Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Okay, I just have to say that trees are beautiful  (Read 1344 times)

flameaway

• Bay Watcher
  • Skeptical Optimist
    • View Profile
Okay, I just have to say that trees are beautiful
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:54:35 pm »

Still can't call the game visually stunning; although, I think the game's complexity gives it some definite visual appeal.

The trees?  The trees are beautiful.

I hope I'm not going all Elvish.

{Tips his hat to Toady}
1) What?  Hey! Give me a break; I'm just a complex series of chemical reactions going about my business.

2) Legalize Plump Helmets.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I just have to say that trees are beautiful
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 03:59:41 pm »

Just the trees? The flowers blooming in Spring are the highlight for me, though the trees shedding leaves in Autumn are a very close second. I'm waiting on the update that lets us harvest tree fruit before I make an Elf fort (I'll have to learn how to mod elves as a playable race first).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:48:15 pm »

Just the trees? The flowers blooming in Spring are the highlight for me, though the trees shedding leaves in Autumn are a very close second. I'm waiting on the update that lets us harvest tree fruit before I make an Elf fort (I'll have to learn how to mod elves as a playable race first).
Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to their entity raws.

I have to say the oak leaves falling in the fall made me think the surface had caught fire. But they're beautiful.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:44:37 pm »

I have to say the oak leaves falling in the fall made me think the surface had caught fire. But they're beautiful.
i thought it was raining some kind of blood
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:34:01 pm »

Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to their entity raws.

It takes more than the controllable tag to make other races playable, at least in 34. The others don't need site nobles to be computer run yet, so they don't have them. Which means no broker, no record keeper, no mayor, no general/squad leaders to run the military. With humans that's survivable because of mechanics, but Elves haven't had that luxury to date.

Libash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:12 am »

Yes, I completely agree. The first time all of my trees burst into flower, I spent a bunch of time just looking at them and reading what types of trees they were.
When the pomegranate dropped fruit, I thought that the map was covered in blood, and has relieved to find that no, it was just pomegranates. Good to know that I am not the only one.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:24 am »

I seriously gasped when I saw half my (fruit-tree forested) map turn pretty much every color of the rainbow- there was even some cyan and purple in there- it was majestic against the cloudbloom-blossomed hills I had nestled the fort's bulwark into.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 08:15:28 am »

It's fascinating to watch the landscape change every few months; both the trees and the ground vegetation. I'm really looking forward to Stonesense getting updated.

The fruit trees and shrubs are a bit too abundant, though. The world looks like a massive orchard.

NomeQueEuLembro

• Bay Watcher
  • [COFFE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:30:34 am »

I've went to the point of recording a movie of then falling. Just so awesome. I just wish I could already brew/cook the fruits.
Likes weremammoths for it's awesomeness. Also, got a trumpet that menaces with spikes of sheep wool.