Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do the prefixed things in the Siege Workshop do?  (Read 765 times)

Dan Duncombe

• Bay Watcher
  • DwarfCorp, Established Since 24!
    • View Profile
What do the prefixed things in the Siege Workshop do?
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:03:38 am »

I have noticed I can make things faceted, singing, blistered etc. Do these have any effect or what?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: What do the prefixed things in the Siege Workshop do?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:03:00 am »

Those are specific kinds of metal, and you simply won't get any of those metals in fortress mode, due to where they come from (spoilers).
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Dan Duncombe

• Bay Watcher
  • DwarfCorp, Established Since 24!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:03 am »

Are they some sort of thing that might come with a candy weapon in adventure mode then?

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

Are they some sort of thing that might come with a candy weapon in adventure mode then?

You would want a candy weapon if you want to acquire those metals, yes, but (spoilers).

Nihilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:51:05 pm »

You would want a candy weapon if you want to acquire those metals, yes, but (spoilers).
so what you're saying is that clowns drop them
or maybe you mine them from inside the circus?
They're an alloy made from the tent?

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »

so what you're saying is that clowns drop them
or maybe you mine them from inside the circus?
They're an alloy made from the tent?

There's a new circus for Adventurers. The metals aren't really relevant in Fortress Mode.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »

Those are specific kinds of metal, and you simply won't get any of those metals in fortress mode, due to where they come from (spoilers).

Is it possible to get em if you settle on a site that does have em, or is it impossible/ you'll get wiped out near instantly.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »

hold on now, couldn't an adventurer dump some there and the dwarves melt it down? (or embarkanywhere  :P)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:33 am »

hold on now, couldn't an adventurer dump some there and the dwarves melt it down? (or embarkanywhere  :P)
Yes, theoretically you can get it, although I don't know if its possible to melt that stuff or not as I haven't seen any of it myself yet.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.