Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game  (Read 11418 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game
« on: August 04, 2014, 11:17:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You aren't the Apprentice.
Let's get this out loud and clear early in the morning, as you wake up and repeat it in front of your mirror.
You aren't the Apprentice.
You're the Master. You're the Teacher. You're the one that teaches.

It's a glorious day.
You've been an Apprentice for decades, and now that you've graduated from your Master, it's time you get an Apprentice of your own!
Finally.

You'll have someone have your shoes cleaned for the next day, or maybe someone do the menial work you can't be bothered doing, or maybe, just maybe, you'll find a kindred soul who'll enjoy go hunting for knowledge with you.
But that's all in the maybe.

First, comes the most important set of questions of them all.

What sort of Master are you anyway?

Jedi - Sith - Wizard - Necromancer - Adventurer

(Yes, selecting the Master also selects the World. The first two bring you to the Star Wars verse. The next three to a random fantasy world. More choices come available as we proceed through character creation, but for the moment, the most important thing to realize is that this is a quest where you're going to be teaching a guy/girl, not a quest where you'll be the guy/girl.)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Teaching An Apprentice -A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:24 am »

Adventurer!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:29 am »

Sith!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Take a closer look at this text!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:40:46 am »

Necromancer!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:59 am »

Wizard. Think of the shenanigans.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »

I'll resist the temptation of choosing Sith because I don't like the Star Wars universe.

So, Wizard we go!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »

Necromancy for the win
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:54:11 pm by aattss »

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »

Necromancer!
Vive le necromancy. Feel the Love

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 01:49:10 am »

We are even between Adventurer and Wizards.

And we've got two points for Necromancy.

Nobody wants to be a Jedi.

So, to make everyone happy...

Character Creation

You were an Adventurous Wizard Necromancer! in your youth, apprenticed under another Adventurous Wizard Necromancer!
Or AWN for short.

Now, like your Master before you, you stand on the verge of the greatest discoveries of life and unlife after death, while exploring the most incredibly dangerous complexes the minds of madmen could ever design, all while going regularly, each month, to the Guild's routine meetings.
Some might frown at the fact that you've got a knack for resurrecting their grandmothers' corpses, but let's face it: nobody wants to point it out to you, out of respect for your master -the now Archmage 'Augustus' of the Tower of Marvels, and the fact that you aren't really using your armies of undeath to conquer the world.
Especially because raising an army of undeath is something any necromancer worth his salt could do, given enough time.

Still, the Guild you belong to is...

The Mages' Guild. The desire to acquire magical knowledge is the fundamental requirement to enter it.
The Archaeologist Guild. Crawling through ancient tombs and pyramids, all to find that ancient spell used by the late king to brush his teeth. The thrill, the danger, the knowledge!
The Nation Protectors. A Guild designed to help the people of the nation, police them and the army itself, working alongside the powerful nobles and kings to ensure fair laws and justice is brought.
The Order of Silence. A Guild that does not exist, charged with removing the most dangerous of political dissidents from the Emperor's court.
The Faithful. The guild of religious persons, tasked with bringing the faith of the one true God 'Aeon' even to the most remote corners of the world.

And you, among its numbers, have now become a Master. You'll get your first student soon enough, and you already heard through the grapevine that...

It's going to be a He.
It's going to be a She.
You don't know its sex (Coin Flip)

and that...

The Apprentice is a boisterous youth, maybe too boisterous.
The Apprentice is a quiet youth, maybe too quiet.
The Apprentice says one thing and means another.
The Apprentice is a trouble child.
The Apprentice resembles you a lot in your youth.

but you're not worried about that mostly, and the chambers for him are already prepared by your servants anyway. You live, after all...

In a tower, as is proper for any mage.
In a castle keep, overseeing the lands around as is your right by birth.
In a countryside house, maybe a bit modest, but it makes it up with very large fields.
Near a mine, because you always liked the fact of being independent when it came to building your stuff.
In the city, because there's no reason a wizard should live alone in the wilderness when the city's just bustling with life and energy.
In the royal palace, as an adviser to a king. Getting an apprentice ready to replace you should you die is just a little bit of paranoia on your side. The King loves you. His son on the other hand...

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 02:13:49 am »

Still, the Guild you belong to is...
The Mages' Guild. The desire to acquire magical knowledge is the fundamental requirement to enter it.

And you, among its numbers, have now become a Master. You'll get your first student soon enough, and you already heard through the grapevine that...
You don't know its sex (Coin Flip)

and that...
The Apprentice is a quiet youth, maybe too quiet.

but you're not worried about that mostly, and the chambers for him are already prepared by your servants anyway. You live, after all...
In a tower, as is proper for any mage.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9