Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Servant"  (Read 865 times)

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
"Servant"
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:25 am »

I've never seen this before. What's a Servant?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: "Servant"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:06:32 am »

Never seen that either. You using any mods? Or did you custom name his profession?

You should definitly check his profile to see if he likes whips though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:22:04 am »

I think it might be from the Discipline skill. They don't get unhappy from being relieved from duty either, despite being peasants before they were conscripted.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:04:33 pm »

The only place the string "Servant" shows up in the game's executable is with procedurally-generated Divine creatures, so you are definitely using a mod of some sort.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:38:15 pm »

The modpack with the plants fix, leather fix and acceleration. I don't see why they'd mod that in, though - it doesn't fit the purpose of the pack at all.
I propose a test - in a vanilla install, train up a dwarf to have their highest skill be Discipline and make them a civilian.

edit: this mod Modest Accelerated Mash
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:39:53 pm by Authority2 »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:36:04 pm »

edit: this mod Modest Accelerated Mash
From creature_standard.txt, within the DWARF creature definition:
Code: [Select]
[PROFESSION_NAME:ADMINISTRATOR:servant:servants] otherwise all off-duty peasants become admins and this sounds weirdSo yeah, it's your mod.

In the future, always ALWAYS clearly state whether you are using modded raws (and which ones you're using), because otherwise you'll just waste other people's time when they try to figure out how something otherwise impossible in the vanilla game could be happening.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:38:15 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:40:34 pm »

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you!