Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are a Night Lord! [TSG]  (Read 4478 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Night Lord! [TSG]
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 07:43:10 pm »

Downkeep

"Insect, it is time for me to step into this pitiful plane! Find me a host, worm!" you command Ahmed.

"Of course, great one. I will find the worthiest to host your body."

Most of your cult are just part of Zachary's clique, so most of them are 15-19 year olds, but they find the most physically fit cultist among them, Samantha Walt, who's been training all her life to be an athlete.

"Um, what are you gonna do to me?" she asks Ahmed, sweating with nervousness.

"You will rise to be the Chosen of Zurqueos! You will become great, child!"

"So, I'm getting promoted?"

"Yes. More or less."

He cuffs her to the altar and begins the incantation. An hour or so into the ritual Samantha has slipped into a trance, where her soul leaves her body and enters the other plane. She sees you in your truest form, her eyes widening in awe and horror. You consume the soul greedily, feeding on her energies. Then you enter the host and possess the body. Samantha Walt is no more. Her blonde hair begins to show signs of age, some white strands appearing even though she's 19. Her eyes take on an evil, demonic look. Her nails and teeth sharpen unnaturally. You are pleased with the changes you've made.

You consult her memories to find where she lives, break in and leave the note you've prepared earlier. You're a cunning little demonhost, aren't you.

You return back to the conclave, arms outstretched. "I am Zurqueos! Weep, worms!" No one really weeps, but they applaud nonetheless.

Upkeep

You enjoy your new, physical body, but it would feel better to actually form your true body here. This body has its benefits though. From afar you look completely normal, until they go up close and see your horrific teeth and soulless eyes. You decide to wear a hat and a jacket to hide yourself as you head to Aston, even though today is scorching hot in the desert town. Apparently they nobles are holding a cooking contest later today. Prize is a brand new grill.

Suddenly a pang hits your stomach. Hunger? Human hunger? This is a completely alien feeling to you, but your body forces you to obey it. Gritting your fangs, you head to a diner. Taking a glance at the menu you decide to have an omelette, because eating unborn babies is what demons do.

"Give me an omelette, you insect!"

The diner lady, who might not be a lady, towers over you, her build twice the width of yours. "I'm not gonna give ya your meal with that attitude, missy."

"Insect, give me an omelette!" She stares you down. "Insect, give me an omelette, please..." you grumble in your most pouty face.

She nods and returns with an omelette. After breakfast you have nothing else to do but return home to the conclave. Zachary waits for you there, holding a book. "My master, I bring you requests from your servants," he says, opening the book to show the notes he's written.

Quest I: We need weapons! Raid the guard armory. Devastation.
Quest II: We need our name known! Kidnap a famous person. Mixed.
Quest III: We need more minions! Corrupt local people. Domination.

Resources:
1 Giant Cave Scorpion

12 Humans

2 Commanders (Ahmed and Zachary)

You, in mortal host.

Your mortal body allows you to affect the mortal plane. Your demonic soul empowers the body, allowing unnatural strength and speed. However, your body has mortal needs and can die, and your soul will be weakened upon death. Watch out.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »

Okay, I'd like to propose a plan of action for our next few turns, barring unforeseeable circumstances. We should first get some more minions in order to make our cult more powerful. Then, we should begin research on any way to get our true form to this plan. This will likely be far more expensive than anything we can afford, but at least we'll have a long term goal to works towards. Assuming the ritual to arrive on this plan is more difficult and expensive than what we can do right now, let's gather some weapons from that armory. I think we should try and avoid getting our name known, though, at least for the time being. Don't want anybody knocking on our door with very sharp crosses and some holy water.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 08:44:38 pm »

Corrupting people seems like less of a risk.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 08:47:25 pm »

I agree, and I definitely think that's what we should spend the turn doing. I was just proposing a strategy for the next few days.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:57 pm »

I agree on obtaining new minions
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »

I agree, and I definitely think that's what we should spend the turn doing. I was just proposing a strategy for the next few days.

More people!

Who knows maybe we'll put some to use as spies.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 05:28:52 am »

More people!

Send Zachary. Fill the rest with cultists

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 06:25:26 am »

Get more cultists. Send five cultists and Zachary. no need to put more than we need at risk.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:27 am »

Agreed, we need more than vapid teenagers if we are to conquer this puny town.

Edit: Perhaps we can make some of our newfound wealth available in helping our cultists corrupt more people.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:50:07 am by Mlamlah »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:25 pm »

Domination.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »

Weee....

PTW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »

Quest III

Minions:

Zachary

5 Cultists

"Handsome worm, go out to the streets and find more of your kind. Bring them to me!"

"Alright, mom. You don't need to yell, we're in a damn cave."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zachary rounds up five of his friends and heads to the streets to rile up the people. He stands on top of a few crates in the podium of town, telling people of his great club and how everyone should join.

13 more people are willing to join your cause and more are interested but too busy. Zachary and the cultists lead the newcomers to your conclave where you introduce them to your cult. You reveal but a portion of your power, and the new cultists are shocked with awe. Gained 13 cultists

Weather the Storm:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The paladin stepped out of the inn, on his way to leave Aston after a week of being marooned in this backwater. As he made his way to the zeppelins he saw a young man and a few teenagers handing out fliers and talking about their club. He decides to take a flier and reads it. Some garbage about occultism and stuff. However, something about all this catches his eye. Some of the cave-in victims he was sent to bless for some reason had cuts that rocks shouldn't have made.

The paladin is suspicious and decides to stay around for a while.

Downkeep:

Zachary 'initiates' the new cultists, with the ritual paddling and mocking. Such are the ways of Hell. Of the 13 new members, one of them appears to be a tinkerer. Another is the son of the sheriff. Yet another is an old woman, but even Satan wouldn't paddle old women, so she just takes a seat. Now you are in downkeep, so you can talk with any of your new minions.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »

Inquire about what useful items (Equipment, automatons, etc.) the tinker might have or is capable of making.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:03 pm »

We have to make our club seem as inconspicuous as possible!

I propose we pose as holy vs dark forces aficionados

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 08:02:02 am »

We have to make our club seem as inconspicuous as possible!

I propose we pose as holy vs dark forces aficionados
+1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4