Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retired Mountainhome Trade  (Read 1305 times)

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
Retired Mountainhome Trade
« on: August 03, 2014, 02:31:03 pm »

Does anyone know how the game determines what things a player-made mountainhome can export for trade when you retire it?

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retired Mountainhome Trade
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 02:38:58 pm »

I'd love to request candy ore from such a mountainhome...

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:06:27 pm »

I'd love to request candy ore from such a mountainhome...

(Relatively) unlimited candy 2 years in, that'd be nice!
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

Does anyone know how the game determines what things a player-made mountainhome can export for trade when you retire it?
... That hasn't been implemented yet. So the civ's resources are the same as you started. :/
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »

I think [DEEP_SPECIAL] will prohibit adamantine being traded to you, though I haven't confirmed that. I'm curious if you need to, say, leave a tile of iron unmined to be able to export infinite iron though.

... That hasn't been implemented yet. So the civ's resources are the same as you started. :/

You can become a mountainhome. You can retire a fortress. What part of this hasn't be implemented?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:21:51 pm »

Something worth checking is finding a dwarf civ without iron and then settling on an iron mine, to see if the civilization updates with access to iron ore. Trade some iron things, some ore, some bars away, just to be sure, then retire and embark somewhere else and see if they can make you an iron anvil.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure that loss or acquisition of territory after world-gen is finished doesn't change a civ's trade goods, so your fort won't effect it.

Obviously that will change one day.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

LarsGerhard

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYTHING IS FINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »

Something worth checking is finding a dwarf civ without iron and then settling on an iron mine, to see if the civilization updates with access to iron ore. Trade some iron things, some ore, some bars away, just to be sure, then retire and embark somewhere else and see if they can make you an iron anvil.

Yes that's a good way to check. If nobody has any data I'll do some quick science in a bit.

I'm pretty sure that loss or acquisition of territory after world-gen is finished doesn't change a civ's trade goods, so your fort won't effect it.

Obviously that will change one day.

I would have thought that would be part of activation but perhaps not. Well if anyone has any information before I mess with stuff I'd appreciate it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Would be funny if after you requiring adamantine stuff to your liaison, the next dwarven caraven will bring indeed some adamantine items.
Then the next caravan from mountainhome will not be dwarven anymore but a more tentacled one, and will only sell you dwarven meat, dwarven blood drink and dwarven bones, and a lot of pain and hurt for free.

Would be a good reason for you not to ask adamantine to your liaison :)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »

Even better: instead of a caravan and a liaison, you get...

Spoiler: A clown siege! (click to show/hide)

Bonus points if they have armour and weapons of slade!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:50:58 pm by samanato »