Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Labyrinth - SG  (Read 2366 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth - SG
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

What's a mortamancer, then, and how does it differ from a necromancer?
((Mortamancers are closer to how necromancy was treated in early Dungeons and Dragons. Mortamancy uses magic to manipulate life force for the pursuit of combat, and specializes in hexes and charms. Necromancy imbues non-living objects with life force, or moves life force from one source to another. They're similar, but different enough to warrant separate classes.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39:07 pm »

+1 to Cursed Staff!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:11 am »

((It should be noted that you can learn and cast spells from other schools besides your chosen one, though it's not as easy, especially if it's opposed to your school. You can also change your class completely later on, but that won't be an option for quite a while.))
You take your Cursed Staff out, and feel the dark energies flowing through it. Long ago you were a Mortamancer working guard duty against the rare few Labyrinth creatures that wandered up to Asylum. However, when money became tight, the guards were the first to go, and since you were a fairly new recruit, you were high on the to-fire list.
Most adventurers-to-be would check various equipment stores before you set out, but you don't have a del to your name. You'll need to get 500 by next week down in the Labyrinth (The rent is so low because it's right next to the ceiling, meaning you can hear every bit of clanging from the miners. You've turned it into an advantage by making it an alarm clock, though one that always rings very, very early). You go through your head and think of whether there's anything else you want to do before heading into the ever-shifting labyrinth.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 03:16:13 am »

Stretch! That's important for physically strenuous activities like dungeon delving. Once that's done, just go in the Labyrinth. (We're too poor to do anything else anyway.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »

You do a few stretches, and set off for the Labyrinth. At the staircase is a small guard checkpoint. Entering it, you see your old friend from when you worked as a guard, Jackson.
"Oi, Wymen! Where've you been? It's been ages!"
"Oh, nowhere much. Mainly searching for a new job."
"Oh? No luck, I take it? I should hope you're not taking to adventuring; it's quite dangerous down there."
Not much of a choice, I'm afraid. It's this or live out on the streets. Besides, most of the men who went down there and decorated the walls with their intestines are untrained morons looking for a quick buck. I've got training. Well, some.
"Fair enough. Anyways, do try to keep from dying. I just started my shift, so I should be there by the time you get back."
With that, you say your goodbyes and embark down the spiral staircase. It's not far, but it feels like entering another world entirely. The Shifter Stone here has made it fairly tight and cramped, unlike the tall, cavernous rooms of Asylum. You set off south from the stairs, since it's the only way to go, and stumble upon the Shifter Stone itself.
It's covered in ever-changing runes, and it floats serenely in mid-air. This is the thing that keeps the Labyrinth ever-changing, used mostly to confuse the monsters and keep them out of Asylum for longer. As they get older, they also become Corrupted, which causes them to create more and more dangerous areas. This is caused by the powerful monsters slowly moving farther up, the natural magic of which effects and influences the Shifter Stones in the places they inhabit. This is also why new levels of Asylum are constantly being built. More importantly for you, however, is the fact that you can touch a Shifter Stone in order to prevent the area from shuffling. However, there's a chance that it'll start shuffling again whenever you leave and re-enter the area.

More pressing is the goblin admiring the Shifter Stone, which has now noticed you and drawn it's blade.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 01:55:57 pm »

((Anyone up for engaging in diplomancy?))
Take a closer look at this text!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

((If by diplomancy you mean making that greenskin scream out in pain and beg for quick death, then yes.))
Use Touch of Pain first and prepare to bash it's head in if it charges at us. If it doesn't, then charge in and bash it's head in.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 05:09:07 pm »

((Why yes lets. What do you propose?))
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:37 pm »

PTW

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 06:10:13 pm »

Persuade goblin to join us in exchange for glory and loot!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »

Persuade goblin to join us in exchange for glory and loot!
+1
After all, what's the point of fighting adventurers when he could earn riches in the labyrinth AND get someone to vouch for him topside, thus allowing him to do the shopping things AND possibly setting in motion a movement that will lead to goblins and humans living together as equals.
I mean, we CAN lie, right?
Take a closer look at this text!

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »

But what about death and carnage?   okay...

+1 for diplomancer. First minion for our amy of darkness will be goblin then.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 11:49:03 pm »

My apologies for the delay. I've decided against the system for combat that I had in place, and I can't decide on a new one. I like this concept too much for it be to declared dead, but for the time being, Labyrinth is on an indefinite hiatus. Once I decide on a new combat system, and I finish off the tables and stats for various monsters, the game will resume. However, this could be quite a while.

Pages: 1 [2]