Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are the requirements to become the mountainhome in 34.11?  (Read 871 times)

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know for sure what exactly you need to qualify as your civ's capital and attract the monarch?

Darulio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are the requirements to become the mountainhome in 34.11?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »

Does anyone know for sure what exactly you need to qualify as your civ's capital and attract the monarch?

Yes, many people know exactly what you need to qualify for the monarch, and they've even collected it all in one handy wiki!

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Monarch
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Fortress

If you can't glean the information you need from that, your fort has to be a metropolis, the requirements for which are in the fortress page.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 12:57:01 pm »

Yea I saw that, but is it accurate? that seems pretty easy to achieve under "normal" circumstances.

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:54:24 pm »

Yea I saw that, but is it accurate? that seems pretty easy to achieve under "normal" circumstances.

...Yes. Yes it's accurate. The wiki has trouble keeping up with new versions and being exactly correct with deep science but something as fundamental as the requirements for a monarch a full version ago are solidly reliable. You can even check older versions of the game to see how little it's changed. The talk page illuminates some quirks but isn't full of people complaining about it being grossly wrong.

This game is an alpha. The balance hasn't really been worked out yet. It's very, very easy to achieve goals once you have an understanding of how the game even works as long as you don't deliberately challenge yourself.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 03:11:39 pm »

So with regards to the 15000$ in architecture requirement, what exactly contributes to that category? Finished goods like furniture etc? Is there a complete list?

Thanks for the help btw

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 03:45:07 pm »

So with regards to the 15000$ in architecture requirement, what exactly contributes to that category? Finished goods like furniture etc? Is there a complete list?

Thanks for the help btw

Architecture created wealth is the wealth from buildings and whatnot not finished goods or furniture. I don't know if anyone has made a full list. Wells are probably a good choice if you want to grind out architecture wealth but you probably won't need to.

It's also worth noting that the easiest way to acquire a monarch is not to satisfy the requirements but to dig deep.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 03:48:17 pm »

So a bunch of quality furniture will skyrocket my architectural wealth, awesome thanks.

And I am too inexperienced to be dealing with HFS, last time did NOT end well lol

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

So a bunch of quality furniture will skyrocket my architectural wealth, awesome thanks.

And I am too inexperienced to be dealing with HFS, last time did NOT end well lol

It's not the furniture per se that boosts architectural wealth. It's buildings. So a well is good because it incorporates a lot of items into one building and gets multiplied by the architecture quality. I think smoothing and engraving is also architectural wealth.

And you don't need to deal with spoilers. Just mine out a single safe tile and the king will come.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 04:05:31 pm »

Roads made of metal are a very fast and easy way to get the wealth requirement in architecture. Wells are fine too, if made from expensive metals.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

So installed furniture counts towards the architectural value?

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 04:46:05 pm »

Things that count for architectural wealth
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things that don't
Farm Plots
Paved Roads made out of anything else
Dirt Roads
Ramps
Stairs
Fortifications
Tracks

Note: I'm testing in 40.07, but it shouldn't make any difference and it might uncover some bugs.

And with that I think I covered everything while at the same time making the stupidest looking fortress imaginable. If I missed anything or if you have any more questions I can look into stuff again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:03:28 pm by LarsGerhard »