Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: -  (Read 30253 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Lucid Dream Thread: Don't Trust Triplets Edition
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:02 pm »

I just have to say though, wow, I really didn't expect that holding my nose and inhaling through it would actually work but it does! It's weird though - like you it's not working but is at the same time. I can only imagine that dream-me couldn't breath but real-me could 9I can't really explain it better). This is probably going to be my go-to RC along side trying to remember how I got to places for now since it's pretty quick.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's not perfect - you don't take a big nose-gulp of dream-air. How would you? Grats on the second recorded-in-thread LD!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:04 pm »

Holy shit, how did I miss this for 8 pages?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:54 pm »

15PPP peasant.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »

Tried MILD, no success. I don't actually have a dream journal, but I remember about a third of my dreams in near-perfect detail anyway, and another third in reasonable detail. Will starting to write them all out help significantly?
Writing them out really helped me to remember more of my dreams. Either that, or the change in my sleep habits that went along with trying to induce lucid dreams just caused me to have more dreams than before. Not sure which.
I told myself that I would start again yesterday, did all the meditation and reality checks every time I switched scene (going through a door, into or out of a car etc. I find that works a little better in my dreams since I am rarely in the same place the entire time) and got lucid (or at least, dreamt about being lucid) towards the end of my dream. I didn't do much, since I got a little too excited and woke up almost immediately, but I did manage to open a door without touching it which was cool.

I just have to say though, wow, I really didn't expect that holding my nose and inhaling through it would actually work but it does! It's weird though - like you it's not working but is at the same time. I can only imagine that dream-me couldn't breath but real-me could 9I can't really explain it better). This is probably going to be my go-to RC along side trying to remember how I got to places for now since it's pretty quick.
Well done, good sir! The breathing through a pinched nose thing sounds really weird and cool, so I'm going to make that my main RC.
15PPP peasant.
You 50PPP'ers will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes!

I tried WILD again last night, but no luck.

Shadowhammer's log, day 4
My alarm woke me at the correct time, so I got up and read a book until I felt fully conscious. I then went back to bed and used FILD, and decided to try saying a MILD mnemonic while doing so.

Unfortunately, my room was a bit too cold, causing me to be somewhat chilly when not under a blanket. After several minutes of being cold, I decided that it would be worth it to move in order to put my blanket on, but after doing so, I found it to be too hot. In hindsight, I should have just ignored the cold, because cold tends to help me stay alert, while the warmth made me drowsy and ended up with my falling asleep fairly quickly.

Several dreams were dreamed, but none of them were lucid.

I have resolved that tonight, I will just man up and ignore whatever discomfort occurs.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »

I've found that doing FILD finger tapping and MILD mantra stuff lets you ignore the heat and/or cold.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2014, 08:51:22 pm »

Huh, I also have to wonder how I missed this thread for so long. Might have something to do with not being very active around here...

I just have to say though, wow, I really didn't expect that holding my nose and inhaling through it would actually work but it does! It's weird though - it's like it's not working but is at the same time. I can only imagine that dream-me couldn't breath but real-me could (I can't really explain it better). This is probably going to be my go-to RC along side trying to remember how I got to places for now since it's pretty quick.
Heh, had a similar thing happen in my first intentional lucid dream. I just casually stuck my finger through my hand...it felt strange, but it was so long ago I don't recall it enough to describe the sensation.

Not to make it sound like I'm a lucid dreaming expert or anything, though. That one lasted about a minute before I woke up, and I've had maybe three or four since, all equally short and disappointing. I've been losing the will power to keep up my dream journal as well. It makes me sad, because I love dreams and their possibilities, but my mind is just so cluttered with the junk of life...meditation and dreams came so much easier when I was but a child without too much worry for the future.

:(
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:13 pm »

Anyone have any MILD tips? Should I say the mantra out loud, or stay still for a long time?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2014, 10:33:56 am »

So, I had a lucid dream.

Only problem: I didn't actually use MILD (I woke up in the middle of the night and fell asleep again), and I didn't do a reality check. I just sort of realized that nothing made sense, so it was a dream.

The dream had been fairly unpleasant up to that point, so I woke myself up instead of attempting dream stuff.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »

Well, my alarm worked again last night.

Then, groggy, sleep-deprived me just shut the thing off and forgot why I'd set an alarm in the first place. I do remember this weird dream I had, though. I remembered every dream I've had since I started the journal!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2014, 12:50:43 pm »

I think I kind of had a lucid dream. So I woke up at 0655 with my alarm clock, then fell back asleep. Anyways, I got drafted into some kind of military. They passed out all the armor, which was made out of blue rubber, but no weapons. Then the view kind of shifted to my house, and I conciously made a decision to go one way instead of another, which was probably the only lucid part.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:10 pm »

I do remember this weird dream I had, though. I remembered every dream I've had since I started the journal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AajslFuPro

I think I kind of had a lucid dream. So I woke up at 0655 with my alarm clock, then fell back asleep. Anyways, I got drafted into some kind of military. They passed out all the armor, which was made out of blue rubber, but no weapons. Then the view kind of shifted to my house, and I conciously made a decision to go one way instead of another, which was probably the only lucid part.
So, I had a lucid dream.

Only problem: I didn't actually use MILD (I woke up in the middle of the night and fell asleep again), and I didn't do a reality check. I just sort of realized that nothing made sense, so it was a dream.

The dream had been fairly unpleasant up to that point, so I woke myself up instead of attempting dream stuff.

Congratulations guys! This just means you're normal. Only the naturally inclined can maintain their lucid dreams from the start.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »

I had another. I was walking up a grassy hill following a dirt path, and I realized about halfway up that I was dreaming. I didn't do much, since I just wanted to focus on keeping the dream going over raining fire and lightning down on the landscape but I'll get there eventually.

It's a bit odd though, I think I might be dreaming about lucid dreaming like someone else suggested (maybe it was in the OP) and not actually becoming lucid, since I don't feel the same amount of control that I had compared to my first, where I managed to make people disappear, change the weather and people's appearances at will. I don't feel the same life-like sensations either (I walked along the beach in the same dream and could smell the salt in the air, hear the waves breaking against the shore. The sand felt a lot like snow though :P) and it all feels a bit fuzzy. I don't know how I would fix that.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »

Got a dream journal finally, I barely remember anything from my dram last night except that it involved PreCure Black kicking a shadow being that got away...
Should i record that for safe measure? or just start with my first fully remembered dream?

Again this is all in effr tto move to full time Lucid Dreaming so I'm looking for any and all pointers.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2014, 06:40:06 pm »

Got a dream journal finally, I barely remember anything from my dram last night except that it involved PreCure Black kicking a shadow being that got away...
Should i record that for safe measure? or just start with my first fully remembered dream?

Again this is all in effr tto move to full time Lucid Dreaming so I'm looking for any and all pointers.

Read the op. You should record everything you remember. I draw dream scenes when there's too much detail for words.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »

Huh. Reading OP, it seems I do some of the steps as a habit since childhood. Spend a year sleeping on a couch and then after getting used to it, adjust back to sleeping in a bed again when you regain it, and fighting forces of habit formed from both surfaces. That kicks you into Lucid-gear immediately as a force of habit, since you fidget like mad, and readjust as you fall asleep (or while sleeping; flopping back and forth and fidgeting, from lying on back, to lying on chest, according to a time-lapse recording I did when doing some research).

When in a Lucid state, does anyone ever have recurring themes, nouns or verbs (Or Involuntary Totems; much like in Inception, except in a sense, it's a part of you only you can recognize as a self-identifier; I suppose, in case you're being possessed or something, or maybe sleepwalking, and your body's on full-autopilot.)? For example, One of my many involuntary "totems" always involves some variant of my town, or one of 7, now 8 people (3 of them I already mentioned previously; the girls from the crazy-ass nightclub dream), that I think I might be interacting with psychically, because they have free will in these dreams; in other words, despite lucidity, they won't listen to my override commands via In(tuitive) Control.

Spoiler: More on the people (click to show/hide)

I've had my town turn into all kinds of things, but it always had a similar build to how I would navigate my town normally everyday. The fact I can consistently navigate this town, regardless it's format, is in itself a sort of "totem" for me. Familiar, yet sufficiently different. Actually, that's my main recurring theme overall I've noticed. I mean, even controlling aspects of my dreams in full-lucid, plays out like I was playing a game, using cheat codes, or hacking the code directly as I play. The control schemes are familiar, but the application is a tad more different. It seems my controls and databases/databanks/memories/etc. are more like a point & command interface with fractals as my visual interface, giving me exactly the info I need, as well as compressing it and tossing it to other Lucids; kinda like memory sharing.

Seems like I can reference some posts relevant to topic:
My own experiments with Lucid Dreaming
Other Lucid Dreamers / Post-Lucid Contact
 ∟Earlier post than above: First Contact... In a long-ass time.

EDIT:
Wow... Looking back at the posts and their timestamps, the message has been consistent the whole time, to present day. My patience has been getting rewarded overtime; including getting really vivid dreams again, and some waking lucid dreaming is returning too (There's more, but this is more relevant). Something tells me there's gotta be more to this field, and there's either not enough thought put into it, or enough thought had been put into it, and it has been locked up for being too dangerous or something. Based on experience, waking lucid dreams are interesting; just keep in mind the totems (It sets apart the dreamer/artist from a babbling psychopath), and you can tell the realities apart. Think of it like imagination set to 11, or alternatively: Hallucinate on cue and override it immediately. Funny enough, I've had that going on since before I did any drinking or drugs. Back in the day, I was a crackpot without requiring either one. Oftentimes, I was mistaken for autistic (probably actually was); I was just not interested in someone or something, and found the inside of my mind more interesting. A true case of 'shutting-in'; I go out still, but I stay inside my cozy mind.

EDIT EDIT:
Speaking of the above, I did my own research on the 'waking lucid dreaming' (Or more like being awake while asleep; or auto-pilot meets sleep mode), and I think it really could be a means of psychic communication or application if harnessed properly. I mean, recurring people, familiar places, at times, that can be revisited (even remotely), and even amplifying your senses to account for what your mind can render, weight balance and mass, and so on. Nothing Freddy Kreuger-ish yet; so no cutting things up with a blade only I can see and feel, and yet can cut things with in meatspace (which could make for probably one of the most useful Swiss Army Knives ever, with no mass at all to it either).

See why I said earlier why this could be dangerous? What if your mind could make things real (while reality fills in the blanks), if possible/necessary (have fun pulling one over with non-euclidean stuff)? Hell, what if that was it's own uni-/multi-/meta-verse?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:49:28 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21