Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I did a 10 thousand year world gen  (Read 3620 times)

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I did a 10 thousand year world gen
« on: August 06, 2014, 02:34:28 pm »

Unsurprisingly, Elven hippies didn't last very long. Their wooden weapons were useless against the goblin onslaught. The last Elf citizen was hunted down and impaled on a pike in...
58?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But, that's not very far? I've had plenty of 100 or so year worldgens and nobody died. Maybe it's just the tree-hugging hippies getting what they deserve...
What? How did the goblins beat dwarven steel, only in year 68!
They're on a rampage!
And the kobolds died out too, from one roc attack!
Hm. It seems like the humans and goblins however did survive all through worldgen. Let me just check the map...
Dear armok. They're barely hanging on. They only have a few territories. How are they still alive? Looks like the goblins won this one.
Actually a human survival was pretty surprising, I must say, considering they don't live forever and they usually don't have steel
EDIT: since i could succesfully make a 10k year pocket world, now trying with large world.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:16:02 pm by TinFoilTopHat »

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: I did a 10 thousand year world gen
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

I think invasion always succeed because military defense is not implemented.
Elves tend to fare better in more savage worlds as they have more beasts to command.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:36:26 pm »

I think invasion always succeed because military defense is not implemented.
Elves tend to fare better in more savage worlds as they have more beasts to command.

Their beasts are the only way they can really do damage to an armored opponent. Wood does not cut it as a weapon grade material.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:09:31 pm by Melting Sky »

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »

Update on the 10k year large world.
It has been 8 hours and I'm only at 1798. This may require me to leave my computer on through friday.
I do what I must for dwarven science.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »

inb4 the whole world is just covered in goblin pits.  I've never seen them lose in the long run
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Lobotomite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 06:46:53 am »

Gobbos are badasses.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 11:10:40 am »

inb4 the whole world is just covered in goblin pits.  I've never seen them lose in the long run
When I worldgen they seem to die out more often than not, but that is because I prefer to set titan number high and pop requirement low out of hope of encountering one.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:13 am »

That's interesting. I'd very much like to know what monstrosity of a computer you own - I can't find it in myself to push the generator past year 500.

When I worldgen they seem to die out more often than not, but that is because I prefer to set titan number high and pop requirement low out of hope of encountering one.
Well, that's a no-brainer.

In a world full of titans, only those that build fifty-meter walls or can somehow outrun the bastards have a chance of survival.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 12:05:14 pm »

PTW

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 12:28:43 pm »

That's interesting. I'd very much like to know what monstrosity of a computer you own - I can't find it in myself to push the generator past year 500.

Well, that's a no-brainer.

In a world full of titans, only those that build fifty-meter walls or can somehow outrun the bastards have a chance of survival.
Well, goblin fortresses tend to get pretty high, and they're immortal energy efficient killbots, so...
._.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »

Well the one the thread was originally about was a 5-civ pocket world and it took like 3-8 hours.(i don't know because i just started generating right before i fell asleep.))
The current one- 60 civs in a large world-has reached year 2500 after 1 day straight of worldgen. This will take a long time
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:21:24 pm by TinFoilTopHat »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 02:39:32 pm »

Should you even get to 10k years, 10 bucks says it'll crash at finalizing the world.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »

(queue attack on titan opening theme)
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »

my DF crashed.
QQ
at least i now have my computer back and running at unterrible speeds.
PROTIP: genning the actions of 30 thousand entities over 10000 years is not good for your computer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:19:08 pm by TinFoilTopHat »

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 07:18:17 pm »

my DF crashed.
QQ
at least i now have my computer back and running at unterrible speeds.
i feel your pain
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.
Pages: [1] 2