Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Babiesplosion  (Read 2919 times)

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Babiesplosion
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »

So I downloaded the 40.06 starter pack, genned a world and umm... 11 babies in my first year, 4 fathered by my expedition leader and a noteworthy 2 babies sired by the outpost liaison during his brief stay. I'm tempted to remove the baby cap to see if i can drown the world with Armok's chosen.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's experiencing this but I didn't see a thread on this yet (mind you I didn't look too hard).

Good day gents, and happy breeding.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Babiesplosion
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 05:52:41 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm curious if there is anything I can change in the raws to fix this in the meantime? Probably a question better suited to the modding forum but I don't think a new thread is appropriate for something that will be fixed soon.

I've got this DF itch and it needs immediate scratching.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »

Probably nothing in the raws, but you could play on an older edition of 0.40 if you can stand other bugs but not this one.

Personally, I'm all for more babies. Gives me more haulers after a few years.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:02 pm »

That's cool. I think I'll take this opportunity to open up the HFS for my first time. Seeing as how there are no invasions or other fun stuff and the potential to breed a massive army is at an all time high. I think I'll aim for a 20 year fort and see how many stud muffins I can make and then break.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »

There's still invasions. I got pummeled by a goblin siege, and then when I reclaimed the fortress I had no liaison.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:28:04 pm »

There's still invasions. I got pummeled by a goblin siege, and then when I reclaimed the fortress I had no liaison.

That's a bandit group most likely, not a real siege.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 06:34:13 pm »

That's a bandit group most likely, not a real siege.

Well, it did say SIEGE in the corner while my dwarves were being systematically slaughtered.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 06:46:40 pm »

Typically in this version you'll get one little siege the first year and then nothing after that.

Toady said it should be fixed for 40.07.

In my 10 forts or so that has been without fail. I've received 1 semi megabeast, 1 necromancer, and 1 werebeast within the first year but for the most part it has been silent after year 1.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 07:55:32 pm »

Yeah the babies are out of control... the little bastids are popping out one every nine months.  It's like Slut Fortress, or Dwarves Gone Wild, or something.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »

Yeah the babies are out of control... the little bastids are popping out one every nine months.  It's like Slut Fortress, or Dwarves Gone Wild, or something.

Dwarf Fortress: Beer, Beards and Babes.

eli_cash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:21 pm »

So does lowering the Child Cap on Starter Pack not do anything to this bug or will it fix it completely.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:40:04 pm »

It does nothing.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »

I've currently got about 150 dwarves in my fortress, and 60 babies, and every 9 months I get at least 8 new babies, as well as a billion kids every migrant waves
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:26 pm »

My expedition leader is also impregnating everyone. I am considering killing off every female in the fort so that the babies will stop.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Pages: [1] 2 3