Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30321 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Dream Wizards Edition
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »

I noticed some beats that feature lucid dreaming in here. Not certain if they work.
http://free-binaural-beats.com/
Another good one is Binaural Beats Generator.

mynoise.net has lots of other free frequency based browser based noise generators for stuff like rain, white noise, or ocean waves.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »

Maybe useful with WILD, even if to stay awake? I know I'm having a liiiitle problem with that.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2014, 03:30:11 pm »

Maybe useful with WILD, even if to stay awake? I know I'm having a liiiitle problem with that.

Try sleeping in a different position than normal.

That's when I get the farthest with WILD.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »

Try sleeping in a different position than normal.

That's when I get the farthest with WILD.

Hmm... I'll try that tonight, thanks for the tip.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2014, 06:48:57 am »

I keep having terrible recall because I'm too lazy and groggy in the morning to think about recalling my dream.

asdfshblub
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2014, 08:16:13 am »

I keep having terrible recall because I'm too lazy and groggy in the morning to think about recalling my dream.

asdfshblub
I know this feeling...
How I combat this is I simply record what I recall, when I recall it. If I'm not near my journal at that time, I do what I can to write it down or type it up, like post it in the dream thread here on B12 or text it to a friend, any way typing/writing it happens it helps me remember it more.
If I'm out with a friend when I recall it, I tell them about it, leaving out any public-sensitive details.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »

Post to participate.

Interestingly, I need get sleep paralysis when lucid dreaming, but I've had it a lot when not. (Like when I got shot in the leg in a dream, and it wouldn't move for over an hour after I woke up. Not quite the same thing, but still an issue)

Maybe I can stop it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »

I've had sleep paralysis in the past when waking up, but I've mostly worked myself out of that.

PTW, as I've gotten into this lately. I'm using a combination of WILD and MILD techniques and trying to see if either works out. MILD has had some success, with me having looked at my hand and I realized that I was dreaming. WILD at the very least has me feeling calm in the morning, even if I don't end up actually having a Lucid so I'm probably going to keep on going on with meditation. I'm still aiming for the Land of Colors and Random Noises.

EDIT: Also... Is it odd that I mostly want to Lucid Dream so that I can have conversations with myself? Which, I realize I can do that already, but I'm interested regardless.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2014, 12:32:12 am »

I'm always too lazy to actually do anything since I'm waiting for my recall to be less spotty.

It's not showing any sign of getting less terrible though...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2014, 05:10:11 am »

Since I've started Uni (last week friday) I have been getting absolutely 0 recall. None. All I can remember are tiny fragments- a scene here or there- whereas before I was getting one or two a night at least. Even if I try WILD I can't manage to get the illusions to appear.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:29 am »

Interestingly, I had a period of lucid dreams not long after reading this thread the first time. I did nothing but occasionally do the reality checks.

I'm wondering if the hope/expectation caused me to start having lucid dreams.

Also, I tried that 'stay conscious through sleep' thing and... I can't. I honestly can't.
Funny thing, since I finally caught up on all my lost sleep, I've been able to have more lucid control over my waking dreaming. A more literal case of the highlighted. So I can actually dream while fully conscious. After learning how to sleep with your eyes open, the rest kinda comes naturally. A controlled form of craziness, if you will. "Well, duh! It's called an imagination." is to be expected; but this like a more complete version of the classic imagination we had as kids; there could be a psychic network linked with our minds, especially when we sleep, or are in a sleep-like and mostly lucid state. In a sense, if it can be tapped, it can be useful beyond comprehension; like a built-in smartphone for your brain; apps and all (and you can talk through it too, if being social is your thing).

Spoiler: Further notes within: (click to show/hide)

All things considered, I think the less I care/more I'm relaxed, the more hardcore and badass I become. Or a better summary: The more fun I'm having, the more elite/dangerous I become. Even Fear, itself, learns to fear my presence ("He who fights monsters...", mayhaps?). Could probably explain all the bullying in my life; I'm mortal here, thus, I'm fair game. Not to mention, how many people do I piss off on a regular basis? Unintentionally, or for merely existing? Would normally make me depressed thinking about it, but it does make me curious; and if my bullies are mortal nightmares; well then, you're as mortal as I am, and I can still kick ass, given proper motivation to. I don't even bother fighting back in most-all cases (unless a worthy opponent comes); even when harassed endlessly. That's how worthless all my nightmares are. They're not worth fighting back against, even if they break me apart. Only cowards fight like they do, and there's no honor in giving a death-seeker, of that class, the satisfaction of dying at my hands. Not even a battle to use as legal evidence (or let my ass get kicked, and use their intention against them).

EDIT:
Surfing through Tropes, checking out The Stand (To get the name right) and a trope link to Dream Weavers, led me to this interesting site relevant to Lucid Dreaming.
http://www.dreamviews.com/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:02:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:21 am »

Do you guys periodically do reality checks while watching a movie or reading a book or playing videogames?

Do you think that ruins the experience?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2014, 01:45:55 am »

Do you guys periodically do reality checks while watching a movie or reading a book or playing videogames?

It depends (I usually intentionally don't; reality's too bland). I usually suspend my disbelief in certain cases where I think it would enhance future experiences. Probably why I am so well-adjusted to broken physics, and why I'm practically like a little kid with such, at times new, experiences. Hell, I even gather ideas from certain commercials and such if I deem them useful/entertaining enough in certain cases. Watching cartoons and such beforehand also helps. Maybe it's why I like games like Kairo so much. Nifty enough environs, and still leaves more room for imagination; like reprogramming gateways to lead elsewhere, or making new gates to other dream realms, like Mirrormoon and such. Mirrormoon-like dreams are a trip, since like that game, you interact with the moon, and it affects the world you're on; and doubles as a map.

Just as well, since you mentioned reading a book, I usually notice I am equipped with a book in some dreams, which I think is a book to "My Relto" or similar location like in Uru: Myst.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:47:53 am by Itnetlolor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:47 am »

...Not...really.
I'm unsure if I ever did any reality checks--somewhere along the line (14-ish?), I made several distinct notes to know if I'm dreaming and if I'm not. So no reality checks as said by many others, just the simple observation of my surroundings and I get 'oh, I'm dreaming...'

There's like a very subtle but very prominent difference of...control? The feel of gravity? Awareness?
That  :-X

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 01, 2014, 01:53:19 am »

Well yeah, I also meant if you remind yourself that you're watching a movie/reading a book/etc. to make sure you aren't dreaming about them. I don't know about you, but even though videogame-like dreams are fun while I am dreaming, I still find their content that I recall when I wake up to be boring, and I would rather have a lucid dream instead.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21