Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-repeatable crashes at embark  (Read 551 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Non-repeatable crashes at embark
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:51:08 am »

I just wanted to know if anyone ever encountered something like this, and if yes, if there is a source or fix known.

I get crashes to desktop with MDF. But only under this condition:
 - Gen a new world.
 - Embark.
 - CTD just after pressing 'e' after picking your embark party, items and pets.

Then when I restart the game, load the same world, the same location, the same embark group and items, embark... nothing. No crash, everything works fine. I dont have crashes at worldgen, and I had not a single one while playing, but pretty often these odd instant crashes at embark. No errorlog, no gamelog entries, not repeatable. I cant even upload a save, because none exist.

I am running Win8.1, DF34.11 with dfhack r4.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: Non-repeatable crashes at embark
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »

I've been getting the same.  I had it happen originally with a mod, and started weeding out things I thought could have been the problem until I was left with plain vanilla.  I think it is something with on-site entities...as most everything else is nailed down.   ...still no clue what was going on.

It's happened a few times in the 40.XX's too...but mostly on reclaiming a site, and with these, after the crash and retry the calendar advances two more weeks (so it was at least getting that far in setting up the site)

Is there anything in dfhack that can check the exact location of historical figures while in the embark screen?  Might be able to use that to at least weed out that hypothesis.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »

I tried embarking with a new entity, with almost no entries, as barebone as I could make it. No pets, no items, nada... still happens. I suspect dfhack by now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »

Yes encountered it, pretty much same as you describe.