Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43216 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2014, 02:23:51 am »

Meh, whatever. Call it 50gp per for monitor lizard eggs.

Also, of all the campaigns running right now where people start pulling out Stormwrack as a reference, it's one of the only ones that isn't an oceangoing campaign.  :P

I'm honestly sort of befuddled as to why you think you're going to need a floating cart when you're plodding through thick forests with poor/no roads or underground passageways, so that's fine. You can have your amphibious wagon if you have the money and make the checks to build it, and you can have fun making checks to get it into places wheeled vehicles perhaps shouldn't, and in two or three levels you'll all have extradimensional storage. Of course, a troll with a couple sacks is practically extradimensional storage already, heh.

* Flying Dice shrugs.

Because carts are stylish!  And water-capable carts are more stylish!

And when we get extradimensional storage, we can change the cart into a mobile cover machine.

Editing: As soon as I'm able to save my Myth-Weavers sheet, my minor modifications means Take 10 will result in all things accomplished.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2014, 02:42:47 am »

Also, of all the campaigns running right now where people start pulling out Stormwrack as a reference, it's one of the only ones that isn't an oceangoing campaign.  :P
What can I say, Stormwrack is awesome.

I'm honestly sort of befuddled as to why you think you're going to need a floating cart when you're plodding through thick forests with poor/no roads or underground passageways, so that's fine.
Well, half the map so far is lake, so there's that.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »

Fair enough.

Okay, here's the dealio. The houserules worked out over the course of the thread (primarily dealing with warlocks, sorcerers, and wizards) have been added to the OP. At the moment we've got 8 sheets. I've already settled on five of them that I know I want in, so I'll leave things open for decision here:

Do you want me to roll 1d3 to determine who the 6th player is or allow 8? There are good and bad points to both: 8 means I get to include everyone and can make more interesting encounters early on because of a higher effective party level, but it also means that things will move slower in combat and updates will take more time. I'm closing the game for new characters now, but everyone who's posted a sheet gets a vote on this. Either way, everyone is free to continue altering their characters until the point where I make the IC thread.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2014, 12:11:22 pm »

I vote for option number two. The phrase "interesting encounters" is most seductive.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2014, 12:18:46 pm »

Also, some of you still have stuff missing from your charsheets. And if you wouldn't mind, Tawa, would you kindly put all of the stuff you've got in the cart in Other Notes or something so that I don't have to pull out a calculator to check your weight load whenever you pick up or abandon/sell things?

3. Run Resize Enable

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 27, 2014, 12:21:00 pm »

Option 2
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2014, 12:27:25 pm »

Option 2. Might as well. If it becomes too much we could always just let the dead lay still... So to speak.

Actually, Option 1 would probably be best.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:43:57 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »

Option 2, I suppose.

Should be...interesting.

I still need to do the whole 'equipment that isn't armor or weapons' deal, and that always takes forever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 27, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »

I'll wait for a few more votes, but in either case I'll go ahead and start things up as soon as everyone has their sheets finished up.

3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »

I believe mine should be finished now, after fixing up some missing fluff details. I'll write a more in-depth physical description if I think of anything particularly interesting.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

I really hope I get in, since I'd like to get into at least ONE DnD game on this forum.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2014, 05:09:25 pm »

I'm going to say "allow 8". The more, the merrier!

Also, some of you still have stuff missing from your charsheets. And if you wouldn't mind, Tawa, would you kindly put all of the stuff you've got in the cart in Other Notes or something so that I don't have to pull out a calculator to check your weight load whenever you pick up or abandon/sell things?
I'm on it!

Also, I remember a discussion about level 0 spells a few pages back. What's the final verdict?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:56:44 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2014, 07:29:49 pm »

As a note for the person who talked about a month of food;

If you want food that keeps that long, I believe that's the purpose of trail rations. Plus, I do think I would eat more than a single sandwich a day, particularly if I'm fighting and training and traveling a lot.

However, I also typically just think of less energy-dense food that's been made to last a while as costing about 25 cp a day, and weigh 2 pounds per day. Based on the meals per day thing, that is, and whatnot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »

Hence the reason that I've decided my 45 pounds of meat, cheese, and bread is for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 10 days.

Therefore, my cartload of food is mostly for roleplaying purposes and such. If I wanna render a couple GP into over-expensive food, that's my decision.

Not to mention that considering the prices of trail rations, I find it likely that they're just sacks of nuts or something else cheap and spoil-proof. Not the kind of nutrition an almost three century old sorcerer needs. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2014, 07:46:26 pm »

Description for them says they're 'compact, dry, high-energy foods suitable for travel, such as jerky, dried fruit, hardtack, and nuts'.

You'll notice they cost the same per day as a Good Meal.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33