Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Centralia Incident  (Read 2075 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
The Centralia Incident
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:29:29 pm »

Minimalist.

Standard D6.

Chunky Salsa.

A fire has broken loose in the mines of Centralia. The fire will eventually consume the planet whole. There a rescue ships on the way, but they only accept "important people". People unimportant will not be allowed, and stowaways will be shot on site. You are considered important if you are of nobility, or have a bribe of $1,000,000. Warning, even if you escape Centralia, you are not yet safe.

Idea taken from Harry's History.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Centralia Incident
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »

Name: Jacques Monroe

I have lived a life of absolute poverty for most of my life, until I began a business that began to lead me to wealth. Sadly, when the mines set aflame, I had a net worth of only $975,000. I tried to get to one of the ships the diplomatic way, and by bribery. Neither worked. But I'm getting on that damned ship, and I may need to use my old sneaky skills to use... One last time.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:39 pm »

Name: Mud

As long as I can remember, I've called the streets my home and the unwashed masses my brothers.  When I heard that the rescue ships had ridiculous cash requirements, I wasn't surprised.  Of course only the rich will be saved.  Why should society worry about us "scum?"  They never have before. 

Yes, the fools underestimate us, but it will be the last mistake they ever make.  The homeless are getting on those ships, and we're throwing the rich out to die in the fires.  The meek will rise.  Our time has come.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:40:31 pm by Nunzillor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 12:14:55 am »

I'm Pazo "Paz" Lersnik, youngish male telemarketer.

>Walk to the nearest Mexican restaurant, order a big bowl of chunky salsa.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 05:26:49 am »

@Yoink- There is no mexican restaurant. Your head becomes a bowl of chunky salsa. RESPAWN?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:59 am »

>Respawn as the lone Mexican on the planet.

>Open a Mexican restaurant selling chunky salsa.
There should be plenty of vacant shops what with the end of the world approaching!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:44 am »

@Nidilap
"Next." says a guard near a ship registration unit, signifying a vacancy, your vacancy, and you weren't allowed in the ship. You have no royal blood, and you just short of making the bribe. Hearing those words merely cemented the fact that you need in, NOW. But how?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:05 am »

@Nunzillor-
You are in an abandoned building, in your childhood neighborhood. It is filled to the brim with those who are down on their luck, and have no hope. Some have tried to entered, but failed, sometimes receiving brutal beatings and death for their troubles. Others have friends or relatives who only thought of themselves, and left them behind. You are in a pit of despair, what do you do?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 09:50:50 am »

@Nidilap
"Next." says a guard near a ship registration unit, signifying a vacancy, your vacancy, and you weren't allowed in the ship. You have no royal blood, and you just short of making the bribe. Hearing those words merely cemented the fact that you need in, NOW. But how?

Use stealth gained from years of being an urchin. An air duct before flight seems like a good idea.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:13 am »

I am Frederika Schnapps, sucked from a parallel timeline whilst trying to prevent a certain group from preventing the fire, I'm now stuck on this world with nothing but the clothes on my back, a dart gun, and a dapper bowler hat.

Creep up on the guards.
Take a closer look at this text!

Nunzillor

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »

Mud will scout the entrances to the ships and look for ways that a small force can enter without detection.  If there appear to be no such ways, he will at least note which entrances are more lightly guarded.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:43:47 pm by Nunzillor »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 05:03:35 am »

( Ships aren't here yet, but the important people get really luxurious waiting areas for the ships. What kind of timeline do you want this to be like. I was thinking a Victorian Future would be neat looking, like the Treasure Planet animated movie. I also probably should of expected everybody to congregate around the ship areas, but I didn't, I was expecting huge treks like 2012, where groups of survivors are all gathering supplies for the big event  )
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:23:26 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »

Name: Scumpiper

Ye, dis be gut time to be me. Me luk for a reech goy, I killim and take his rags, and pretent to bi he!
    Translation: "Yes, this is a good time to be myself, if I might say so. I plan to search around to find a noble, subdue him using an improvised club, take his clothes and assume his identity. Make sure to finish the poor sod off."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »

((A Treasure Planet-esque setting sounds good. Also, all we were informed of was that there was a fire and we needed to get on the boats.  :P Basically, sneaking aboard seemed the most reasonable.))
Take a closer look at this text!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 05:23:38 pm »

How dare you not have the ability to not read my mind, GET OUT! Yeah, I'm not blaming you for not knowing, I'll have you all who tried to get in a boat go into a posh waiting zone or something similar.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: [1] 2