Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some bugs i run into  (Read 1221 times)

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some bugs i run into
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:20:46 am »

First of Golems i got from the Mountain homes wont activate i missed when they got activated but i could find the massage by searching in announcment they should be activated but they are not which makes them bit useless their name still says inactive.
Also the Drakes give birth normaly and not by Eggs.
And Genies die instantly after giving me 1 or maybe 2 items like gold bearing rock which is way to less to buy them ever again.
Kinda missing Boulder Crabs not giving birth just laying rocks which makes it hard Keeping them for a long.
The Trade post wont automaticly open crates i have to forbid all crates and allow them again before they get recognized.
Sorry for my bad english hope this helps out a bit.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Some bugs i run into
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:27:48 pm »

I myself recently ran into a bug: I used the embassy to allow lots of immigration, and never got immigrants again.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »

Angle, the embassy allows lots of emigration. Emigration is literally the opposite of imigration.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »

*Facepalm*

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

teremaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:18:56 am »

i played warlocks and never got any caravans, migrants or diplomats...

maybe i wasn't in range tho...

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:23:10 am »

You're not supposed to get any of those things, other than immigrants, but only those first 2 hardcoded waves. You are after all, raising the dead, kidnapping people, and overall scaring the poop out of everybody.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 04:45:00 pm »

Does enabling all fort mode for all of the playable races cause any problems? Cause I'm not getting any migrants after the first two waves, and I'm wondering if it's because I enabled warlocks, and that stopped the migrants from coming. This in my Dwarven fortresses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »

Does enabling all fort mode for all of the playable races cause any problems? Cause I'm not getting any migrants after the first two waves, and I'm wondering if it's because I enabled warlocks, and that stopped the migrants from coming. This in my Dwarven fortresses.
no problems. but your dwarven civ might have died in worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:36:10 pm »

Hmm. I only genned a hundred years, and I get caravans, so I'm pretty sure my Civ ain't dead.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:22 pm »

I've had immigration skip a few seasons for me as humans. How long have your fort been going on for?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 09:14:42 pm »

About two years. Only got two waves.

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »

Try looking up your dwarven civ on Legends. It could have in fact died
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 01:39:31 am »

No, my civ is doing just fine. I was wondering if d_init had gotten screwed up, but I looked and it has both the population cap at 200 and the baby caps at 100:1000, so I dunno whats happening.

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 11:51:32 am »

New bugs
some gnomish wariors/dilomats wont leave while im at siege dunno hows the situation iv im not beeing sieged since iv one faction i cant beat go away (mostly since i dident know they are immun to traps)  another one instantly sieges me...(nvm i could beat them up so i know now they still wont leave) the weird thing about it is these warriors are currently working my Fields and eat in my dinning hall.. and act like children with weapon since i cant move my prisoners to my arena anymore o0
Also i tryed to increase the weapon skill of my selfmade steel golem but its increasing sword skill but my golem is a Spear golem... i can post pictures of that iv thats something you need.

Most annoying bug ever my golems i build run away.... how can i fix this with dfhack or else rewriting something i rlly dont want my golems to be useless roaming things -.-
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:44:51 pm by Bainin »

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 05:17:17 pm »

I am running into miasma clouds not dissipating once the corpse becomes a skeleton or is removed from the under ground. The clouds typically stay there for several months after the corpse is moved and do not move at all. Also I am running into invaders duplicating once the main force is defeated and then I save the game and come back to it. I saw it happen with the humans with my succubus fort and probably the elves from earlier in the second year. The humans that reappeared were the same class (axe men) only without the leader who was captured with his steel-clad horse. The new humans spawned where they first force first camped when they arrived. This is in version 6 and in a succubus fort.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.