Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ant Rush the rts! Has anyone played it or own it or what to alk about it?  (Read 8739 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I am also interested in these videos and also the game itself.
Did anyone get in contact with the guy who made it via linkedin or whatever?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I sent an email to the address associated with his old site, but I got no reply. The email didn't fail so either he isn't watching it, or he isn't interested.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sent an email to the address associated with his old site, but I got no reply. The email didn't fail so either he isn't watching it, or he isn't interested.
I sent one as well about a week or so ago. And I do not think thought Google owns dropbox. But there are a bunch of sites similar to that such as media fire. as for abandon ware sites, while I would be willing to unload it to them, I do not know of any good/trust worthy sites myself.

Edit: did he give you a download link? because you might be able to use that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:11:13 pm by choppy »

VonHeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sent one as well about a week or so ago. And I do not think thought Google owns dropbox. But there are a bunch of sites similar to that such as media fire. as for abandon ware sites, while I would be willing to unload it to them, I do not know of any good/trust worthy sites myself.

I have decided to use mediafire. In about two hours I will have it up for download. PM me, if you have not requested it already in this topic.

Edit: 
(choppy) Edit: did he give you a download link? because you might be able to use that.

No, we used Skype.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:09:32 pm by VonHeer »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

If nobody can find a place to purchase it from, I would be interested in a PM link to the full version.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Well the actual game (tutorial at least) works fine for me, without the DLLs.
Shame there's been no response from him.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Is anyone else having problems with the arrow keys only sometimes scrolling the screen? I usually turn mouse scrolling off or turn the speed right now in most games, but no options for that.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best ant simulator ever...GOODBYE SIM ANT!

Finally, after 3000 years...I waited...and waited...and waited some more...Christ was born...and I kept waiting. All my choice was...was Sim Ant, a 3000 year old game.

And finally...it is here...the game of the lifetime! A GAME OF GAMES!

That hopefully doesn't get abandoned and a lot more features are added, as it is pretty bare bones...

BUT IT IS HERE! THE GAME OF GAMES!

http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/ant-simulator/30995/

I'd donate 50 dollars right now if I could.

THIS ISN"T A GAME! IT IS LIFE!

LIFE!

LIIIIIFE!!!
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Can anyone get past Mission 06 - Stand our ground? I can get down to about 3 minutes and the ally army appears on the map, but just sits there doing nothing to help.

Edit: Nevermind, I should have been building bunkers, thought saving the money and having the ants on the surface would suffice. The ally army is still just sitting there mind.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:23:13 am by Vattic »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Best ant simulator ever...GOODBYE SIM ANT!

Finally, after 3000 years...I waited...and waited...and waited some more...Christ was born...and I kept waiting. All my choice was...was Sim Ant, a 3000 year old game.

And finally...it is here...the game of the lifetime! A GAME OF GAMES!

That hopefully doesn't get abandoned and a lot more features are added, as it is pretty bare bones...

BUT IT IS HERE! THE GAME OF GAMES!

http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/ant-simulator/30995/

I'd donate 50 dollars right now if I could.

THIS ISN"T A GAME! IT IS LIFE!

LIFE!

LIIIIIFE!!!

this is the best black screen i've seen in years.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

VonHeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone else having problems with the arrow keys only sometimes scrolling the screen? I usually turn mouse scrolling off or turn the speed right now in most games, but no options for that.

Have have that same problem with the arrows keys. While the mouse scroll is pretty comfortable for me, I do wish it to be a little bit less sensitive. In the older and free version that you posted earlier Vattic, there was an option to adjust the mouse scroll sensitivity. Strange that it has been apparently removed from this version. Very strange.

One other problem I've been having with the game is that the repair/dismantle commands located underneath the mini-map don't seem to disappear unless you place a beacon. Is this an oversight? Or is there another way to get back to the normal cursor?

Can anyone get past Mission 06 - Stand our ground? I can get down to about 3 minutes and the ally army appears on the map, but just sits there doing nothing to help.

Edit: Nevermind, I should have been building bunkers, thought saving the money and having the ants on the surface would suffice. The ally army is still just sitting there mind.

Ya, bunkers really are crucial for defense for they give your ant a significant attack/defense(and/or?) bonus. I've played this mission several times in the free version and the ants have always aided me. When I played this mission in the full version they just stood there. Still passed the mission (barely, my queen had about %20 health left with enemy ants surrounding her) but I wonder if this happens every playthrough.

Right now I am stuck on level 9 (Team Tussel. Darn Slaver makers.   

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I'm stuck on level 9 also. The best I've done so far is to ditch the usual starting spot and build a hatchery in your ally's base, then fill as many bunkers as possible. Still always end up with the allied queen dying.

Edit: Just finished level 9 using the method I described except with only two bunkers. The enemies focus on your hatcheries and only seem to attack things that get in the way. The next mission is similar, but the same strategy won't work so I suspect they realised it was a possibility.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:10:55 pm by Vattic »

VonHeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The other day I got a LAN game going with my brother. Pretty fun.

Remember, go ahead and PM me if you want the game.

Phill64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Rush the rts! Has anyone played it or own it or what to alk about it?
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 07:27:21 pm »

Hello :)
Sorry to resurrect an old thread,

But thought you might be interested to know that I've put the game back up, and for free.
And also included a patch which fixes the mission 6 glitch and other bugs. Still no online mode for now though.

AntRush.com

Enjoy!

VonHeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ant Rush the rts! Has anyone played it or own it or what to alk about it?
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 09:27:52 pm »

Wow, this is amazing.  :D

Don't feel uncomfortable putting a Paypal donation button up on the website though.  ::)

Are you considering working on the game again aside from the patch you released?
Pages: 1 [2] 3