Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10971 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:53 pm »

I've got to side with Derm on this one. If we need to kill a creature, use a destruction rune. If we need to control it, (we don't really need to yet) we should research a new control rune.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2014, 10:23:31 pm »

Or they could force an interrogation on said creature.

But okay I like how immaterial at least gave a reason. Tis all I ask.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:09 pm »

See Control Rune.

Is there a Mindcontrol Rune, Cheesecake?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2014, 10:34:53 pm »

Could the GM also make a list of what runes we have/being sold, as well as what they do?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »

See Control Rune.

Is there a Mindcontrol Rune, Cheesecake?

You can improve the telepathy rune so that it can mind control.

Could the GM also make a list of what runes we have/being sold, as well as what they do?

GM's Administrative List of Stocks:

Destruction Runes (Flame/Frost) (Creates explosions of fire and ice in a 2 meter radius)
Creation Runes (Lay them out like a blueprint of the building you want, then activate one of them. The material it spawns is runic stone, which is sturdy but will fall to dedicated siege weapons)
Enchantment Runes (Randomly alters the attributes of items, for better or worse, so it's best to buy multiple runes to get the best items)
Stasis Runes (Puts an area into stasis until it is destroyed.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2014, 11:16:17 pm »

All on favor to make enchantment runes better by making them buff only?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2014, 11:17:26 pm »

All on favor to make enchantment runes better by making them buff only?
+1

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2014, 11:18:27 pm »

OOoooooorrrr you could make a bunch of really shitty arms and armor and somehow trick the enemy into using them.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2014, 11:27:00 pm »

OOoooooorrrr you could make a bunch of really shitty arms and armor and somehow trick the enemy into using them.

Selling arms to the enemy will make our clients jelly. Plus the king might cut our funding.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2014, 03:16:43 am »

The enemy doesn't seem really... sapient, so any transactions with them would be... difficult, unless I'm wrong.
We need eleven tongues to speak runic? Hire eleven bards.
+1, it seems like there's two possibilities here. One we have an easier time talking to the Giant, which is good for obvious reasons. Or two, it kills the bards, in which case we have a giant who's appetite for death and destruction is more sated, more test subjects for the resurrection runes, and eleven less bards, the annoying prancing elf-men they are, in the world.

Finally, we should focus on things that are proven to work, so we should invest more research in the destruction runes, which from the floor news seem to be very effective.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2014, 06:25:47 am »

Anything else? If not, I'll wait for the speech.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2014, 10:20:23 am »

"Ladies and Gentleman, as you already know the clear guilds have breached just about finished the floor above us and are now working on exploring the next before proceeding. Our support was invaluable to them and they know it...even though they probably don't. Any ways get back to work because we have quite a few things to make and upgrade. Also a bonus to whoever first can make a practical rune for the guilds and a spot on the commercial. So ya, big stuff annnnnd get to work."

Also Please can we agree on better equipment runes? How would the guilds even know if the runes did a bad job or not? They wouldn't until it's too late that's how.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2014, 11:08:50 am »

You guys just can't do it right :v

"All right boys, I've got a new set of orders for you all. Turns out that our giant friend is literally the reincarnation of a god of runes. To those who decried my decision: Nener. Nener nener. Gentelmen we now have the world at our fingertips and I intend to use it!

I've passed around a list of new things to test. Size changers, speeder uppers, teleporters, a few other things. One team will be working on how to make these damn things work without having to touch them too. We've literally got approval by god so I'm not sure if that makes us paladins or priests or whatever, but get going. We have to resurrect his wife at some point too. Den Smithson out."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:13:35 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2014, 11:12:43 am »

Fine. whatever.

Go speech go  ::)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

Rune lexicon requests:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

> Summon some gorillas, order them to suicide, turn them into zombies.

> Try covering rat skeletons in armor plating and resurrecting them, goal being zombies that can function inside a furnace.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12