guys want to do this, you totally can. Just for example, that property on ebay I linked yesterday is still listed for $202 (plus $250 transaction fee). ~$500 7 ways is under $100 each for 3.6 acres. If that's enough or not enough, or some of you are serious or not-serious, or if one of you wants to put it more money to be sure to have something a little closer to home...

...ball is your court. What do you seven want to do?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2014, 12:29:29 pm »

I'd be willing to pitch in, but a) I don't have the money on my account, because of... Measures (TM), family stuff, and will be able to access it shortly, and b) I would need more perspective in how this would work.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14