Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116976 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »

I think it's strange how anything higher than 10% in taxes is fatal, but might be explained in terms of there also being non-city taxes. I would love to become an independent city and ban emigration and set high taxes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:35 pm »

People seem to die all over the place.... then shut those places down if an automaton doesn't come and pick it up in a timely manner...  At least, I'm pretty sure I saw skulls over commercial areas.  Not sure about industrial.

11% tax seems to work?  Mind you, I still havn't gone further then the 5k milestone.

EDIT: Though, to be fair, I do keep my resident tax at 9%.  Cause I've had problems with the population disappearing during hard times and never recovering after that while at 11% resident tax.  (Detroit...)
The 11% seems to work fine on commercial and industry though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:55:41 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »

So, this broke paradox day-one sale records.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-breaks-paradox-day-one-sales-records/

In 24 hours, the game sold 250k copies.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »

The left/right arrow on the bottom left road looks like a battle-axe. Seems fitting.
This actually reminds me a bit of an intersection in my home town (although it technically only has 4 roads still).

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:25 pm »

When I first saw the screenshot above, I really seriously thought the left/right arrow on the road was a picture of a battleaxe. Dwarfy 4 LYFE!!!1one

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »

I wish there were 4 lane one way roads.  Unless I'm missing something here.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2015, 01:17:44 pm »

Can you make a round-about with only 1 way roads leading in to it? Will anyone drive on to it? *cackles maniacally*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2015, 01:18:28 pm »

hardly...seems to make sense really...it just means you wont find corpses laying around. In a normal city of thousands of people are you going to notice a citizen transition from sitting in the park to dying to going to the cemetery? most likely not. Lack of attention to a very tiny detail and little else.

That said such details are nice...I would love to see a citizen fall over and an ambulance show up and then hearses arriving at the local morgue to pick them up rather than just scooping them up from a random location.

Two people lived in the city and they occupied different parks. Nobody was noticing anybody.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:40 pm »

Can you make a round-about with only 1 way roads leading in to it? Will anyone drive on to it? *cackles maniacally*
Yes you can make one. Nobody will ever use it though because they calculate the whole path prior to taking the road and would see no exit.

If you removed a road after they were on the roundabout they will simply vanish and return to their origin point once they get to where the road should have been.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

Yes you can make one. Nobody will ever use it though because they calculate the whole path prior to taking the road and would see no exit.

If you removed a road after they were on the roundabout they will simply vanish and return to their origin point once they get to where the road should have been.
Ah, I figured. Oh well. Will still probably pick this up soon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38:30 pm »

9:00PM: "This game isn't all that good. I've barely managed to get this city started and it's running itself. I'll just add one more windmill and call it a night... Well, I guess I need to get a little more water. And upgrade this road..."

2:00AM "Crap."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2015, 01:41:53 pm »

9:00PM: "This game isn't all that good. I've barely managed to get this city started and it's running itself. I'll just add one more windmill and call it a night... Well, I guess I need to get a little more water. And upgrade this road..."

2:00AM "Crap."

Sounds about right. I had to be somewhere last night and ended up late because I kept finding little things I needed to do.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2015, 02:20:17 pm »

The hearse comes before the person dies? That's some shoddy programming.
I believe this apparent effect is caused by the fact that the game only tells you that someone has died when they've been sitting on the grocery store floor for too long IE, the hearse is late to pick them up. Just like the garbage markers over houses only represent places that haven't seen a garbage truck in too long.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2015, 02:28:14 pm »

The hearse comes before the person dies? That's some shoddy programming.
I believe this apparent effect is caused by the fact that the game only tells you that someone has died when they've been sitting on the grocery store floor for too long IE, the hearse is late to pick them up. Just like the garbage markers over houses only represent places that haven't seen a garbage truck in too long.
If you see the dead icon its because there is a problem with the service. Speaking of shoddy, what i hate is their train, Its seem there is sooooooo many frigging train its ridiculous... Cant they have more cargo capacity instead of sending 12 train? They clog up the lanes no matter what i do, and im quite good a transport tycoon....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:29:46 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51